300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
    Same here, 85 last time-96 this time. My rank last time was 8400 and i processed. This time the test was much, much easier. and my rank was mid 11k. i was told they want to have more discretion when choosing candidates, which was why the exam was easier. the more people pass, the more choices they have. Makes sense.
    also, when they do process they process 2000 people at a time. In the past they have processed every 6 months. i worked at the academy for 4 years as a civilian.
    Told by who? And does that mean the 2013 exam will be used for more than 5 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
      Told by who? And does that mean the 2013 exam will be used for more than 5 years?
      No the test will expire on time. The only reason the 2008 was around for so longer bc they had a hiring freeze that extended the expiration of the exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrod2692 View Post
        No the test will expire on time. The only reason the 2008 was around for so longer bc they had a hiring freeze that extended the expiration of the exam.
        So around what rank do you think they'll reach?

Comment

So around what rank do you think they'll reach?
          No one can say. But considering 2000 for this next Academy - probably 8-10k? But thats not taking into consideration politics and funding. Thats just statistically speaking, best case scenario...

Comment

• My top priority is becoming a NY State trooper. I know that this could be a long wait. With that being said, I've been thinking about changing jobs right now. Would a job transition during this whole process look bad for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
              No one can say. But considering 2000 for this next Academy - probably 8-10k? But thats not taking into consideration politics and funding. Thats just statistically speaking, best case scenario...
              8-10k? Do those who fail count? Or they just count those who passed?

Comment

8-10k? Do those who fail count? Or they just count those who passed?
                You do the math. They process 1000 ppl for 100 class. That's 1/10 passing on average.

Comment

• No it wouldn't matter just make sure you update your peofile for it I changed my job right before I took my state job you should be fine

Comment

• A few quick questions, I've been hit by a vehicle twice when I was younger, nothing serious, no broken bones or concussion, just minor lacerations. Been in a car accident when I was 17(?), once again no major injuries, just scrapes and bruises. Would this put me on medical review? I am guessing it probably would.

Comment

• 10characters
                      Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boredlimodriver View Post
                        Do you currently have medical issues stemming from them? If not, no
                        No issues what so ever, I seem to have a very tough cranium.

Comment

Last edited by SlowDownThere; 03-01-2014, 05:41 AM.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            Sounds like ... oh , never mind.

Comment

• Only 12,000k will be taken from this list. From a trooper I spoke to. So who knows plus they have a lot more to choose from so they can be very picky on everything think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRIZZO View Post
                                Only 12,000k will be taken from this list. From a trooper I spoke to. So who knows plus they have a lot more to choose from so they can be very picky on everything think about it.
                                12k? Then that means the test will be used for about 6 years? Sheesh. Hopefully they hire those who scored 95 and above, which is up to 13k

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7432 users online. 289 members and 7143 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X