Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95% Here...Lower 12thousands list number...Im new to the process, wondering if you folks could lend me some advice on what to expect...its hard to give straight answers but anything helps! I know they process a lot of people but any chances they hit my range? Took NYPD back in the summer so the wait begins... Anything helps guys!

And good luck to the people who scored well enough for this summers academy.

Comment

• 92.89 rank 18888

Comment

• Score is 99+ no vet points, rank is in 1100s

Comment

• Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
          In the same boat brother. Couldn't even eat i was so sick to my stomach. I hope you took your local sheriffs exam back in November. I just hope someday I'll be wearing the grey and purple.
          Nate,

I took the exam for Sheriff and Police Officer but still probably have two months to get those results. Obviously the Troopers are first choice but with my ranking it may be a long shot!

Comment

• Hopefully they use this list for more then 4 years. I don't think it would be wise or fair (even though as people say "life is unfair") to tell people with mid to low 90's that they won't be processed because they weren't called within four years. If last test, people with 85s were called they shouldn't be telling people with 85's or higher this test they won't be processed.
            NYSP
            Oct 19, 2013
            Score: 96.XX

Comment

• There's no point in getting discouraged from test scores it doesn't help. I scored almost 10 points less on 2008 exam than this new one, still got the letter and went through the entire hiring process this past fall. I didnt get disqualified and they didnt get to my rank to get the job..

Comment

• Originally posted by gitrdone View Post
                I didnt get disqualified and they didnt get to my rank to get the job..
                I don't get what you mean by your last sentence? Without coming off as sarcastic or a d*ck, why didn't you get the job then?

From what I am reading, on this forum and the NYSP website, that exam lasted 6 years and they reach ranks of 10k with scores of 85. This exam for 2013, I scored a 96 and was ranked 9k lol Its hard to not get discouraged with those numbers.
                NYSP
                Oct 19, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post
                  I don't get what you mean by your last sentence? Without coming off as sarcastic or a d*ck, why didn't you get the job then?

From what I am reading, on this forum and the NYSP website, that exam lasted 6 years and they reach ranks of 10k with scores of 85. This exam for 2013, I scored a 96 and was ranked 9k lol Its hard to not get discouraged with those numbers.

hey dude, once again, feeling discourage will only get you to nothing. The only thing that matters you got a high score, you're in the ball game, just waiting for the time to get started. hey if its a year or two, you'll be called. If you're truly passionate about it, you can just stay positive, clean, and fit. best of luck man..Believe me I personally know four guys already that aren't going through with the process, and they scored a bit higher than me...Just a thought!
                  NYPDExam#: 0140- 03/10
                  Score: 9x.xxx%
                  List #: 4xx
                  All submitted just waiting.

NYSPExam
                  Score: 9x.xxx
                  List #: 2x,xxx

NYS Court Officers 45-784
                  Score: 95.X
                  List #: 10XX

'X' for anonymity

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

Comment

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post

From his previous posts - it appears he got fully processed, the Jan class filled, and everyone processed off the 2008 list waiting for a spot got told thanks but no thanks. January was the last academy for the 2008 exam. Happened to quite a few people on here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitty View Post
                      From his previous posts - it appears he got fully processed, the Jan class filled, and everyone processed off the 2008 list waiting for a spot got told thanks but no thanks. January was the last academy for the 2008 exam. Happened to quite a few people on here...
                      Oh okay. Thanks for the clarification. Time to be patient and keep in shape.
                      NYSP
                      Oct 19, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeusWords View Post
                        hey dude, once again, feeling discourage will only get you to nothing. The only thing that matters you got a high score, you're in the ball game, just waiting for the time to get started. hey if its a year or two, you'll be called. If you're truly passionate about it, you can just stay positive, clean, and fit. best of luck man..Believe me I personally know four guys already that aren't going through with the process, and they scored a bit higher than me...Just a thought!
                        Yea man, you are right. Just have to be ready for when that letter comes.
                        NYSP
                        Oct 19, 2013

Comment

• A quick reminder, excerpt from the site

"note that this may not be your final ranking on the eligibility list for the position of Trooper. The State Police may administer one or more supplemental entrance examinations for active duty military personnel who were unable to take the regular entrance examination, which may change your current ranking."

Train, be patient, and be smart....it will be our turn soon
                          NYPDExam#: 0140- 03/10
                          Score: 9x.xxx%
                          List #: 4xx
                          All submitted just waiting.

NYSPExam
                          Score: 9x.xxx
                          List #: 2x,xxx

NYS Court Officers 45-784
                          Score: 95.X
                          List #: 10XX

'X' for anonymity

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius

Comment

• They process more candidates than budget allows them to hire. So I didn't get the job because they didn't get to my rank. So yeah basically said thanks but oh well.

Comment

• good luck all
                              Last edited by Ben86; 02-14-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                                Just for some perspective, on the 2008 test, I scored 93.99 and was ranked in the 1900s. There was obviously a lot more competition for this test.
                                Yeah that's crazy. I got a 91 in 2008 and ranked 4,6xx. Of course this time the format of the test was much different.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10715 users online. 378 members and 10337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X