300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave328 View Post
    Good morning all. Been trolling around for a while and its been helpful reading all the posts even from the beginning. Unfortunately I received my dq letter June 12. Ranked early 1900's and was blown away at the fact I was dq'd. Just wish I could know why, but one will never know. Wish all you guys the best as you move forward
    Dave, I'm sorry to hear to that. Were you permanently Dq'd or can you apply in the future? Don't let this bump in the road stop you from trying again. Best of luck.
    Last edited by nik_1248; 06-18-2014, 09:02 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by nik_1248 View Post
      Dave, I'm sorry to hear to that. Were you permanently Dq'd or can you apply in the future? Don't let this bump in the road stop you from trying again. Best of luck.
      I believe I can reapply in the future but who knows when the next test would be. It just said I do not meet the requirements for state trooper. Wish I knew what the meant. I had met with my BI May 1st, and didn't hear anything from him. And then I got the the dreadful letter.

Side note, I've been waiting since 2008 for an exam and was so shocked that I scored and ranked so high and even got through 4/6 of the process. And it won't stop me especially if they have another one Nik.

Comment

• It is tough when you do not know the exact reason but you may be able to get some info if you call member hiring. It cant hurt to try. Did you ever take the polygraph?

Comment

• Originally posted by nik_1248 View Post
          It is tough when you do not know the exact reason but you may be able to get some info if you call member hiring. It cant hurt to try. Did you ever take the polygraph?
          No I did not. Is there a number for member hiring? I would love to get some closure on my process

Comment

• It should be on the NYSP website somewhere. I don't have it at the moment.

Comment

• Don't see it. maybe someone will pass it along or may shed some knowledge on the dq process

Comment

• You didnt take the polygraph Dave? if not there must have been something that stuck out in your BI right away.

Comment

• Nik i was wondering how credible you think the info on the april class is. That looks like the class im shooting for now due to the fact i ended up getting injured in may. I did the processing weekend, pscy, poly, and finished my BI. But now im going on a medical deferemnt til im able to do strenous physical activity again. So a April class would work out great for me.

Comment

• Jdp, no polygraph. Well I would love to know what stuck out. I have a clean record. No prior arrests, never fired, never suspended.

Comment

• I believe it was credible information but of course everything revolves around budget restraints. Dave, it is possible you failed the psych. If you disclosed undetected crime that was recent, that could also be held against you. I am just shooting ideas out, not saying this was your case.

Comment

• Idk Nik, really wish I knew. My psych was back in April so would it really be that? It was approximately 2 months back that I took the pysch. What can I do? Not much at this point but move on.

Comment

Last edited by jayarr; 02-11-2015, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Airassault I'm from Chemung county. Been at annual training for a week just able to get on here. Sorry to hear about do from another guy. Makes me wonder if I will have in any of last week's mail. I'm in VA for AT.

Comment

• Jship? Fort Picket? I was in the VANG for 3 years. Delta company out of Pulaski and Charlie Co out of Christiansburg. Enjoy the ticks! I have AT in mid July in Ft Drum

Comment

• Jship, also.. If we both make it through the process we will have to carpool. Did you receive letter in mail inviting you to medical? They sent them out about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5820 users online. 206 members and 5614 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X