Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Trooper David W. Cunniff...

Comment

• Been reading this thread for a long time, happy to confirm that I was also accepted to the 201st academy letter received yesterday. Been a dream for years and looking forward to a great career. For those Trprs that have been messaging for years I want to thank you all for giving great advice and know that it does not go on deaf ears. For those in process, know that this does not come easy, as should nothing with such honor. As others have said be honest, and stay the course and you all have a chance. I'm a prime example of having no law enforcement background, nor any political ties to LE and still making it. I wish you all good luck and be safe. RIP Trooper Cuniff

Comment

• People are not even in the academy and wsnt specfic troops already. Troop A has not been offered ro recruit in 18 years. Thereis akist to gt to A . When i startet i live in buffalo and got shipped to B troop. It took 4 yrs to get back and that is quick. Everyone in my class got b f or k and thats it.

Comment

• There hasn't been any hiring in the L Troop?

Comment

• You guys haven't even set foot in the Academy yet and are worried about where they will place you? Worry about making it through the next 6 months first. Even then, they will put you where they see fit. Feel lucky and proud that you may be a Trooper some day. Don't worry where they will put you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNY24 View Post
              There hasn't been any hiring in the L Troop?
              We don't hire people to work in a specific geographic area. If you accept the job, you accept a position anywhere in the state.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Gentleman,

Just to clarify my thread above, I'm not asking about my chances of being in Troop A or saying I would need to be placed there upon graduation. If I'm fortunate enough to be accepted and make it through the academy, I understand I would be placed where they need me. I was looking for any information as to why nothing is ever mentioned of recruits, or veteran officers, going to Troop A. From the time I've read posts on this thread, also including the link Jaguar posted, nobody has ever mentioned anything about Troop A. I'm just trying to find out why it is never offered for anybody. Why do so many Troopers want to be in A? That's all I'm asking. Hope that clears it up so you guys don't continue to get all amped up over it.

Comment

• I live about 30 miles south of Buffalo and I have not yet recieved my letter. I was in attendance at the December 7th medical exam.

Comment

• Congratulations to all of the recent graduates. I've had a chance to meet several of you as I make my way around Troop.

Congratulations are also in order for the people on here that received their letters recently. Everyone on here has already gone out of their way to be prepared... continue that throughout your careers.

Comment

• I can see the reasoning for asking about where you would be most likely to be stationed, but I can also see how it can get a bit repetitive. Some people have other attachment levels to wherever home is. If you just don't want to leave the comfort of your mom's basement, get over yourself. There are some who own a home, don't want to uproot families, and/or other commitments. We should all keep in mind that academy is a beginning point and not an end point. People want to know where that beginning will start. It's a large time/money investment to really get into the process and find out that your current home commitments are too great. I'm in the boat where moving is not going to happen, but I know I can make a 6 hour commute work. I thank those who are providing the info so that we can make an informed decision, but I also encourage people to read forums going back to when some of these seasoned troopers were just starting the process, as well, you never know what may help you in the process.
                      Obligatory test records

NYSP 90-21xxx
                      Tonawanda Police
                      Erie County Sheriff
                      Erie County Police

Comment

• Hi Kwol,

Just for my own curiosity, how do you plan on making a 6 hour trip each day? That was something I was thinking about. I am from Rockland county and was curious what most people do. Sell their house and move? Rent it out and move? Or make the trip?
                        NYSP
                        Oct 19, 2013
                        Score: 96.XX

Comment

• I've been following this forum just recently and registered last night. I received the offer packet on Monday and I submitted my resignation letter to my employer yesterday (wasn't easy).

I live in Westchester County and hope to meet some folks in my area that are willing to carpool to and from Albany.
                          Last edited by PAPrincien; 12-23-2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Still no packet...anyone know if I still have a shot?

Comment

• I'm still waiting too. I'm sure they did not decide on the whole January class in 1 day.

Comment

• I met a guy from the 200th class that just graduated it took him two weeks to get his letter

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10773 users online. 381 members and 10392 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X