Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the academy is a long ways away for me but I was wondering, during the week what is the extent of a recruit's contact with the outside world? Are you allowed to have cell phones in the dorm to make calls at night? Are you allowed to bring a labtop and have internet access? I know on the weekends you are free to go so to speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
      Are you allowed to have cell phones in the dorm to make calls at night? Are you allowed to bring a labtop and have internet access?.
      No cell phones and no laptops. It i up at around 5:00am and lights out at 10:00pm. They keep you occupied throughout those times.

We were allowed use cell pones at designated times after a few weeks, but it was limited. I think the cell phone policy has been changing from class to class, but you are not allowed to use them at night in your dorms.
      Last edited by GrayPatriot; 06-10-2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
        No cell phones and no laptops. It i up at around 5:00am and lights out at 10:00pm. They keep you occupied throughout those times.

We were allowed use cell pones at designated times after a few weeks, but it was limited. I think the cell phone policy has been changing from class to class, but you are not allowed to use them at night in your dorms.
        Thanks for the info GrayPatriot. That is what I expected.

Comment

• up at 5??

good, i'll get to start sleeping in!

Comment

• Bring an electric razor and sleep till 5:15 while all your quadmates are up shaving.
            When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• thats pretty strict i duno if i can handle that lol wow thats like 15 hour days cant they allow a little fun? lol

Comment

• I already shave with an electric and it still takes me that long!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranter64 View Post
                  Bring an electric razor and sleep till 5:15 while all your quadmates are up shaving.
                  Shave?

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                    Shave?
                    Oh how I dislike guys who can go 2-3 days without shaving... I was accused more than once of not shaving when I was in the service. Shaving when you get up and then sweating to death at PT is always nice.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• I have to shave at least once a day, sometimes twice if I'm going somewhere at night.

Comment

I have to shave at least once a day, sometimes twice if I'm going somewhere at night.
                        Me too. I call it the italian curse.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                          Me too. I call it the italian curse.
                          Haha, I'm not even Italian though!

Comment

Haha, I'm not even Italian though!
                            You're not one of those cavemen on the Geico commercial, are you?

Not that there's anything wrong with that....I'm just saying....
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                              You're not one of those cavemen on the Geico commercial, are you?

Not that there's anything wrong with that....I'm just saying....
                              LMAO!!!

Nope, just a english/irish/pole!

Comment

• Considering even if I were to pass the remainder of the steps in the processing, I would be borderline for getting into the last academy off the 2004 list.

Would it be advantageous for me to sign up for the ’08 exam sooner rather than later? The recruiter recommended that for those of us already in the process that don’t have an academy invite in our hands by say August, to sign up for the next written exam.

Does your signup date play any role in the ranking process if you were to score the same as some others?
                                Last edited by VZMan; 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4951 users online. 241 members and 4710 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X