300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
    Congratulations to all of the recent graduates. I've had a chance to meet several of you as I make my way around Troop.

Congratulations are also in order for the people on here that received their letters recently. Everyone on here has already gone out of their way to be prepared... continue that throughout your careers.
    Thank you, Sir. It’s an honor to have this opportunity.

Comment

• Who knows. I know 2 people from my area that got theirs...one got accepted one declined

Comment

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post
        Hi Kwol,

Just for my own curiosity, how do you plan on making a 6 hour trip each day? That was something I was thinking about. I am from Rockland county and was curious what most people do. Sell their house and move? Rent it out and move? Or make the trip?
        It's only 4 sleeps every 2 weeks. A cheap motel/hotel will work for that. I saw the question a while back, but no response. Do trooper barracks have sleeping quarters, would save some $$$, there.
        Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
        Tonawanda Police
        Erie County Sheriff
        Erie County Police

Comment

• We will get a letter sooner or later...who knows, they may offer spots in the next academy(202nd), given that you meet all of the requirements. I still have the noticed that I recieved on Dec. 7th it states "All candidates processed today may not be appointed to the next academy class or any future class" So the fact that they are mention future classes...its possible.
          Also I wonder if everybody who recieved a letter earlier this week was from the March processing? Has anyone from the September processing recieved anything in the mail?
          Last edited by MGunther756; 12-19-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwol View Post
            It's only 4 sleeps every 2 weeks. A cheap motel/hotel will work for that. I saw the question a while back, but no response. Do trooper barracks have sleeping quarters, would save some $$$, there.
            I was told by my BI that some of the barraks do have sleeping quarters...just depends on where you get stationed.

Comment

Many do, but some don't. There are varying levels of comfort... you could end up with a dank basement and a cot and roommate or a whole room to yourself with a nice bed. If your station does not have a place to sleep, one in the area usually does have something. I rented a house one year and slept in a basement another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                Many do, but some don't. There are varying levels of comfort... you could end up with a dank basement and a cot and roommate or a whole room to yourself with a nice bed. If your station does not have a place to sleep, one in the area usually does have something. I rented a house one year and slept in a basement another year.
                As long as there is something, I'm fine with that. ~12 hours between shifts, by the time you eat, sleep, unwind, etc, a cot in a dank basement would work fine for me, I'm frugal.
                Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
                Tonawanda Police
                Erie County Sheriff
                Erie County Police

Comment

• Mgunther- I'm sure its from both processings. The one that got accepted that I know was at both

Comment

• @ MGunther756 - I'm from the September processing and I received mine earlier this week. Good luck to you and others that are awaiting...
                    Last edited by PAPrincien; 12-19-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JayDog View Post
                      Gentleman,

Just to clarify my thread above, I'm not asking about my chances of being in Troop A or saying I would need to be placed there upon graduation. If I'm fortunate enough to be accepted and make it through the academy, I understand I would be placed where they need me. I was looking for any information as to why nothing is ever mentioned of recruits, or veteran officers, going to Troop A. From the time I've read posts on this thread, also including the link Jaguar posted, nobody has ever mentioned anything about Troop A. I'm just trying to find out why it is never offered for anybody. Why do so many Troopers want to be in A? That's all I'm asking. Hope that clears it up so you guys don't continue to get all amped up over it.
                      I hope this clears it up for placement:

The first rule of placement is nobody knows exactly what will happen. Our Academy SGTs were even surprised what was open when we got our placement. A gazillion things get set into motion before recruits are placed to Troops upon graduation. Basically, people get promotions, accept/decline them, others get transfers approved, then other transfers go in based on those transfers, etc, etc. It's a giant MLB/NFL scheduling jigsaw puzzle. And this should be obvious, but recruits are on the bottom of the totem pole.

Troop A, L, NYC, and usually G & T are completely closed to recruits. I have no idea why, but the Buffalo region loves being troopers so people from that area tend to apply, get in, and then stick to Buffalo. It's so popular that the adjacent Troop E is usually in pretty high demand as well. I had a bunch of roommates from Troop A and only one got as close as E. The others were way far across the state. L is forever closed as many people from the Island want to get back there. The backlog to L is so great that lower Troop K is jammed full of people from LI.

The reality is Troop A people try to get to E, Troop L people try to get to K, and Troop G people try to get to upper K or lower B. (Though my class had G open up for the first time in ages)

The last few classes have implemented placement based on merit to get you motivated. So the higher your exam average, the better chance you get placed in your first choice. Keep in mind the closed Troops will still be closed.

Honestly there were very few whiners about placement in the Academy. It's so grueling that if you really had doubts about moving around the state, you'll probably just give up.

I hope I cleared it up enough. Many people on this board are tired of rehashing the whole placement thing. If you have any further questions just PM me and I'll do my best to help.

Comment

Okay. Thanks. I saw people already answered your question about sleeping quarters. I didn't even think that was a possibility.
                        NYSP
                        Oct 19, 2013
                        Score: 96.XX

Comment

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post
                          Okay. Thanks. I saw people already answered your question about sleeping quarters. I didn't even think that was a possibility.
                          This is post academy correct?

Does the SP have guidelines about how far you are allowed to reside from your troop? In CT most agencies require you to be within 30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
                            Does the SP have guidelines about how far you are allowed to reside from your troop?
                            Not for the rank of Trooper.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
                              been out of the loop for a while. I've caught up on the thread and see that people are already receiving letters!!! Are we talking about the letter to go through the next step (physical agility). I obviously haven't received anything but I checked online and this is what I found after i logged in.

If you took the exam in October, 2013, you can expect your grade during the month of February, 2014. Periodically check NYTrooper.com for grade announcement in February.

What letters are people getting? I'm freaking out!
                              PAPD
                              Tested: 5/18/13
                              Qualified

NYSP
                              Tested: 10/13
                              List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                              Tested: 11/16/13
                              Eligible

PWCPD
                              Tested: 2/3/14
                              PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                              Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                              Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• and you took the test in 2008? ... this gives hope because I don't know what to expect when it comes to my score since it was one of the first LE tests I took.
                                Originally posted by LIKA View Post
                                I think 85. Something
                                PAPD
                                Tested: 5/18/13
                                Qualified

NYSP
                                Tested: 10/13
                                List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                                Tested: 11/16/13
                                Eligible

PWCPD
                                Tested: 2/3/14
                                PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                                Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                                Test: 4/26/14

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9944 users online. 386 members and 9558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X