300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
    . So, it could work that they take people from the new list and include everyone from the old one that has already fully processed, except for the medical.
    It's that word everyone that gets me.

I'm thinking just the defferals, not everyone. But I really don't know for sure.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
      I'm pretty sure that some of the earlier classes from the current list had at least a few people in them from the prior list mixed in with people from the current list.
      We had approximately 40 people from the last test list in my class (mine was the first of this list). These people were lucky to get in as certain people wanted my class to be all from the new list.

Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
      I was told by several recruiters that once you have processed up to the Medical, you will not be passed up and will continue to the next available class regardless of list expiration.
      This is not the case as I know someone who wasn't called.

Not trying to spoil the party, but you don't want to give people false hope. Remember you are not in until you receive that letter of appointment...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
        It's that word everyone that gets me.

I'm thinking just the defferals, not everyone. But I really don't know for sure.

SDT, I think you may be headed in the right direction with regard to the deferrals……

I’m not 100% positive and I will check with him, but I do believe a friend of mine was hired off the list prior to the current one. He was active military and was deployed at the expiration of the 2000 list cycle but did attend the academy in the end off 2005.

Comment

• I think for the most part, the info I was told by recruiters is true. I'm a majority rules person and when questions arise I call all ten recruiters on the statewide list. This was said by 6 of them and the other 4 never returned my calls

Personally, I feel that people with list #'s of 8500 and under have a pretty good chance of making the academy considering over 5700 were screened to hire 600 so far. This is also considering that they pass all of the remaining processing steps. The approx. 2800 candidates I am talking about should easily be given a chance being approx 1 out of 10 people get hired. So basically the next 2800 candidates have a fair chance of making the winter/spring academy.

Besides, let's look at the bright side... NYPD needs over 3,000 men and women who want to risk their lives for $25,000 the first year.
          sigpic
          IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
            I think for the most part, the info I was told by recruiters is true. I'm a majority rules person and when questions arise I call all ten recruiters on the statewide list. This was said by 6 of them and the other 4 never returned my calls

Personally, I feel that people with list #'s of 8500 and under have a pretty good chance of making the academy considering over 5700 were screened to hire 600 so far. This is also considering that they pass all of the remaining processing steps. The approx. 2800 candidates I am talking about should easily be given a chance being approx 1 out of 10 people get hired. So basically the next 2800 candidates have a fair chance of making the winter/spring academy.

Besides, let's look at the bright side... NYPD needs over 3,000 men and women who want to risk their lives for $25,000 the first year.

Hey what can it hurt to think positivly and keep the hope alive

Comment

This was said by 6 of them and the other 4 never returned my calls
              Troopers take leave days and get sick too.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I just said that it COULD be... Always the optimist hehe. It all depends on how good Albany is at guessing numbers I suppose. The point I'm trying to make is, they have carried people over from one list to the next and had mixed classes

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                  Troopers take leave days and get sick too.
                  Thats no excuse. A good trooper never gets sick or takes leave days
                  And even if they do, you return messages you received. This is what they get paid for.

C'mon people! You are supposed to be robots, not human beings! Get the nonsense out of your heads!
                  sigpic

Comment

I think for the most part, the info I was told by recruiters is true. I'm a majority rules person and when questions arise I call all ten recruiters on the statewide list. This was said by 6 of them and the other 4 never returned my calls
                    Why would you contact all 10 recruiters with the same question? If you actually make it onto the job let me give you a bit of advice. When you ask someone a question don't fish around until you receive the answer you are looking for. I am sure you will hear that again if you make it on the job...

There is a recuiter assigned to each troop for a reason. The reason 4 didn't respond could have been because they are receiving 10 times the amount of emails they should be receving...

Not for nothing some of these recuiters have not been in the academy in a long time. I was told we couldn't do laundry at the academy and there was no phone calls. That was two pieces of bad information I was provided with...
                    Last edited by GrayPatriot; 06-17-2007, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      Why would you contact all 10 recruiters with the same question? If you actually make it onto the job let me give you a bit of advice. When you ask someone a question don't fish around until you receive the answer you are looking for. I am sure you will hear that again if you make it on the job...

There is a recuiter assigned to each troop for a reason. The reason 4 didn't respond could have been because they are receiving 10 times the amount of emails they should be receving...

Not for nothing some of these recuiters have not been in the academy in a long time. I was told we couldn't do laundry at the academy and there was no phone calls. That was two pieces of bad information I was provided with...

Whoa!!! Easy Killer! That was supposed to be a joke. That is what those cute little smiley faces mean after each statement. Do you seriously think I believe we should be robots etc...?
                      sigpic

Comment

Whoa!!! Easy Killer! That was supposed to be a joke. That is what those cute little smiley faces mean after each statement. Do you seriously think I believe we should be robots etc...?
                        He's talking about you calling all the recruiters... you went answer shopping as we call it. You don't like what the city PD told you so you call the SO and you don't like what a Deputy told you so you call the barracks... probably not going to like that answer either. Calling 1 recruiter... the one for the troop you live in would suffice. BTW... they probably didn't call you back because you aren't in their troop. I know if I was the Troop L recruiter and I got a phone message to call someone in Jamestown about an academy question... probably not going to be at the top of my list and I'd probably just forward you info on to the recruiter for which troop you live in.

Also probably not a great attitude to have with someone who already has road time... i.e. senior to you IF you make it into and then through the academy.
                        Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-17-2007, 01:35 PM.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• [QUOTE=Trooper4985;902523]He's talking about you calling all the recruiters... you went answer shopping as we call it. You don't like what the city PD told you so you call the SO and you don't like what a Deputy told you so you call the barracks... probably not going to like that answer either. Calling 1 recruiter... the one for the troop you live in would suffice. BTW... they probably didn't call you back because you aren't in their troop. I know if I was the Troop L recruiter and I got a phone message to call someone in Jamestown about an academy question... probably not going to be at the top of my list and I'd probably just forward you info on to the recruiter for which troop you live in.

I don't recall anywhere in my writings, crying that 4 recruiters didn't call me back. All I mentioned is that 6 out of 10 gave me an answer and I put a little confused smiley face after. And regardless of what troop area I am in, a recruiter's job is to help those who inquire to the best of their ability or guide them to the proper recruiter if they don't wanna help that person. This is what recruiter's do and if they have a problem with this position, they are definitely in the wrong department. I have been working with the public for over 10 years and if I can't answer a question I atleast point them in the direction of someone who might be able to help. Also, tell me how a recruiter determines what troop you are from by leaving a first name and number?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Also probably not a great attitude to have with someone who already has road time... i.e. senior to you IF you make it into and then through the academy.[/QUOTE]

Tell me what that means? As some of you mentioned to VZman before... "If you can't take a little criticism you in the wrong field." You don't dish out what you can't eat yourself" My philosophy.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Also, tell me how a recruiter determines what troop you are from by leaving a first name and number?[/QUOTE]

Maybe they went by the area code on the caller ID.
                              Last edited by willeck; 06-26-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by willeck View Post
                                Also, tell me how a recruiter determines what troop you are from by leaving a first name and number?
                                Telephone numbers do have "area" codes, which pertain to a certain "area". Last time I checked NY did have a few different area codes. I don't know, maybe VZMan can help with this, he seems to be the telephone expert.[/QUOTE]

I see what you saying, but I know many people like myself who use cell phones that have area codes not of the area they reside in. This is common today with the overcrowding of air space and service providers that are in a different state. Most people in LE today are aware of this fact.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9051 users online. 361 members and 8690 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X