300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post
    Hey Everyone, I took my NYSP exam this past weekend at the Farmingdale testing site. Hopefully scored well. This was my first LE exam. Can anyone provide some insight as to what to expect next as far as ranking/scoring and the next steps of the process? Will we be emailed our rank and score or do we log into the NYSP site? Will we be provided with not only our rank, but where we stand on the list in comparisons to others?

Any info would be beneficial; as I said first time going through this process.

Thanks.
    I'm not sure what you're asking by "where you stand". After several months you will get your grade and list #. That list # IS where you stand against other candidates and will dictate how soon or not you will get called for then physical etc. That is typically the next step if I recall. Anyone please feel free to add if you are more familiar with the rest of the process. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
      I'm not sure what you're asking by "where you stand". After several months you will get your grade and list #. That list # IS where you stand against other candidates and will dictate how soon or not you will get called for then physical etc. That is typically the next step if I recall. Anyone please feel free to add if you are more familiar with the rest of the process. Good luck!
      Thanks e82. That's pretty much what I wanted to know. The "Where you stand" was meant to ask how you compare to other candidates on the list. But I guess once you receive your rank, you know what number you are and can have an idea how far up or down the list you are?
      NYSP
      Oct 19, 2013
      Score: 96.XX

Comment

Thanks e82. That's pretty much what I wanted to know. The "Where you stand" was meant to ask how you compare to other candidates on the list. But I guess once you receive your rank, you know what number you are and can have an idea how far up or down the list you are?
        If you scored under an 85 you pretty much failed. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
          In other words CPA at that point don't expect to get called up lol

Comment

That isn't a true failing score, just that many others out scored you and you have no shot at getting called right?
            I hope I didn't score that low. If I scored that low, I wouldn't expect to get the job anyways.

No one really knows how the second two sections will be counted towards the score right? I saw someone posted it's a point system, but is that confirmed or just a guess?
            NYSP
            Oct 19, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
              In other words CPA at that point don't expect to get called up lol
              lol yea, I got that part. Hopefully scored well. Nothing we can do now but wait and hope for the best.

I sent you a private message e82.
              Last edited by CPA SA APP; 10-22-2013, 01:09 PM. Reason: Updated info
              NYSP
              Oct 19, 2013

Comment

That isn't a true failing score, just that many others out scored you and you have no shot at getting called right?
                I hope I didn't score that low. If I scored that low, I wouldn't expect to get the job anyways.

No one really knows how the second two sections will be counted towards the score right? I saw someone posted it's a point system, but is that confirmed or just a guess?
                The point system was a guess that I thought could be a logical way to grade it fairly, NOT AN OFFICIAL WAY.

Comment

• i don't know how official this is, but the officer at my review session said that it breaks down like this:

Section 1 - Cognitive - 48 questions = 48 points on the exam.
                  Section 2 & 3 together make up the other 52 points, and those two sections are scored by being "compared to the ideal police officer."
                  Whatever that means

Comment

• Originally posted by thevanburenboys View Post
                    i don't know how official this is, but the officer at my review session said that it breaks down like this:

Section 2 & 3 together make up the other 52 points, and those two sections are scored by being "compared to the ideal police officer."
                    Whatever that means
                    I obviously can't speak to the numbers but the reasoning behind them makes sense. I'd believe it

Comment

• Originally posted by thevanburenboys View Post
                      Whatever that means
                      Instead of "the ideal police officer" they wanted to use my actual name. Modesty made me decline the offer.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                        Instead of "the ideal police officer" they wanted to use my actual name. Modesty made me decline the offer.
                        I hope at a minimum you're collecting royalties on that lol.

Comment

I can. I drive the exact speed limit, turn signal every lane change and turn, follow the signs... it's not that hard.
                          Not hard... It's impossible. You slow down to 25 mph for ramps? you never go to areas you don't know and have the speed limit drop down from a 45 to a 35? How about not stopping fully at a stop sign because you don't want to get your car stuck in snow or always coming to a COMPLETE stop? never been late to work and went a little over the speed limit? Also, didn't everyone sign an agreement not to discuss any questions on the examinations? or am i wrong on that?

Comment

Not true. People have gotten on with lower scores. My friends dad scored an 80 and is now a trooper. SO many people fail out for whatever reason, so they end up getting pretty far down the list. Last test they went through almost 10,000 candidates.

Comment

• Deleted, for the sake of the beaten dead horse..

Comment

Where did you come up with this number? Some of the best troopers out there scored below an 85, they just waited a little longer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7503 users online. 406 members and 7097 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X