Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm amazed at some of the comments from prospective recruits on here. This thread was started in 2005, every answer you seek is at your fingertips. Expect salty responses from the guys doing the job if you are too lazy to read through this forum in its entirety. And there are no direct, easy answers. We read these posts and will know who most of you are when you land at our stations for FTO and permanent assignments.

Comment

• There are plenty of years experience on this forum. Most of us are willing to help, but you need to grow a thick skin and know your place. Stupid questions will earn stupid answers. Snarky comments might get nasty responses. Rules are rules. It is what it is.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Good evening y'all. I just wanted to keep in touch as we move forward. I heard another beautiful rumor today that the class size increased from 219 to upwards of 260. Can anyone confirm? I'm looking forward to the 28th, and the weeks to follow. From what I'm trackin, we "should" have the offer of acceptance packet in our mailbox within the 2 weeks following the medical screening in Albany. Really lookin forward to staying in contact with some of you via this forum, and to continue encouraging those who are doubting themselves. I think we should have a solid class of
        Military guys, which really gets up amped.

Comment

• Also, are we still trackin a 4 AUG start date?

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
            There are plenty of years experience on this forum. Most of us are willing to help, but you need to grow a thick skin and know your place. Stupid questions will earn stupid answers. Snarky comments might get nasty responses. Rules are rules. It is what it is.
            Exactly. Read through everything in this thread. Then if you're lucky enough to make it to the academy, just go with the flow. We went through it blind and so shall you.

Comment

• I haven't heard about an increase in class size but that would be great. I hope someone can confirm that info.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirAssaultInfantry View Post
                Good evening y'all. I just wanted to keep in touch as we move forward. I heard another beautiful rumor today that the class size increased from 219 to upwards of 260. Can anyone confirm? I'm looking forward to the 28th, and the weeks to follow. From what I'm trackin, we "should" have the offer of acceptance packet in our mailbox within the 2 weeks following the medical screening in Albany. Really lookin forward to staying in contact with some of you via this forum, and to continue encouraging those who are doubting themselves. I think we should have a solid class of
                Military guys, which really gets up amped.
                Where did you hear that rumor from? Was it a good source?

Comment

• I would consider my source to be credible. I'm not one blow hot air, either. Just passing along what I would conclude to be credible information.

Comment

• I hope that a bigger Aug. class doesn't mean there isn't going to be a January class.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirAssaultInfantry View Post
                      I would consider my source to be credible. I'm not one blow hot air, either. Just passing along what I would conclude to be credible information.
                      That's great. That would mean more than 300 med invites were probably sent out. That would be half of the candidates that were given background investigations. A 50/50 chance is not bad at all. Good luck to all. I hope to see as many of you as possible.

Comment

• I was told that the next class after the August one is next April so don't expect a January class. The August class will still be at the academy in January.

Comment

• Anyone from the Chemung county area that is currently processing ?

Comment

• Originally posted by nik_1248 View Post
                            I was told that the next class after the August one is next April so don't expect a January class. The August class will still be at the academy in January.
                            That would make sense. I wonder when they will start processing for the next one then. I missed the first class by just a few spots.
                            2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• I would guess around December if the time line is the same as this past processing.

Comment

• Good morning all. Been trolling around for a while and its been helpful reading all the posts even from the beginning. Unfortunately I received my dq letter June 12. Ranked early 1900's and was blown away at the fact I was dq'd. Just wish I could know why, but one will never know. Wish all you guys the best as you move forward

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6499 users online. 327 members and 6172 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X