300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
    Probably a silly question but, this would only apply to those with whom an individual attended the academy with right? It wouldn't apply to those who are currently in the academy or already on the job but may have had a higher list # than me but didn't have to defer would it?
    I had a feeling someone would ask that, and yes it is a very silly question to say the least.
    Last edited by WishIKnew; 06-05-2007, 11:42 PM. Reason: crappy grammer

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
      I had a feeling someone would ask that, and yes it is a very silly question to say the least.
      Aah look at that it only took me 23, ooh wait 24 now, posts to get my first condescending reply from someone.

Hey guess I’m from the school of thought that its far better to ask questions that some may perceive to be silly, than to make assumptions about a topic I have no knowledge on.

But nonetheless, thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by VZMan; 06-06-2007, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• My appologizies, didn't mean to offend you, but if a comment like that bothers you from someone already on the job, than you may need to thicken your skin a bit for the academy, and even more so when you get to your station. This job is not for the sensitive, but you will learn that within minutes of making that first drive into the academy parking lot.
        Last edited by WishIKnew; 06-06-2007, 10:57 PM. Reason: -

Comment

My appologizies, didn't mean to offend you, but if a comment like that bothers you from someone already on the job, than you may need to thicken your skin a bit for the academy, and even more so when you get to your station. This job is not for the sensitive.
          Trust me, it would take A LOT more than that to offend me. I was just having a little fun with the subject and do believe I’m fairly thick-skinned for the most part.

Life is too short to be taken seriously a majority of the time, especially when its over something petty. No offense taken and no need to apologize.

Comment

• Directed apathy works too
            Know what's worth a damn and what isn't.
            Last edited by GrayState; 06-06-2007, 11:43 PM.

Comment

My appologizies, didn't mean to offend you, but if a comment like that bothers you from someone already on the job, than you may need to thicken your skin a bit for the academy, and even more so when you get to your station. This job is not for the sensitive, but you will learn that within minutes of making that first drive into the academy parking lot.
              I couldn't have said it better myself. Someone in my class walked in, got 'talked to' and turned around and left. There were 2 others who snuck out the back doors before we even formed up in the main lecture hall sunday night.

If you can't take what an internet forum can throw at you... how are you going to handle some moron on the side of the road laying in to you about how you should be arresting real criminals instead of stopping him for 81/55 because you are just a revenue generator for the government.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                how are you going to handle some moron on the side of the road laying in to you about how you should be arresting real criminals instead of stopping him for 81/55 because you are just a revenue generator for the government.
                Sir/ma'am, wait right here and I'll be back. <goes back to car and writes 2 more tickets>.

Comment

I couldn't have said it better myself. Someone in my class walked in, got 'talked to' and turned around and left. There were 2 others who snuck out the back doors before we even formed up in the main lecture hall sunday night.

If you can't take what an internet forum can throw at you... how are you going to handle some moron on the side of the road laying in to you about how you should be arresting real criminals instead of stopping him for 81/55 because you are just a revenue generator for the government.
                  Firstly, let me reiterate the fact that I wasn’t offended by the reply and was just having some fun and being as lighthearted as possible. To me, this wasn’t one of the few instances where it was necessary to get all riled up about what someone else said to me.

Secondly, and not that I’m claiming that the 8.5yrs of daily interaction I have had with the public is comparable to the situations that those of you on the job face but, I do routinely have the “pleasure” of dealing with irate and less than courteous individuals. Guess I look at it as part of the job and usually try to throw in a few yes sir’s and yes ma’am’s, sorry you feel that way but I’m just trying to do my job. Usually happens when individuals are going to be charged for me showing up at their house. Everybody wants something for nothing or feels that the company policies, with regard to fees incurred, shouldn’t apply to their situation. Some of my co-workers ask the individual “hey when was the last time the maytag man showed up and didn’t give you a bill?” So in essence, it would be similar to the individual “laying into you” on the side of the road for a well deserved ticket. Just have to take it with a grain of salt and do what you are there to do and move on to the next call.

Thirdly, anyone who is naïve enough to show up at the doors of the academy thinking its going to be a walk in the park, is definitely in for a surreal experience. Not everyone is strong enough to mentally, or in some cases physically, endure six months of mind games and physical “torture.” Guess that’s what separates those who can cut it in the real world from those who will flop. And on that note, I commend those who have made it through the process.
                  Last edited by VZMan; 06-07-2007, 08:45 PM. Reason: afterthought

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                    Directed apathy works too
                    Know what's worth a damn and what isn't.
                    + 10000000 on that! I’m working on adding that skill to my repertoire.

Comment

• Originally posted by VZMan View Post
                      Aah look at that it only took me 23, ooh wait 24 now, posts to get my first condescending reply from someone.

I'm just impressed that you spelled condescending correctly.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                        Sir/ma'am, wait right here and I'll be back. <goes back to car and writes 2 more tickets>.
                        I've done that once or five times... only done it to truely deserving mopes though so as of yet I have had no calls to the station about dropping too much paper on someone... I sure some day I will get a call about that too.
                        sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I've done that once or five times... only done it to truely deserving mopes though so as of yet I have had no calls to the station about dropping too much paper on someone... I sure some day I will get a call about that too.
                          People don't get too much time from me when they call and make such a complaint about a Troop.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            People don't get too much time from me when they call and make such a complaint about a Troop.
                            Sarge,

Guys like you (and all the Z/SGT's and SGTs I work for) shouldn't reitre and instead head up IAB.

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                            I'm just impressed that you spelled condescending correctly.
                            Got some weed out of a car the other day and asked a female passenger if she had any illegal substances or weapons concealed on her person... she looked at me like I was speaking a diffrent language and asked what concealed meant. Todays schools are definately about the level of education as a trailer is a home
                            Last edited by Trooper4985; 06-08-2007, 03:27 PM.
                            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Congrats to all those who have recieved their invites to the medical. It's starting to get a little lonely out there checking my mailbox everyday. It seems as if there is a bit of a pattern of people getting their letters on Fridays and Saturdays, and I didn't get anything today, so hopefully tomorrow. It's getting a little frusterating doing all these push-ups and sit-ups and still not knowing for sure.

Comment

• Good Luck willeck, I hope it arrives for you today or Monday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8298 users online. 357 members and 7941 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X