Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info!!

Comment

• Keep in mind, those with tattoos. If it barely dips into the "visible with t-shirt" range, you can take the quick route (for now) and only get what is showing removed. Then tackle the rest, later, if you want.
      Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
      Tonawanda Police
      Erie County Sheriff
      Erie County Police

Comment

• What if I have a tattoo that covers my face and says "i hate police"? Should I get that removed?

Comment

• Hey guys score 99.8 list 1xxx I didn't even know the results were out till yesterday lol
          EXAM: 1320
          List:1***
          APD-5:4/2013 done
          Medical: 10/2013 done
          Written Psych:10/2013 done
          Oral Psych:10/2013 done
          Social media:10/2013 done
          Met with BI: 03/2014 done
          Jst: 04/2014 done
          Mini-Med: 06/2014 done

Got the call : 9:45am july 5th 2014 !!

Comment

• Originally posted by NYPD_AUX View Post
            Hey guys score 99.8 list 1xxx I didn't even know the results were out till yesterday lol

I think I know you guy!

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisg6586 View Post
              I think I know you guy!
              Lmaoooo this guy!!

Comment

• This may seem like a dumb question to some, but I'm sure others are wondering the same thing. On the PT test during the run, does anyone know if we will be able to listen to music or use an MP3 for motivation? Because I know ill need it lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plinton876 View Post
                  This may seem like a dumb question to some, but I'm sure others are wondering the same thing. On the PT test during the run, does anyone know if we will be able to listen to music or use an MP3 for motivation? Because I know ill need it lol.
                  If you don't get a motivational adrenaline pump at (possibly) once in a lifetime opportunity to pass your test and continue to process with NYSP without tunes I'm not sure what to tell you. While I don't have a definitive answer for you my gut tells me not a chance. You think they would let someone bring their own yoga mat for the sit ups and perfect pushupsâ„¢ for that part?

I'm being a little sarcastic but those aren't far off from your particular question .

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
                    If you don't get a motivational adrenaline pump at (possibly) once in a lifetime opportunity to pass your test and continue to process with NYSP without tunes I'm not sure what to tell you. While I don't have a definitive answer for you my gut tells me not a chance. You think they would let someone bring their own yoga mat for the sit ups and perfect pushupsâ„¢ for that part?

I'm being a little sarcastic but those aren't far off from your particular question .
                    I was expecting to get an answer like this. Don't get me wrong I am extremely pumped as we speak but I know that it would just be another plus that's all. If not then that's fine I will be OK.

Comment

• No you won't be able too , I wish thoo

Comment

This may seem like a dumb question to some, but I'm sure others are wondering the same thing. On the PT test during the run, does anyone know if we will be able to listen to music or use an MP3 for motivation? Because I know ill need it lol.
                        When I got out of the Marine Corps I would have thought that was a ridiculous question. Then I joined the Air Force. Where not only can you use such a device - you can have anyone you want - or as many people as you want come "pace" you and encourage you during your pt test. Not a crazy question if you ask me....

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                          When I got out of the Marine Corps I would have thought that was a ridiculous question. Then I joined the Air Force. Where not only can you use such a device - you can have anyone you want - or as many people as you want come "pace" you and encourage you during your pt test. Not a crazy question if you ask me....
                          Oh wow I am in the Air Force, and I didn't know you could do that (Use the mp3) Maybe because we do our pt test on the road not on a track on my base so the commander took that away even if your running on your own. As for the test you are correct we can have anyone we want to come pace us and help us out (not physically though).

Comment

Oh wow I am in the Air Force, and I didn't know you could do that (Use the mp3) Maybe because we do our pt test on the road not on a track on my base so the commander took that away even if your running on your own. As for the test you are correct we can have anyone we want to come pace us and help us out (not physically though).
                            Ya probably because of the road. Thats air force wide - not running with headphones on the roadway. They want you to hear that car that runs you over...

Comment

• I recently took a PT for a local PD who let you use your ipod or MP3 if you liked and also encouraged those who finished the run first to run along with and encourage others who were on the verge of missing the pass time. I was pretty shocked but took advantage of the ipod use. I am not planning on being afforded the same opportunity for the upcoming PT for SP. My advice, start running without one. If they let you use it, it will just be a nice perk.

Comment

• No portable electronic devices will be allowed in the academy by candidates. So kiss the iPod idea goodbye! You can bring in a water bottle and some snacks, and I encourgae you to because it will be a very long day. Good luck to those who scored in the top 1k or so, you should expect a invite for a processing weekend in the near future.
                                Last edited by Juicemanr4; 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12138 users online. 423 members and 11715 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X