300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gitrdone View Post
    Yes Report day is January 12...i feel the same- i could honestly care less if i have 2 hours notice before needing to be there ..but knowing others that got notified is odd - both people that got accepted and denied... and I hate to think it'd be a problem with the mail considering you have to respond back within a certain amount of time...any feedback !?
    Don't you mean, you could not care less. Sorry but its my pet peeve. I know its very difficult to contact the hundreds of people they have on the list, but in the new age of technology, simple email would be faster. All you have to do is compile a list of candidates and check them off, and click send.

Comment

• Spoke to member hiring. I guess they didn't reach my rank? And said "you will be getting a letter with the status of your application"..not sure what that means considering they said this was the last hiring round from 2008 exam.

Comment

• Just curious what was your rank?

Comment

• Can't remember exactly. Scored 85.6 or somewhere around there

Comment

• Yeah I'm around there too... Did they give any indication on when they are mailing them out? Thanks for the info

Comment

• Didn't say when. ..just that it will say the status of application. I don't know if they're still terminating 2008 exam or maybe use us one last time or start all over

Comment

Didn't say when. ..just that it will say the status of application. I don't know if they're still terminating 2008 exam or maybe use us one last time or start all over
                Jan class is the last to use 2008 test. Summer class is going to be all 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Striker Eureka View Post
                  Jan class is the last to use 2008 test. Summer class is going to be all 2013.
                  I spoke to member hiring this morning and asked a few questions to clear some of this up. I also haven't received a letter or phone a call with any notification of my status. Member hiring said that all invites have been sent, all backfills have been notified, and if you haven't been contacted your rank has not been reached. They will not be sending us letters until after this academy begins. The catch is that they have not made a final decision whether those who have been fully processed with a rank that was not reached will be used for the next academy. This came straight from member hiring. So basically if you haven't been contacted you have no chance for this academy but a small chance you might be used for the next one. Don't expect a letter for at least another week.
                  Last edited by Hopeful99; 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the info its helpful. Sucks we got this far, not disqualified, and not getting in. Hope for summer

Comment

• I'm in the same boat as you guys. I can't think of the word, but it is very disheartening and confusing that we received letters at the medical that we would be notified either way within two weeks and a month later still no correspondence. This is very disappointing. Pun Intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful99 View Post
                        I spoke to member hiring this morning and asked a few questions to clear some of this up. I also haven't received a letter or phone a call with any notification of my status. Member hiring said that all invites have been sent, all backfills have been notified, and if you haven't been contacted your rank has not been reached. They will not be sending us letters until after this academy begins. The catch is that they have not made a final decision whether those who have been fully processed with a rank that was not reached will be used for the next academy. This came straight from member hiring. So basically if you haven't been contacted you have no chance for this academy but a small chance you might be used for the next one. Don't expect a letter for at least another week.
                        Thanks for getting a clearer answer on the situation. I guess as long as we passed all of the steps it would make sense for them to give us a shot. The state paid investigators countless hours to investigate every aspect of our lives. If we do get a shot at the next class we will have more time to get into prime physical shape ... I've been stuck to mostly indoor workouts with all this snow in WNY ...just trying to be positive.

Comment

• Common sense would say to put us in the next class since the money was already invested into us since September...but some things are going to be unexplained i guess. having more time to workout and prepare is a plus..and mgunther i hear you on indoor workouts-im lucky enough to have a facility to run inside and not a treadmill...not to mention we won't have to go through all the pt In a winter academy.

Comment

Common sense would say to put us in the next class since the money was already invested into us since September...but some things are going to be unexplained i guess. having more time to workout and prepare is a plus..and mgunther i hear you on indoor workouts-im lucky enough to have a facility to run inside and not a treadmill...not to mention we won't have to go through all the pt In a winter academy.
                            Is everyone here who hasn't received a letter or a call from the lower state bc I am in queens.. I am in the same boat as you guys

Comment

• I'm from the Buffalo area

Comment

• I'm from central ny

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7697 users online. 404 members and 7293 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X