300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
    Same here. Only about 30 mins away from me, may even ride the motorcycle there weather permitting

About to review mine too (finally got home from work) The PID section is always half a crapshoot. Just have to give it your best shot! Remember, you love your family!
    What'd you think of the test? I thought the first part wasn't that bad, only about 3 questions that stumbled me. The questionnaires still worry me how those are graded. Where were you seated in the Cafe?? I was on the left side once you walk in by the windows.

Comment

• I took test stumbled on 3 of them thats it..some were a little tricky if you didnt read it right it will get you!

Comment

• This was the strangest entry level pd test I have ever taken. Felt like I was taking a psych exam. I am also curious as to how they grade that part. I thought the procedural part of the test was pretty easy, I only had to skip one question and then go back and re-read it before I answered.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
          What'd you think of the test? I thought the first part wasn't that bad, only about 3 questions that stumbled me. The questionnaires still worry me how those are graded. Where were you seated in the Cafe?? I was on the left side once you walk in by the windows.
          The procedural part didn't bother me, maybe none question I had to read thoroughly. Thought it was easy. The rest of the rest just drags. Just have to get it done and hope your answers fit into the profile they want.

You were at a different test site no??

Oakley what other tests have you taken? Most of the ones I've taken have had healthy psych sections. That's why its so important to ace the procedural questions, you have all the info in front of you to do so.

Comment

The procedural part didn't bother me, maybe none question I had to read thoroughly. Thought it was easy. The rest of the rest just drags. Just have to get it done and hope your answers fit into the profile they want.

You were at a different test site no??

Oakley what other tests have you taken? Most of the ones I've taken have had healthy psych sections. That's why its so important to ace the procedural questions, you have all the info in front of you to do so.
            Westchester County, New Rochelle, State Park Police, Port Authority, Putnam County Dutchess County, Newburgh, Onondaga County, SUNY Police, NYPD...None of them had psych questions like this test

Comment

• i tried to answer as honestly as possible

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                i tried to answer as honestly as possible
                So did I, I just hope it fits what they're looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by oakley150 View Post
                  Westchester County, New Rochelle, State Park Police, Port Authority, Putnam County Dutchess County, Newburgh, Onondaga County, SUNY Police, NYPD...None of them had psych questions like this test
                  True I also have taken PA and NYPD. Good to know abt DUNY as I'll be taking that next month.

Suffolk and Nassau have had those heavy PID sections for a while.

On a side note did anyone else have hard *** instructors at your site tearing into people about forming a line prior to going in? Lol they seemed to be enjoying themselves

Comment

True I also have taken PA and NYPD. Good to know abt DUNY as I'll be taking that next month.

Suffolk and Nassau have had those heavy PID sections for a while.

On a side note did anyone else have hard *** instructors at your site tearing into people about forming a line prior to going in? Lol they seemed to be enjoying themselves
                    LOL the guy at Pine Bush was pretty hardcore.

I thought i'd join in i've taken: Dutchess County, Putnam County, NYPD, NYSP, Westchester Corrections, Suffolk, Suffolk Corrections, Sullivan County, City of Newburgh(next month),City of Rochester(next month),SUNY Police(next month), Orange County(Next Month), City of Oswego(next month), Monroe County( next month), City of Buffalo, Connecticut State Police, Hartford, Baltimore, Maryland State Police, Ulster County, Rome, PAPD, and a bunch more LOL.

Comment

• No dice yet? How were your scores?

Comment

• I had a pretty funny LT. proctoring at my testing site at Pine Bush. He was pretty professional, but also joked around with the applicants to make them feel more comfortable. But you could tell there was a line that you didn't cross with him lol. Hope I scored well!

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                          LOL the guy at Pine Bush was pretty hardcore.

I thought i'd join in i've taken: Dutchess County, Putnam County, NYPD, NYSP, Westchester Corrections, Suffolk, Suffolk Corrections, Sullivan County, City of Newburgh(next month),City of Rochester(next month),SUNY Police(next month), Orange County(Next Month), City of Oswego(next month), Monroe County( next month), City of Buffalo, Connecticut State Police, Hartford, Baltimore, Maryland State Police, Ulster County, Rome, PAPD, and a bunch more LOL.
                          Nice. Do you know how often those counties run exams? Although I am cross referencing the SUNY test to Rochester and cant apply for orange/some of the other lower NY counties that have residency requirements (im in suffolk), I was too late to find out some of those like Sullivan, Monroe etc. had filings as well. Would've been easy to cross reference those too. Oh well.

Its challenging to track down all of the agencies with open filings! Too bad there isn't one place that shows all of the active exam announcements (if you know one let me know )

Comment

Nice. Do you know how often those counties run exams? Although I am cross referencing the SUNY test to Rochester and cant apply for orange/some of the other lower NY counties that have residency requirements (im in suffolk), I was too late to find out some of those like Sullivan, Monroe etc. had filings as well. Would've been easy to cross reference those too. Oh well.

Its challenging to track down all of the agencies with open filings! Too bad there isn't one place that shows all of the active exam announcements (if you know one let me know )
                            Most of them run the standard every 4 years gambit, besides NYPD. No, I don't know a site of that nature. I wish one existed, although there is one for CT Police jobs.

Comment

• I wish I knew about Newburgh. It really is difficult tracking down which areas are having tests. I have NH State police in December and Baltimore PD this week. I really have nothing else in NY just because it's so hard to find agencies hiring :/

Comment

• Also Richmond VA. too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6481 users online. 351 members and 6130 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X