Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Regarding vacation, sick, and personal time off, are troopers able to roll over any unused time to the next year or do you lose those days. Also, are any unused days off paid out at retirement? Thanks.

    Comment


    • Does anyone know when they will be holding the physical for the next academy? (which will most likely be in January). I'm thinking August.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
        Does anyone know when they will be holding the physical for the next academy? (which will most likely be in January). I'm thinking August.
        I hope you're right, but I think you're grossly optimistic.

        Comment


        • Really? I hope so too. Why do you say that? When I spoke to my recruiter he made it seem like I would be getting called this summer. Are you in the next 2,000?

          Comment


          • 96 on the exam list 96xx any idea when I might or even get called ?
            July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
            January 15- here I come !

            Comment


            • Originally posted by futureisnow2014 View Post
              96 on the exam list 96xx any idea when I might or even get called ?
              It sounds like you will be in the 5th 'wave'. It looks like they are processing 2,000 people per wave, and have 2 classes a year. So, if they stick with this flow, you will probably be called in April 2016. By the way, I am just guessing based on the past. Keep faith You have awhile to prepare!

              Comment


              • If you ask me, I think they over canvassed the first wave and have way more eligible candidates than the 200 they're expecting to put into the first academy. It seems like a lot of people from the first wave will be put into the 2nd academy. Time will tell. If I had to guess, the next physical for the next wave of candidates would be in August, since they told me the first academy would begin mid-july to early august. The class in there now is set to finish on July 12th.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kbruc View Post
                  If you ask me, I think they over canvassed the first wave and have way more eligible candidates than the 200 they're expecting to put into the first academy. It seems like a lot of people from the first wave will be put into the 2nd academy. Time will tell. If I had to guess, the next physical for the next wave of candidates would be in August, since they told me the first academy would begin mid-july to early august. The class in there now is set to finish on July 12th.
                  Wow, I didn't even think of that being a possibility. If you don't mind me asking, where did you hear about the numerous eligible candidates? Also, I thought that once you went through a wave and didn't get chosen, that was it. I didn't know they bumped them into the second wave.

                  Comment


                  • They processed 2000 candidates because they will typically only qualify 1 person out of every 10. Last I heard they were down to about 600 for background investigations which will drop a ton more. I don't think you are going to see many if any carried over for the second academy.

                    Comment


                    • I am currently processing. My background investigator told me there were 600 backgrounds assigned, but said 400 will probably get tossed in the polygraph/psych interview. At the polygraph they didnt mention anything, but my psych Dr. told me he thinks they over canvassed and were expecting less people to show up or more people to defer. If there are more than 200 qualified candidates out of the 600, the remainder (based on rank) will be put into the following academy. Its possible that 400 will be tossed, but its also possible that only 300 will be tossed, therefore, having 100 additional candidates that have been approved for hire but their rank hasnt been reached for the first academy. I dont know for sure, but it's a possibility. I am ranked 1644 and am REALLY hoping I make it into the first academy. I also specifically asked my investigator this question because I am getting married next June and if I did get put into the next academy I would have to change that date. He said he thinks I would be ok, but couldn't give me an answer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kbruc View Post
                        I am currently processing. My background investigator told me there were 600 backgrounds assigned, but said 400 will probably get tossed in the polygraph/psych interview. At the polygraph they didnt mention anything, but my psych Dr. told me he thinks they over canvassed and were expecting less people to show up or more people to defer. If there are more than 200 qualified candidates out of the 600, the remainder (based on rank) will be put into the following academy. Its possible that 400 will be tossed, but its also possible that only 300 will be tossed, therefore, having 100 additional candidates that have been approved for hire but their rank hasnt been reached for the first academy. I dont know for sure, but it's a possibility. I am ranked 1644 and am REALLY hoping I make it into the first academy. I also specifically asked my investigator this question because I am getting married next June and if I did get put into the next academy I would have to change that date. He said he thinks I would be ok, but couldn't give me an answer.
                        Thanks for the information! I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you will be fine. Also, Congrats on the wedding !!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by c_ob View Post
                          Really? I hope so too. Why do you say that? When I spoke to my recruiter he made it seem like I would be getting called this summer. Are you in the next 2,000?
                          I donno how certain the January class is. Of course everything is just rumors.

                          Comment


                          • I was just wondering if anybody can give me any input as to the chances of moving along in the Trooper process with a DWI conviction 5 years ago. I am ranked in the 2100 range but made a bad choice several years back. I am highly educated with a doctorate degree. Thank you in advance for any input.

                            Comment


                            • You have zero chance.

                              Comment


                              • 10characters
                                Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:24 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11469 users online. 411 members and 11058 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X