Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it was five years ago and you have not had anything since or any other arrests on your background I think you may be ok. Just go through the process and find out.

Comment

• Originally posted by rxgeoff View Post
      I was just wondering if anybody can give me any input as to the chances of moving along in the Trooper process with a DWI conviction 5 years ago. I am ranked in the 2100 range but made a bad choice several years back. I am highly educated with a doctorate degree. Thank you in advance for any input.
      I think the best thing you can do is stay out of trouble until you process and be completely honest from the beginning. DWI is definitely not a joke to SP, but if you're honest about it, there may be a slight chance they will let you continue further based on other credentials. You can't change what happend, all you can do is be honest and try to show how you've changed. Or, you can call a recruiter and see if it's a complete deal killer. That way you don't have to spend the money getting up to the academy for process weekend and on a hotel. Good luck!
      Last edited by Kbruc; 06-06-2014, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Rxgeoff, I would be suspicious of anyone telling you that you have a 'zero' chance at anything in life.
        "Cowards die many times before their deaths,
        The valiant never taste of death but once." - Shakespeare (Julius Caesar)

Comment

• Originally posted by NYTPRF View Post
          If it was five years ago and you have not had anything since or any other arrests on your background I think you may be ok. Just go through the process and find out.
          Honesty is the best policy. I think your chances are greatly diminished because of the pool of candidates the NYSP has to choose from. Usually anything in the past three years of this nature would knock you out. But all you can do is go through the process. And if you do get invited to processing, that means you did get through the preliminary background investigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4merjarhead View Post
            Rxgeoff, I would be suspicious of anyone telling you that you have a 'zero' chance at anything in life.
            With so many qualified candidates without DWIs, I dunno, the chance is really really slim. If you want to see how far you can go just for fun, that's one thing. I wouldn't sacrifice time and energy if it's on short supply.

Comment

• Doh, delete this. Missed a 0 there. Not relevant to current discussion.
              Last edited by kwol; 06-08-2014, 05:19 PM.
              Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
              Tonawanda Police
              Erie County Sheriff
              Erie County Police

Comment

• I appreciate the positive feedback and those of you taking the time to give me an idea of what to expect. I know I made a big mistake so I was just looking for useful feedback. Thanks, again!

Comment

• I am currently processing with NYSP and have completed the BI phase. I am currently waiting to receive the invitation to the final medical processing. If anyone has any information regarding when the letters are being sent out, please share.

Comment

• I have also completed the BI and Poly. Packet is sitting in Albany. Expecting to hear something within next few weeks! Ranked in the low 300's on written exam, so I'm expecting to be good to go for next class. If anyone receives correspondence, please let us know. Not sure if they'll send a contingent offer of employment letter or if they'll bring us to Albany first to complete last medical portion.. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Also waiting to hear. I would think in the next few weeks we should hear something. Good luck guys

Comment

• Recruiter told me that final medical invitations would be sent out around the middle of June. I'm hoping for some mail this week. If not this week, next week. The medical is suppose to be 4-6 weeks prior to the academy which I am told will be the beginning of August.

Comment

• I spoke with Member Hiring last week and she said letters were being sent out last Friday for the final medical. I am expecting it in the mail any day. She told me that the Final Medical is 28 June 2014. It looks like (from other forums) that in past classes they invite about 50 people more than they expect to fill their class to the final medical and then they have 20 people that they put in backfill spots in case people drop out the first week they can fill the spot/spots. I am mid 300's and will be there. My BI told me that they are looking to have 219 people in this class so that would mean they would invite around 270 people to medical. Glad to see so many people are making it through the process. Hope to see you in Albany in a few weeks for the Medical.
                          Last edited by jship; 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• That's great info. Thank you! Hopefully I get a surprise in the mailbox today.

Comment

• If you have no heard anything besides getting a letter for medical take it as a good thing? No news is good news sometimes right? Lol good luck everyone

Comment

• Also jship they told you that you are being invited? Congrats if so man

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8766 users online. 382 members and 8384 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X