300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kwol View Post
    Timetables are anything but definite, unless you have that letter in your hand about 2 weeks from the date you need to report to academy telling you the date/time you need to report. Wish I had a better answer, but it is what it is.

Edit, rundown is shown here http://nytrooper.com/selection_process.cfm
    Thanks for the information, sorry I should have been more clearer in my questions, I already knew about the selection process, I just wanted to know the time frame all that happened in. Like does it get done in one week end, or is it a several month type of a deal.

Comment

• Someone correct me if I'm wrong, PAT and psych and other processing happen in one weekend. Background and poly is up to your BI and when he/she is available. Medical would be weekend. Again, have not been through the process, myself, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
      Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
      Tonawanda Police
      Erie County Sheriff
      Erie County Police

Comment

• You get the selection letter saying when you need to be in Albany for processing. Saturday you do the pt test, if you pass move on to vision, tattoos, basic background packet and a few other things. Pass everything Sat you go back Sunday for psych/hearing/ urinalysis/hair sample. After that you schedule an appt for psychologist. Then for me I had my background meeting and poly within the next week or 2. Initial processing weekend was early September, last step being medical was first week December...

Comment

• Originally posted by gitrdone View Post
          You get the selection letter saying when you need to be in Albany for processing. Saturday you do the pt test, if you pass move on to vision, tattoos, basic background packet and a few other things. Pass everything Sat you go back Sunday for psych/hearing/ urinalysis/hair sample. After that you schedule an appt for psychologist. Then for me I had my background meeting and poly within the next week or 2. Initial processing weekend was early September, last step being medical was first week December...
          Thank you gitrdone, how did you do on your second exam? Was it different from the one you took in 2008?

Comment

• I wonder what kind of questions they ask on the polygraph. Does anyone know? Just out of curiosity.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSoriano View Post
              I wonder what kind of questions they ask on the polygraph. Does anyone know? Just out of curiosity.
              Probably your typical run down;
              -Have you ever done illegal drugs
              -do you drink alcohol and how often

I am sure they will throw some in just to make you sweat.

Comment

• I scored a 95. Do you think I have a chance? :s

Comment

I scored a 95. Do you think I have a chance? :s
                  Someday maybe. Read the thread. They process in rank order and give the test every 4 yearsish. So if they make it to you within 4 years then yes....

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                    Someday maybe. Read the thread. They process in rank order and give the test every 4 yearsish. So if they make it to you within 4 years then yes....
                    Ranked 12.9k. I guess I don't have a chance. Hopefully the other exams I took will!

Comment

Ranked 12.9k. I guess I don't have a chance. Hopefully the other exams I took will!
                      The website says they processed up to 10k last time - and that was with a multi-year hiring freeze so you never know. But your probably right.

Figuring processing 2000 to 3000 a year (two 150 person classes - their average) that really only gets to 12kish before the exam expires - and thats best case scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                        Thank you gitrdone, how did you do on your second exam? Was it different from the one you took in 2008?
                        I scored 97 this past fall , and 85 I think in 2008. My rank is better but not much.

Comment

Nobody can tell you exactly where they will hit. There are so many factors involved. Maybe they fill their classes after 5000 or 15000, everything you hear on here is a guess based on the past.

Stay fit, out of trouble, take other tests, and be ready in the event your number gets called so that you are prepared for it! Like others have said don't wait around for one test take as many as you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by gitrdone View Post
                            I scored 97 this past fall , and 85 I think in 2008. My rank is better but not much.
                            Thats a really good score change man. Was the test very different this time around?

Comment

• I've noticed my rank went up around 10 more spots since they were released. Does any one know how long they allow military who missed the test to take it?

Comment

• Same here, 85 last time-96 this time. My rank last time was 8400 and i processed. This time the test was much, much easier. and my rank was mid 11k. i was told they want to have more discretion when choosing candidates, which was why the exam was easier. the more people pass, the more choices they have. Makes sense.
                                also, when they do process they process 2000 people at a time. In the past they have processed every 6 months. i worked at the academy for 4 years as a civilian.
                                Last edited by dh3521; 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9441 users online. 330 members and 9111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X