300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
    I'm curious to that as well. I would assume with so many questions being similar, they would be looking for some kind of pattern? Maybe if you answered the same for the question that was worded in different ways it detects that and gives you more points?

I know I was very honest on the life experience questions. I was planning on them reviewing the test and questioning you on every answer in the interview process and I'd hate to have to explain how I think I never break laws whenever I am driving or have I ever lied to my boss...of course we all have!
    Its general opinion that these tests are computated by an outside 3rd party agency and the questions are used to generate a "grade" and nothing else. I haven't seen anywhere where they send your test to the agency and q/a you on your test during the bi.

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
      Its general opinion that these tests are computated by an outside 3rd party agency and the questions are used to generate a "grade" and nothing else. I haven't seen anywhere where they send your test to the agency and q/a you on your test during the bi.
      That would make sense.
      Last edited by UggyPreston; 02-10-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• so scores are we going to be posted this month ?

Comment

• Yes Paul the website says this month but knowing civil service Itll be February 28th

Comment

• I was told mid February by one of the recruiters

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomita2127 View Post
              Does anyone know the grading system for the psych part? Is it a consistency check or is it a certain amount of point alotted for certain answers
              Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
              I'm curious to that as well. I would assume with so many questions being similar, they would be looking for some kind of pattern? Maybe if you answered the same for the question that was worded in different ways it detects that and gives you more points?

I know I was very honest on the life experience questions. I was planning on them reviewing the test and questioning you on every answer in the interview process and I'd hate to have to explain how I think I never break laws whenever I am driving or have I ever lied to my boss...of course we all have!
              Originally posted by e82///m View Post
              Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
              That would make sense. Then I guess we could have lied all we want. They can't stump you if the NYSP didn't even know what the question and answers were. But I guess that's what the Poly and Background Investigation is for.
              Your conversation is dangerously close to what some members might consider cheating or attempting to cheat.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• A I was just curious the format and you've overlooked one small detail we've already taken the exam...

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomita2127 View Post
                  A I was just curious the format and you've overlooked one small detail we've already taken the exam...
                  Are you honestly going to speak to a sworn law enforcement officer (especially someone who works for an agency that you desire to) like that? If so, you have a lot to learn. I hope your BI finds that post someday.

Comment

• Solomita, you're right you have already taken it, but this forum isn't going anywhere and it will be here in 4 years when the next batch take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackson5 View Post
                      A I was just curious the format and you've overlooked one small detail we've already taken the exam...
                      Being curious is one thing. Conspiring with others, attempting to gather information, and then making such information public knowledge; I consider that cheating.

I didn't overlook anything. I know you took the exam, I served as a proctor for one of them. And I made it my business to ensure that everyone played by the rules.

My previous post was a friendly reminder to an applicant. If you choose to question my advice, so be it. But keep your fingers crossed I'm not your background investigator, academy training officer, or FTO. I guess that's only if you make it that far.
                      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• In case some candidates haven't realized it yet, background investigators do know about this site and specifically this thread so I would be careful and post things accordingly.

And if you do manage to make it into the Academy, ATOs and NCOs up there know about this thread too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackson5 View Post
                          As said "curious" is fine. However when someone starts saying things like "we could have lied all we want" that obviously sends the wrong message.

Noone should ever be lying, definitely not candidate and even more so especially not to an investigator. That's a quick way to get your butt kicked out the door. Everyone should all strive to be individuals of honesty and integrity whether you desire to make it onto the job somewhere or not.

Comment

• 10characters
                            Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• When you visit the NYSP site you need to login, like you were updating your contact info. Plenty of people said that in this thread friend.

Comment

• 10characters
                                Last edited by boredlimodriver; 06-23-2015, 04:20 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11947 users online. 453 members and 11494 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X