Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That'd be ideal. Are the numbers for the troopers exams usually as high as they were this past October? 30000 people taking the exam will make for some lengthy bands
    Last edited by ublacrosse; 01-17-2014, 01:50 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ublacrosse View Post
      That'd be ideal. Are the numbers for the troopers exams usually as high as they were this past October? 30000 people taking the exam will make for some lengthy bands
      A lot of people fail the test, so you could probably cut that number down to maybe 20k. If not less.
      Last edited by Striker Eureka; 01-17-2014, 02:37 PM.

      Comment


      • I got my letter today. Looks like they're not going to give us a shot at the summer academy. At least that's what my letter says. Very disheartening. Now I'm going to hope for the Erie County sheriffs. Good luck to all of you waiting for your test results from the last exam

        Comment


        • Mgunther756 I got my letter today as well saying the same thing..I took the test in the fall luckily. Can't believe ill have to go through the whole thing all over! Oh well

          Comment


          • I wish you the best man ,good luck! I was unfortunately too old to take it this past fall. This is the second time I got skunked. Last year I was fully processed by the DEC and it was the same thing. I don't know if I could go through this whole process again. I caughed up a lot of cash for this processing. Between hotels, gas, finger prints etc. it's crazy!

            Comment


            • Good luck to you too man. You were Fully processed and didn't reach your rank for DEC? It seems like you need good luck on your side even if you pass all the steps with these jobs unless you score 100. Definitely taking time off our lives from stress of these hiring processes haha

              Comment


              • Is there any word on how large the summer class will be?

                Comment


                • I have a question for the guys on the job now. While in the academy were you aware of anyone having diabetes? I was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 3 weeks ago and would hate for this to ruin my chances of becoming a nyst. I know i can be cleared by a doctor for the academy but i want to know the realistic chances of me getting an acceptance letter.

                  Comment


                  • My class had a recruit with an insulin pump. He trained just as hard as everyone else and you would never have guessed he was diabetic. If your condition is able to be well controlled I wouldn't be overly concerned.

                    Originally posted by xaviergibbs88 View Post
                    I have a question for the guys on the job now. While in the academy were you aware of anyone having diabetes? I was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 3 weeks ago and would hate for this to ruin my chances of becoming a nyst. I know i can be cleared by a doctor for the academy but i want to know the realistic chances of me getting an acceptance letter.

                    Comment


                    • Thank you this just made me feel better

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by UpNorth3816 View Post
                        My class had a recruit with an insulin pump. He trained just as hard as everyone else and you would never have guessed he was diabetic. If your condition is able to be well controlled I wouldn't be overly concerned.
                        He was also my 2 shift partner for 3 years, and a damn good one at that.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

                        Comment


                        • Does anybody have the member processing number? If so can you please post or PM to me thank you.
                          Last edited by MGunther756; 01-22-2014, 10:41 PM.

                          Comment


                          • I was at the SP Academy one day last week. I think it was week 2 for the current class. They sure seemed to be enjoying the academy.
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              I was at the SP Academy one day last week. I think it was week 2 for the current class. They sure seemed to be enjoying the academy.
                              They should be, they were the select few to be accepted.

                              Comment


                              • Does anyone know how they place people who have scored the same grade? With 35,000+ people taking the exam, it is inevitable that I score the same exact points as someone else. In this case, how do they place the candidates? If 400 people have the same score, what makes the differ in their placement on the list?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8103 users online. 227 members and 7876 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X