300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
    I drove home from that test on the LIE looking at all the vehicles around me and saying to myslef "there is not a single person on here that could answer "Never/ 0 times"". lol
    I can. I drive the exact speed limit, turn signal every lane change and turn, follow the signs... it's not that hard.

Comment

• I commute 70+ miles a day and drive throughout NYC on a daily basis so eventhough I try to follow all the rules of the road, I am sure sometimes I break them without even knowing it. ... You want to answer the question letting them know you're a responsible driver but if you say 0 that is just unrealistic in my opinion.
      Last edited by emurray906; 10-21-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I put 1-3 times every 6 months or something like that lol. Just being honest.

Comment

• same here, I have never gotten pulled over in my life. The only traffic violation I ever got was for the window tints on my brothers car which was later dropped. That is the only contact I ever had with the police face to face in a problem.

Comment

• Tinted windows isn't a traffic violation. That would fall under equipment violation I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
              same here, I have never gotten pulled over in my life. The only traffic violation I ever got was for the window tints on my brothers car which was later dropped. That is the only contact I ever had with the police face to face in a problem.
              That is impressive, I wish I could say the same. I've been pulled over twice for speeding. Both times I didn't even realize I was speeding until I saw the trooper car and checked my speed. However, both times were years ago and ever since I have been pursuing a career in law enforcement I've been even more careful with my speed. Quite an accomplishment if you look at the mileage I do and the car/ motorcycle I own.
              Last edited by emurray906; 10-21-2013, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• Yeah I agree Murray. I too, have been caught speeding twice. Both have been reduced in court. Also, twice for equipment violation, "dirty license plate."

I too drive about 25/30k mi a year and try my best to drive within the law. It's tough.

I hope they're not looking for saints. Although I have a good job in a construction union, I would kill for this job.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                  I can. I drive the exact speed limit, turn signal every lane change and turn, follow the signs... it's not that hard.
                  you've never even gone 1mph over the limit? good for you! I was commenting on my observation of other drivers, was an interesting thought to say the least.

Comment

• whats the timetable of this past test....towards the academy....any idea? the test that was just a few weeks ago...

Comment

• G
                      Originally posted by XNavyVET27 View Post
                      whats the timetable of this past test....towards the academy....any idea? the test that was just a few weeks ago...
                      Not positive but I thought someone said they will be using this list for an academy this June? Can anyone confirm?

Try to conquer the process step by step. To make it into the academy you need to be able to pass every step beforehand. If you are lucky enough to earn a spot it will be worth the wait.

On the bright side, I have been in multiple processes for over two years. A long time right? It feels like yesterday standing in line while everyone was getting screamed at down in sea girt NJ for the NJSP physical.

Comment

• Emurray: is Orange and Newburgh tests closed for Nov?

Comment

• Originally posted by XNavyVET27 View Post
                          Emurray: is Orange and Newburgh tests closed for Nov?
                          Yes, they were only open for about a month. Sorry man...

Comment

• You should not be discussing questions from the exam on here, or anywhere. Not a trooper just thought I would mention that.

Comment

• Originally posted by chevy88 View Post
                              You should not be discussing questions from the exam on here, or anywhere. Not a trooper just thought I would mention that.
                              Thank you. That is a valid point for sure.

Comment

• Hey Everyone, I took my NYSP exam this past weekend at the Farmingdale testing site. Hopefully scored well. This was my first LE exam. Can anyone provide some insight as to what to expect next as far as ranking/scoring and the next steps of the process? Will we be emailed our rank and score or do we log into the NYSP site? Will we be provided with not only our rank, but where we stand on the list in comparisons to others?

Any info would be beneficial; as I said first time going through this process.

Thanks.
                                NYSP
                                Oct 19, 2013
                                Score: 96.XX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11588 users online. 421 members and 11167 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X