Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My buddy got a 96.7 list is 7xxx I got a 96.1 list is 9xxx crazy that there are 2000 ppl within .5 of a score...not keeping my hopes up
    July 14- made the list, did not reach list number.
    January 15- here I come !

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
      Yeah that's crazy. I got a 91 in 2008 and ranked 4,6xx. Of course this time the format of the test was much different.
      So 2013 exam was much easier than 2008 ?

Comment

• The sad thing is a 70 (just passing)on the 2008 exam would've given me a better rank then a 93 on this exam. I mean only 15 something thousand people passed the 2008 exam. I'm ranked high 17,000s.

Comment

• 97.XX list number 51XX no veteran credits

Comment

• 97 list 67xx
            Exam 2302
            List: 7xx

APD: 5/2013
            Medical:1/14 -Passed
            Written & Oral Psych:1/14 - Passed
            Investigator Interview: 1/14 - Done
            JST - 3/14 - Passed
            Mini Med - 5/14 - Passed
            Ringing Phone - 7/5 - Picked Up

NYSP
            97.xx List 67xx

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul88 View Post
              So 2013 exam was much easier than 2008 ?
              As I understand it, the format was different. I could be wrong.

Comment

• The format was completely unrecognizable from the test the last time I took it. It was actually better, before it was pretty lame questions like "Which is the proper spelling: A business B buisness C bizness D busines" "True or False: it is wrong to steal" and general aptitude nonsense like that. This time it was really similar to the University Police exam I took in 2010 which was more a paragraph explaining policy/procedures then asking questions based on interpreting the policy. People who got disappointing ranks should definitely stay positive consider that a lot of people on the list have found other/better opportunities, won't pass the PT test, will have visible tattoos, 1/4 men are red/green color blind, a lot of people have recent convictions (even things as minor as administrative fines/violations -- even if they were dismissed) a lot get scrutinized by the psych/background inv., private industry is hiring much more in the past year and some desperate folks may not be interested anymore (when I went to the DEC PT test in 2012 the guy next to me was an attorney out of work!) many people will be on other lists like the DEC police and might pursue those opportunities, the SP has insane amounts of attrition right now and didn't hire/backfill for a really long period... NYS civil service in general is hiring a LOT more in the past months then they did between 2008-2012, I get canvass letters almost daily from office mental health, dept. of health, DOT, NYS insurance fund, SUNY colleges, and so on for all sorts of jobs I took tests for... So just keep in shape and hope for the best.
                "Afraid of dying alone? Become a bus driver!"

Comment

• Originally posted by JustShoveJOB View Post
                  The format was completely unrecognizable from the test the last time I took it. It was actually better, before it was pretty lame questions like "Which is the proper spelling: A business B buisness C bizness D busines" "True or False: it is wrong to steal" and general aptitude nonsense like that.
                  I think the test should have had more analytical questions than opinion and life experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                    I think the test should have had more analytical questions than opinion and life experience.
                    Really???? It seems to me that life experience and "opinion" (discretion) are two very important things required to do this job. Sure, you need to be analytical too but you don't always have time to analyze a situation and your "opinion" and life experience will matter when you need to make a quick decision. I would much rather my two shift partner be able to react without having to call a time out because he needs to "think about it".....just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by JustShoveJOB View Post
                      The format was completely unrecognizable from the test the last time I took it. It was actually better, before it was pretty lame questions like "Which is the proper spelling: A business B buisness C bizness D busines" "True or False: it is wrong to steal" and general aptitude nonsense like that. This time it was really similar to the University Police exam I took in 2010 which was more a paragraph explaining policy/procedures then asking questions based on interpreting the policy. People who got disappointing ranks should definitely stay positive consider that a lot of people on the list have found other/better opportunities, won't pass the PT test, will have visible tattoos, 1/4 men are red/green color blind, a lot of people have recent convictions (even things as minor as administrative fines/violations -- even if they were dismissed) a lot get scrutinized by the psych/background inv., private industry is hiring much more in the past year and some desperate folks may not be interested anymore (when I went to the DEC PT test in 2012 the guy next to me was an attorney out of work!) many people will be on other lists like the DEC police and might pursue those opportunities, the SP has insane amounts of attrition right now and didn't hire/backfill for a really long period... NYS civil service in general is hiring a LOT more in the past months then they did between 2008-2012, I get canvass letters almost daily from office mental health, dept. of health, DOT, NYS insurance fund, SUNY colleges, and so on for all sorts of jobs I took tests for... So just keep in shape and hope for the best.
                      Your explanation right there is the reason why I am staying the least bit positive about my ranking. Yeah sure, a lot people passed, then again SP advertised the heck out of this exam. In essence, it just means a lot more people that are un-qualified. I could tell you, half to three quarters of the people at my site, will not make it. Two kids at my desk were falling asleep. Some kids goofing off. couple people being yelled at on line for just looking like a jack a**, the list goes on so let's be hopefull!

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_10002 View Post
                        Your explanation right there is the reason why I am staying the least bit positive about my ranking. Yeah sure, a lot people passed, then again SP advertised the heck out of this exam. In essence, it just means a lot more people that are un-qualified. I could tell you, half to three quarters of the people at my site, will not make it. Two kids at my desk were falling asleep. Some kids goofing off. couple people being yelled at on line for just looking like a jack a**, the list goes on so let's be hopefull!
                        I couldn't help but take note of all the people waiting to take my exam. I took it with about 500 other people and the proctors had to keep reminding people to bring their phones back to their car or leave them with the administrators and pick them back up on their way out. Even when handing out the test they kept taking phones!! At that point you'd think they would have kicked the people out. This simple lack of following direction gives me hope. The lack of respect for the exam was seen my attire. I understand that there is no dress code for taking the exam, but if you are taking an exam for a career and there are uniformed officers who are spending their Saturday to work there, your fellow possible co-workers, at least not show up in sweat pants and backwards hat! Maybe I'm old fashioned but have some respect!

Comment

• I'm sitting here sweating my *** off from the nerves lol. I got a 93.88 list 15xxx. I really hope this gives me a chance ... SMH why did so many people have to take this exam :/ Anyway good luck to my fellow forum friends. Sit tight and train as hard as you can!
                          PAPD
                          Tested: 5/18/13
                          Qualified

NYSP
                          Tested: 10/13
                          List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                          Tested: 11/16/13
                          Eligible

PWCPD
                          Tested: 2/3/14
                          PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                          Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                          Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• Is anyone else having trouble login and receiving the exam score. All my information is correct but a system error box keeps popping up

Comment

• I scored a 97.88 and I'm ranked in the 4000s. According to my friend who took the test in 08, he said they'll easily go through 10,000 people before the list expires. I guess we shall see if he's correct. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Can we please move on from all these post about how you are all the most qualified candidates, you've always wanted to be a cop, but the test isnt fair, you have no life experience and that shouldn't count against you, and life is so tough and unfair, or everyone who scores well is a liar or a cheater?

Put your big girl panties on and stfu. If your going to survive a day in this career, yet alone a day in a state police academy, you all are going to need to grow up. This forum is to learn and ask questions, not so we can listen to why life is just too rough for you, or how you are a victim of circumstance. Walk up the stairs from your mommys basement and cry to her.

Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

That is all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4032 users online. 167 members and 3865 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X