Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final thought: I'm also 0730. I'm assuming they go by this time order 1) females 2) written test score highest to lowest. i.e if you were ranked #10 or # 57 or #103 on the written exam you would likely be the earlier time of day as oppose to someone who was ranked #578 or 702, who would be during one of those 0930 slots. Does this theory fit with everyone's rank? I'm just speculating.

Comment

• Originally posted by AirAssaultInfantry View Post
      Also, I can't imagine we will have to do any sort of physical activity (push-ups, sit-ups) seeing that the medical letter told us to wear business casual clothing and doesn't mention anything about wearing or bringing PT clothing. Correct me if I'm wrong..
      Yes there is no physical activity. A dr just looks at you for a few minutes. The whole process doesn't take too long. Most will be done around 1pm. There is no reason for the staggered times besides keeping a gigantic line from forming. Once you get in you're in a random line anyway.
      Last edited by jaguarshark; 06-12-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• My rank is in the high 300s and I am a 730. I was wondering the same thing myself, though.

Comment

• I'm mid 300 and 730 and I'm pretty sure females go first too.

Comment

• I'm ranked in the 700s and I'm at 830. I'm curious on home many people are going

Comment

• From what I'm trackin (as stated earlier), they will bring the desired amount of candidates for the upcoming class, plus 40-60 more. This is in the case that a couple fail this medical (not sure how/why that would happen), and to have a reserve list that they will pull from once people quit the first couple of weeks. History tells us that at least 10-15 individuals will quit within the first couple weeks. They will then pull from the reserve list. I believe that they will pull from that reserve list for the first 3 weeks. After that, if someone quits the academy they will not fill that position, seeing as though at that point, if they brought someone to fill that spot they will have already lost too much valuable training and it would be hard to catch them up.

Comment

• Based on their desire to have approx 220 candidates in this class. I would assume that there will be 250-270 of us in Albany on the 28th.

Comment

• Has anyone heard about someone receiving a DQ letter. I am wondering if any have been sent out.

Comment

• Would anyone with experience on here be willing to share what a typical day at academy is like? Is pt typically in morning or evening, wake-up times, is there free time in the evenings, are you allowed to leave academy at all in the evenings, etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by elijah_grubb View Post
                      Would anyone with experience on here be willing to share what a typical day at academy is like? Is pt typically in morning or evening, wake-up times, is there free time in the evenings, are you allowed to leave academy at all in the evenings, etc?
                      If you want to wake up early, there is light jogging in the morning, then some organized games like softball or touch football. Then there's some pretty good breakfast. After that you join up with those that chose to sleep in and attend a few workshops. Eat lunch, some free time to decompress, then some more classroom time. After that is dinner, then a debrief which is usually pretty goofy, and then they turn on the tv in the main lecture hall. You're only allowed to leave the Academy if you go to the mall -- no going home.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                        If you want to wake up early, there is light jogging in the morning, then some organized games like softball or touch football. Then there's some pretty good breakfast. After that you join up with those that chose to sleep in and attend a few workshops. Eat lunch, some free time to decompress, then some more classroom time. After that is dinner, then a debrief which is usually pretty goofy, and then they turn on the tv in the main lecture hall. You're only allowed to leave the Academy if you go to the mall -- no going home.
                        Too bad this forum can't detect when someone is going to post something useless in a feeble attempt to be funny. If it did people who were seeking help or information wouldn't have to weed through all the bull**** to find an answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post

You have a very poor taste in humor, nice attempt though.
                          Last edited by Falcgun; 06-17-2014, 07:51 PM.
                          2013 NYSP exam- 20XX 98.9%

Comment

• Ha, if you're that high strung the Academy is gonna break you. Certainly hope you don't get sent to my station.

Comment

• Wow, tough crowd. Please read through this forum. There is no answer to a "typical" day. They are long days, filled with lots of training. You are lucky/good if you can go to your car for a phone call. This response is typically what you get from those who have graduated.
                              Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
                              Tonawanda Police
                              Erie County Sheriff
                              Erie County Police

Comment

• man this waiting sucks i know i won't get anything until sometime in 2015 with ranking 4,8xx. good luck to all with the medical

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4524 users online. 245 members and 4279 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X