Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domestic Dispute Ends With Trooper Being Shot, Man Killed
    Monday, June 18, 2007, 5:58pm

Police are investigating a shooting on Route 56 involving a state trooper in the town of Potsdam.

Several law enforcement agencies are on the scene.

According to St. Lawrence County District Attorney Nicole Duve, a female trooper arrived at the scene of domestic dispute.

A man had shotgun and fired it at the trooper, Duve said.

She said the trooper appears to have returned fire and killed the man.

The trooper, who Duve said was shot in the shoulder, was being transported to Fletcher Allen Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont.

This story was first reported around 5:18pm and I hope the Trooper is not seriously injured! Be safe out there everyone!

Comment

• Hey GrayPatriot looks like you and I read the story about the same time.

Comment

• I hope her injuries were minor and she recovers quickly.
        sigpic
        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• ATrooper2B,

did you get my pm?

Comment

• I pulled this info from another post in the officer down section but thought it would be relevant here. The link contains more info about the wounded Trooper and the deceased piece of ****

http://rnews.com/TopStory_2004.cfm?c..._story_type=18

My thoughts are with Tpr. Reif and her family. Hopefully she will be able to get home soon and see her young child.

Comment

• Deleted By User
              Last edited by ATrooper2b; 02-23-2008, 11:26 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by willeck View Post
                As for the interviews, I only had to meet with my BI once, and it was only about 1/2 an hour. Very informal also, not even really an interview, more of a "chat" I would say.
                Stayed tuned, this ain't over.

After beginning the BI, he may have more issues to bring up with you. In all probablility, you will be meeting with him several times before he is done.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                  From reading through this thread for quite some time, it amazes me that so many individuals that get DQ'd from the hiring process get the "I didn't see anything during your BI that would have DQ'd you" from the background Investigator. I understand that the final decision is made in Albany and it isn't made by the investigator but it would seem to me that they would at least have some sort of idea. I would lean more towards the idea that they know but aren't allowed to say.
                  Let me try to unconfuse you.

The investigator doesn't even see all of the data that goes into the decision to hire someone or not. A lot of that is done in HQ by people that work there.
                  He doesn't see the results of the psych test, for example.

If the investigator finds something that is troublesome, then he has an idea that you won't be hired. If that troublesome data is found elsewhere, and not in his BI, then he has no idea. So it's perfectly plausible that he has found nothing to DQ a person who later gets DQ'd.

Comment

• How many miles can one expect to run each day at the academy? I've heard rumors stating 3 miles is the maximum.

Thanks,
                    Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPDTROOPER View Post
                      How many miles can one expect to run each day at the academy? I've heard rumors stating 3 miles is the maximum.

Thanks,
                      Mike
                      There is a loop you do which is around 3.2 miles, but you won't start that for a few weeks. The also mix it up with running stairs and sprints...

After week 18 or so if you are doing well in PT they let you do PT by yourself and a lot of people run the loop twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Stayed tuned, this ain't over.

After beginning the BI, he may have more issues to bring up with you. In all probablility, you will be meeting with him several times before he is done.
                        My background was completed last December. I only met with him one time and we spoke on the phone two times I think.
                        Last edited by willeck; 06-26-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                          There is a loop you do which is around 3.2 miles, but you won't start that for a few weeks. The also mix it up with running stairs and sprints...

After week 18 or so if you are doing well in PT they let you do PT by yourself and a lot of people run the loop twice.
                          Is it also true/common for a Training Instuctor to wake you up in the middle of the night or hold you late on a Friday to do PT?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                            Is it also true/common for a Training Instuctor to wake you up in the middle of the night or hold you late on a Friday to do PT?
                            What's with all the bold... we can all see what you wrote.

What goes on behind those walls is the experience it is because you don't know what you're in for. We all drove to Albany not knowing what to expect... the same as Troopers before us and Troopers after us did. No one gave me any tips on what was going to happen and I don't think anyone else who wears The Gray Bag is going to give away any academy secrets either With that said, Yes there are punishments at the academy and one of those might be extended PT when the class screws up... whether or not your class gets extra motivational attention depends on lots of things... probably the biggest is how fast all the sessions come together as one class.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                              What's with all the bold... we can all see what you wrote.

What goes on behind those walls is the experience it is because you don't know what you're in for. We all drove to Albany not knowing what to expect... the same as Troopers before us and Troopers after us did. No one gave me any tips on what was going to happen and I don't think anyone else who wears The Gray Bag is going to give away any academy secrets either With that said, Yes there are punishments at the academy and one of those might be extended PT when the class screws up... whether or not your class gets extra motivational attention depends on lots of things... probably the biggest is how fast all the sessions come together as one class.
                              Sorry about the bold.

I see what your saying... not to share all of the secrets and take the fun out of being surprised. We need some shockers while there.

I just asked because my cousin said he had that happen when he was there but that was over 17 years ago. I'm sure some things have changed since.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
                                I just asked because my cousin said he had that happen when he was there but that was over 17 years ago. I'm sure some things have changed since.
                                I'm not talking about your cousin here, but.....

....stories tend to get a little exaggerated sometimes. I have been at meeting with other FTOC's, some of whom were in my class, where they lament how easy the Academy has become and how hard we had back in the day. I spoke up and said "wait a minute, I was in that class. It didn't happen that way. I was there."

I went through our Academy over 20 years ago, and I was an ATO approximately 10 years ago. And I have been at the Acedemy for this-or-that reason over the years. While teaching methods have changed, it's still rigorous training that's difficult, but not impossible. If you are motivated and not a knucklehead, you'll do just fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7701 users online. 396 members and 7305 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X