Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I took the FDNY test, they told me that it depends on the individual's ssn. Not sure if this was true for the FDNY and I am also not sure if thats how it works with the NYSP.

Comment

• They rank you by 6th number of you SSN. So the first number in your last 4. Mines a 1. So 0's are in front of me and anyone 2 - 9 would be behind me. Then it will go to my 7th and possibly 8th number for a tiebreaker

Comment

• I have a vision question, when you guys went in for your medical examination what did they use for the eye portion, was it just a regular paper E-chart or a Super duper fancy machine?

Originally posted by Natedog36 View Post
        They rank you by 6th number of you SSN. So the first number in your last 4. Mines a 1. So 0's are in front of me and anyone 2 - 9 would be behind me. Then it will go to my 7th and possibly 8th number for a tiebreaker
        Guess I am lucky mine is a 0.
        Last edited by Striker Eureka; 02-04-2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• Is everyone checking the Trooper site religiously?

Comment

• Absolutely
            Tests taken:
            Erie County Sheriff
            Erie County Police
            Catt County Sheriff
            Catt County Police
            NYS Park Patrol Officer Trainee
            score:85 rank:7xx
            NYS Correction Officer score:80 rank:26xx
            NYS Police score:97.xx rank:64xx
            CBP

Comment

• I'd like to assume that they send all the results at once? It'll be torture hearing others getting their results while some wait for the mail man.

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                I'd like to assume that they send all the results at once? It'll be torture hearing others getting their results while some wait for the mail man.

Mail? Aren't the results being provided through the website only?

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
                  Mail? Aren't the results being provided through the website only?
                  Your probably right. NY isn't going to spend .44 cents x 35,000 for a letter to say something that an e-mail can. Hopefully once NYSP is in possession of the candidate list they will begin the process for the next academy class. We all know how slow things work with the state.

Comment

• Just keep checking http://www.nytrooper.com/ every day like I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                      Just keep checking http://www.nytrooper.com/ every day like I have.
                      Or lurk until you post "Hey grades are out I got a 99.XXX!"

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
                        Or lurk until you post "Hey grades are out I got a 99.XXX!"

Oh god now I am worried I got a 70. This was my first time taking a civil service exam, I know for sure I aced the critical thinking part, but the personal experience and the other one, that could go either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                          Oh god now I am worried I got a 70. This was my first time taking a civil service exam, I know for sure I aced the critical thinking part, but the personal experience and the other one, that could go either way.
                          With my luck I'll get a 99.99999.....and so will 15,0000 other people! Imagine that! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by UggyPreston View Post
                            With my luck I'll get a 99.99999.....and so will 15,0000 other people! Imagine that! lol
                            Isn't there a scene like that in Bruce Almighty where everyone wins the lotto jackpot and the split is $7 or something? hah
                            Last edited by e82///m; 02-09-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know the grading system for the psych part? Is it a consistency check or is it a certain amount of point alotted for certain answers

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomita2127 View Post
                                Does anyone know the grading system for the psych part? Is it a consistency check or is it a certain amount of point alotted for certain answers
                                I'm curious to that as well. I would assume with so many questions being similar, they would be looking for some kind of pattern? Maybe if you answered the same for the question that was worded in different ways it detects that and gives you more points?
                                Last edited by UggyPreston; 02-10-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7642 users online. 409 members and 7233 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X