• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it will have a bow on it

Comment

• Originally posted by gitrdone View Post
      Maybe it will have a bow on it
      Still waiting...hopefully before the new year.

Comment

• Same here...hope so. Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

• Anyone get anything in mail yet ?

Comment

• Still waiting...my guess is that we are back fills

Comment

• Is there any kind of notification of being a backfill or is it just 24 hour notice type of thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by gitrdone View Post
                Is there any kind of notification of being a backfill or is it just 24 hour notice type of thing?
                It is my understanding that, if you are on the backfill you will receive a phone call stating that you are X out of X on the list.

Comment

• I found some info on backfills earlier in this forum. Let me know when you get a call and/or get mail... And I'll do the same Hopefully soon

Comment

• Ok sounds good will do

Comment

• What you guys are going through is a perfect example of what I hated about the whole process. I feel like there are way too many departments, and each of them are disorganized, and none of them interact with each other. I must have sent in my paperwork and medical info 3-4 times (to each department) before they actually got my stuff correct. I would mail or fax in all of my work, with verification, and then a couple weeks later get phone calls saying "You are in jeopardy of being disqualified because you failed to send in your info."
                      Also, I think it's arrogant and apathetic the way they give people two weeks notice. In your guys case, you still don't even know and I believe the academy starts tomorrow? When you mention this, all they ever say is, "If you want this job bad enough, yada yada yada." They forget (or just don't care) that some people actually have good jobs, and its rude to just drop an employer on such short notice. Not only does it burn bridges, but it puts a bad taste in peoples mouth. What if for some reason the academy didn't work out for that person, well, now their previous employer would never take them back because of the way the employee dropped them.
                      That's all I'll say, I just wish they had a way to make the process smoother, and less disorganized. I do realize there is a lot that goes into the process, and so many candidates, its just unfortunate that as a "candidate," they treat you like some little kid, and always blame you for their own faults. Best of luck guys. Hope you get a last minute call to Albany.

Comment

• So a friend of mine went to a meeting with local recruiter tonight for family and individually spoke of the situation ..they said to call member hiring Monday as we should have gotten something either way by now.

Comment

• I believe we still have 1 full week until the start. Is there anyone on this forum that has been in a similar situation in the past? I would think that we would have to be getting a call very soon, at least to say "you are the x alternate on the backfill list". I just want to receive confirmation that I am indeed a possible alternate. I'm sure we are not being forgotton...I just hope it's not a case that the mail man screwed up.

Comment

• Yes Report day is January 12...i feel the same- i could honestly care less if i have 2 hours notice before needing to be there ..but knowing others that got notified is odd - both people that got accepted and denied... and I hate to think it'd be a problem with the mail considering you have to respond back within a certain amount of time...any feedback !?

Comment

• To my knowledge there has not yet been anyone confirmed as a backfill In that case we are all waiting...if anyone has received a call that they are on the backfill list please let us know

Comment

• Yes Report day is January 12...i feel the same- i could honestly care less if i have 2 hours notice before needing to be there ..but knowing others that got notified is odd - both people that got accepted and denied... and I hate to think it'd be a problem with the mail considering you have to respond back within a certain amount of time...any feedback !?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9591 users online. 490 members and 9101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X