300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
    What score did you get? if you dont mind me asking. I am also getting in shape good thing I started in January
    For those of you attending the PT test next month, how is your run looking? I am shooting for atleast 10:30. Just wondering what's going to be a really competitive time.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshortstop32425 View Post
      For those of you attending the PT test next month, how is your run looking? I am shooting for atleast 10:30. Just wondering what's going to be a really competitive time.
      You don't need to worry about other peoples scores. You don't get any bonus points for doing better then other canadents in the processing phase. I'm not saying not to get into the best shape you can because you will defiantly regrate it if you get into the academy and your not ready physically.

Comment

• Netsfan549, I got a 98.94....anyone have any idea how long they normally go between processing the next group? Or is it another unpredictable?

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
          You don't need to worry about other peoples scores. You don't get any bonus points for doing better then other canadents in the processing phase. I'm not saying not to get into the best shape you can because you will defiantly regrate it if you get into the academy and your not ready physically.
          So, your saying that if there are 400-600 qualified candidates for a 200 person class, that PT scores hold no weight in the selection process? Seems to me that if it came down to me and you being equally qualified, and you barely pass the PT and I can already meet the academy grad standards, they'll probably go with me. This is just pure speculation.

Comment

So, your saying that if there are 400-600 qualified candidates for a 200 person class, that PT scores hold no weight in the selection process? Seems to me that if it came down to me and you being equally qualified, and you barely pass the PT and I can already meet the academy grad standards, they'll probably go with me. This is just pure speculation.
            Yes that is exactly what I am telling you. I don't need to speculat seeing that I have been on the job almost six years now and have been an instructor at the academy, so when you are trying to figure out who is "more qualified" I'll go with me. If you meet the 50th percentile then you are good to go. They will tell you that you have to do X amount of push-ups for the 50th percentile and when you get to that number you are done. In the academy it is entirely different you do as many as you can.
            Last edited by dirtyduce; 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Yes that is exactly what I am telling you. I don't need to speculat seeing that I have been on the job almost six years now and have been an instructor at the academy.
              @Dirtyduce May I PM you? I have a Question.

Comment

Yes that is exactly what I am telling you. I don't need to speculat seeing that I have been on the job almost six years now and have been an instructor at the academy. If you meet the 50th percentile then you are good to go. They will tell you that you have to do X amount of push-ups for the 50th percentile and when you get to that number you are done. In the academy it is entirely different you do as many as you can.
                Nice, I hope to meet you one day!!I have faith that I will

Comment

• Originally posted by Plinton876 View Post
                  @Dirtyduce May I PM you? I have a Question.
                  Feel free.

Comment

Once everyone is ranked (as fwr as grtting a job goes) Civil service is no longer truly competitive. If your number is called and you pass all of the steps (physical big polubpsych medical etc.) you get the job. I am of course generalizing and there are some agencies whom will DQ otherwise qualified people at the board review (if they have it)

Comment

• Originally posted by XNavyVET27 View Post
                      See you guys Apr 5 & 6.....should be an interesting process....2000 candidates...Anyone have any idea on how many they are looking to hire? Veteran here, excited...6 months of Academy though is a little extreme.
                      At least you'll know how to make the bed. I was like "hospital corner?? what on earth..."

Comment

• A friend of mine who has been a trooper for about 10 years told me yesterday that if hired, prepare to spend your first year around the Canadian border. Troopers are real short up North. This probably doesnt bode well for me since I am processing out of Troop K.

Comment

• Kbruc thats not true at all. Out of the last class very few went north to the Canadian border. out of 185 people that graduated id say maybe 30 went there and thats all based on test scores while you're in the academy. so just beat out the bottom 40 or so people in the class and you won't be going north. if you're from K you most likely will end up in F,K, or C

Comment

• Originally posted by Kbruc View Post
                            A friend of mine who has been a trooper for about 10 years told me yesterday that if hired, prepare to spend your first year around the Canadian border. Troopers are real short up North. This probably doesnt bode well for me since I am processing out of Troop K.
                            Nobody really knows. In our class, even the NCOs were sure we'd all get sent west, but turns out 75%+ of the class got their first pick of Troops.

They have to account for Troop levels 6 months after the next Academy starts... and we don't even know when that is.

And then after that, they have to see who gets promoted, transferred, retired, etc, etc. So nobody knows.

Obviously I would prepare your family for the possibility you'll be several hours away from home, but that's in no way definite.

The only things definite are no Troop A, NYC, or L.

Comment

• Thank you for that info!

Comment

• Did anyone go to the orientation meetings available today (and tommorow) that explain the processing weekend? Any good info to pass along for those of us out of state and unable to make it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11542 users online. 395 members and 11147 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X