300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
    (Note the below is not directed at you but the general population)

Unfortunately "no", because too many times people with a similar sentiment bring them in anyways, left on full volume so that right in the middle of the test we get to listen to your latest Harlem Shake ringtone...

If its off and you don't take it out noone should knownits tbere (YMMV), or just live without the thing for a few hours and leave it in the Car.

More seriously just leave it in the car. Not like you're allowed to check your bookface in the middle of the rest anyways.
    I am asking because I am taking train there since Im sure no parking..

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
      Im asking because I am taking train there since Im sure no parking..

Well that's different Lol. If you make sure its OFF and put it into your pocket before you get there will anyone know you have a phone?

Comment

• no lol, but just wanted to make sure they dont check your pockets..ahh really excited

Comment

What makes this exam different from any other and why would you guys want to dress up for it? I'm not saying to go looking like a slob but there will be no one there judging you for later processing based upon appearance Lol.
          I took an exam for another state police agency where a suite, tie, polished shoes, hair cut and no facial hair was required to take the exam. They reamed into you if you didn't meet all those standards.

I'm under the impression here there is no such standard.

Comment

• @ CPA SA APP

because three are three parts to the exam. The first part is the part you can study for, and it was easy. The second two parts are opinion / experience based, so there is no way to know exactly how they will score it. The whole exam feel easy, because the last two parts (which make up over half of your overall score) are easy to answer, but who know what is right. There are times when the answer you think you should pick and the answer that is the most honest for you are not the same answer.
            I guess with the second and third parts, you can't worry about it. It is what it is and you hope for the best.

Comment

• after taking a number of these test, i can confirm that the 2nd part of the exam is testing for consistency vs inconsistency. The whole "disagree, very disagree, agree, very agree" notion design for the test to asked the same question but differently. They would know if you are answering the question honestly or just base on what you think the agency would like to hear. From there, they would point it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 914fortress View Post
                I took an exam for another state police agency where a suite, tie, polished shoes, hair cut and no fyacial hair was required to take the exam. They reamed into you if you didn't meet all those standards.

I'm under the impression here there is no such standard.

Out of curiosity what agency was that?

Comment

Out of curiosity what agency was that?
                  Rhode Island State Police. I actually liked that process it knocks out and kinda intimidates a lot of clownish people that are not serious. It was my first exam so I thought all exams were like that, boy was I wrong.

Comment

• Yea the RI State police they make people want to cry lol......

Comment

• Rhode Island SP was by far the most unlike all the other tests i've taken and more made me think of what the first day at the academy would be like but I thought it was a great exam experience. Just if the announcement says wear suit do it cause they will reemed you out for not wearing one. But if you unsure about what to wear just contact the recruiter, after all they're there to a answer questions about the process.

Also anybody who isn't driving or can't leave their phone in the car, at my location they asked when you are starting the test that if anyone that still has a phone they will collected it put it in an envelop with your candidate ID# and name then they placed it at the tables so you can grab it on your way out. I would suggest doing that or at least asking cause when I came out of the parking garage troopers there asked if all of us if we left our phones behind then they ask again in the building a few time and say if you are caught/see it in anyway with it it is an instant DQ.

Comment

• Taking my exam tomorrow, very nervous lol. I want to a NYST over any other agency... Hope it's as easy as everyone is saying. Where is everyone going tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                          Taking my exam tomorrow, very nervous lol. I want to a NYST over any other agency... Hope it's as easy as everyone is saying. Where is everyone going tomorrow?
                          I'll be in farmingdale, you?

Just focus on aceing the procedural questions. That's most important part. After that the psyvh questions are a bit of a toss up if you haven't done them before but seeing you took NYPD test you should be fine.

Comment

I'll be in farmingdale, you?

Just focus on aceing the procedural questions. That's most important part. After that the psyvh questions are a bit of a toss up if you haven't done them before but seeing you took NYPD test you should be fine.
                            Going to Pine Bush, according to google maps it's about 1.45- 2 hours from my house... signed up late. HEY! Better than nothing. I've been reviewing all my books, and tutorials. I'm ready, I'm just unsure how they're going to score the psych/personal life experiences. Going to try to get out of my house by 6, get there around 745 - 8ish.

Comment

• Those of you who took the test already was there any heavy math on this or was is the standard NY Police test procedural stuff? Im talking anything worse than decimal multiplication and other than long division. Its been a while lol

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                                Going to Pine Bush, according to google maps it's about 1.45- 2 hours from my house... signed up late. HEY! Better than nothing. I've been reviewing all my books, and tutorials. I'm ready, I'm just unsure how they're going to score the psych/personal life experiences. Going to try to get out of my house by 6, get there around 745 - 8ish.
                                Same here. Only about 30 mins away from me, may even ride the motorcycle there weather permitting

About to review mine too (finally got home from work) The PID section is always half a crapshoot. Just have to give it your best shot! Remember, you love your family!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9438 users online. 478 members and 8960 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X