300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by willeck View Post

Telephone numbers do have "area" codes, which pertain to a certain "area". Last time I checked NY did have a few different area codes. I don't know, maybe VZMan can help with this, he seems to be the telephone expert.
    Not that I really feel the need to, nor do I really want to jump into the middle of the pi***ng match on here, but here I go anyways………

Since I have been deemed the resident “expert” on phone stuff……all I have to say is that nowadays with the prevalence of cellphones, area codes do not always correlate with the area an individual resides in. It would be the case with landlines (although not always and I’ll spare you the technical jargon and reasoning for that), but cellphone #’s and area codes can now be taken all over a state or the country for that matter when an individual moves.

Comment

• Oops guess you beat me to the submit button

Comment

• New subject, how about that local sports team? They sure scored a lot of units.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
          New subject, how about that local sports team? They sure scored a lot of units.
          I totally agree. If people weren't picking at the bits of information others are trying to relay, no problems would be had.

I only come to this site for NYSP processing info or to share any confirmed info I receive to help out others in my boat etc. I just like to add my sources of information to show it's legitimacy.

It seems that if you read most message boards/blogs threads, most lead to verbal disputes. Let's not let this thread follow that trend.

Let's try and appreciate the power of the internet and the wealth of infomation we can learn from each other.
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

New subject, how about that local sports team? They sure scored a lot of units.
            Aah the eternal voice of reasoning.........

This thread has been getting away from its intended reason quite a bit as of late!!! I'll accept my portion of the blame for that.

On a thread topic friendly note, I have my question of the day............

What types of interviews are involved with the hiring process? Does one have to partake in a panel style oral interview or is it limited to the interviews conducted by your BI?
            Last edited by VZMan; 06-17-2007, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
              I totally agree. If people weren't picking at the bits of information others are trying to relay, no problems would be had.

I only come to this site for NYSP processing info or to share any confirmed info I receive to help out others in my boat etc. I just like to add my sources of information to show it's legitimacy.

It seems that if you read most message boards/blogs threads, most lead to verbal disputes. Let's not let this thread follow that trend.

Let's try and appreciate the power of the internet and the wealth of infomation we can learn from each other.
              +1
              It is very hard to relay tone on here and I do believe a vast majority of the time individuals misconstrue the intended purpose or message someone has written.

Comment

• No panel, just a one-on-one throughout the various stages. You'll do several interviews with your background investigator, as well as a psychological interview, a polygraph interview, and your background investigator will interview just about everybody that you've ever met.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of panel interviews. They are just a brief snapshot, and I'm not sure that they prove anything more than a trained psychologist can. Granted, all police officers are practical psychologists.
                Last edited by GrayState; 06-17-2007, 10:31 PM.

Comment

No panel, just a one-on-one throughout the various stages. You'll do several interviews with your background investigator, as well as a psychological interview, a polygraph interview, and your background investigator will interview just about everybody that you've ever met.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of panel interviews. They are just a brief snapshot, and I'm not sure that they prove anything more than a trained psychologist can. Granted, all police officers are practical psychologists.
                  Haha very true!!!! Along with babysitters, counselors, and the list goes on and on……

I agree with your thoughts, I don’t think putting a candidate in front of a panel of individuals for a short time will tell them enough about what type of person the candidate is. It would seem more fitting to me to attempt to get a better overall picture by repetition.

Comment

• I only had to meet with my BI once, and it was only about 1/2 an hour. Fairly informal.
                    Last edited by willeck; 06-26-2007, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by willeck View Post
                      As for the interviews, I only had to meet with my BI once, and it was only about 1/2 an hour. Very informal also, not even really an interview, more of a "chat" I would say.
                      Let's just hope we all have it that easy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Let's just hope we all have it that easy.

That would be nice

(Random Thought of the Day) From reading through this thread for quite some time, it amazes me that so many individuals that get DQ'd from the hiring process get the "I didn't see anything during your BI that would have DQ'd you" from the background Investigator. I understand that the final decision is made in Albany and it isn't made by the investigator but it would seem to me that they would at least have some sort of idea. I would lean more towards the idea that they know but aren't allowed to say.

Phew... got that off my mind, now I can rest easy
                        Last edited by VZMan; 06-17-2007, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Whoa!!! Easy Killer! That was supposed to be a joke. That is what those cute little smiley faces mean after each statement. Do you seriously think I believe we should be robots etc...?
                          Hey genius, I wasn't responding to your robots comment.

Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post

Could you be a bigger hypocrite? You argue/question those on the job and once you voice your opinion, several times over, you post this...

When someone on the job picks at your pieces of information they are telling you facts from their experience not from third party sources.

Keep up the attitude! They will love you in the academy, but my gut tells me you will be one of those running home to NYC transit authority in the first week... Most whiners take that route, but maybe you can prove me wrong Bob!
                          Last edited by GrayPatriot; 06-18-2007, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• Tell me what that means? As some of you mentioned to VZman before... "If you can't take a little criticism you in the wrong field." You don't dish out what you can't eat yourself" My philosophy.[/QUOTE]

Take it from my personal experience on this board. You are headed down the wrong path. Negativity breeds negativity. Guys on the job long before me don't appreciate it. Spend 5 seconds in the acdemy and you will learn to not make yourself a target. Cool your jets until you get on the job, and by on the job I mean more time on than I have. Because you are going to have to ask for alot of help while you are the FNG.
                            When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                              Hey genius, I wasn't responding to your robots comment.

Could you be a bigger hypocrite? You argue/question those on the job and once you voice your opinion, several times over, you post this...

When someone on the job picks at your pieces of information they are telling you facts from their experience not from third party sources.

Keep up the attitude! They will love you in the academy, but my gut tells me you will be one of those running home to NYC transit authority in the first week... Most whiners take that route, but maybe you can prove me wrong Bob!

I'm a Genius, Hypocrite, Have an attitude, a Whiner and probably won't make it through the academy. I'm sorry you feel this way. Regardless of what you think I am, I would give my life to protect fellow officers, including you or anyone who feels the same as you do about me. My integrity and dedication goes beyond personal insults.

As someone mentioned before on this thread... "It is easy for words to be misunderstood without actually hearing the tone of someone's voice". I hope one day when I am a Trooper we will work together, so you can see I'm not as bad as you may think I am. We may even be good friends one day.
                              sigpic

Comment

• More important information...

http://wwnytv.net/72k/new-full-story...ea=home%20page

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8093 users online. 355 members and 7738 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X