Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• test day in albany

Comment

• Anyone else take the test this last weekend? how do you all think it went?

Comment

• pretty easy...nothing to it

Comment

• I agree. I'd be shocked if i got any of the first section questions wrong. I guess it all depends on how they score the other two parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by thevanburenboys View Post
            I agree. I'd be shocked if i got any of the first section questions wrong. I guess it all depends on how they score the other two parts.
            You shouldn't. The answer is always right in front of you on those. An important part of scoring well on the exam is making sure you 100% ace that part

Comment

• I am going this saturday. I am guessing I should wear a collard shirt and tie? Anything to study? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                I am going this saturday. I am guessing I should wear a collard shirt and tie? Anything to study? lol
                I am hoping there is sarcasm all over that? lol

I can promise you noone there will care if you show up in sweats or a tux. lol

Comment

• Took the exam on oct 5. SUPER EASY! No big deal.
                  "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• Originally posted by McFlyJr View Post
                    Took the exam on oct 5. SUPER EASY! No big deal.
                    Port Authority easy?

Comment

• Took the test this past weekend in Farmingdale. Like others said. Just make sure you have common sense and you'll do fine. And dress code, this isn't the NYPD test that's for sure! NYPD had you showing up in a suit and tie for the test. They(Troop recruiters) say casual neat, but people were showing up in all sorts. Make sure you don't wear a hat though. They were tearing into people standing in line with their hats on.

I'm personally still worried about the other two parts myself. I always wonder if my answering a question a certain way will shut me down. Hopefully I make it through the process without a DQ! I want to be a LEO badly!
                      Exam: 0310
                      List: 105
                      Medical: March 6, 2012
                      Psy: March 6, 2012
                      JST: no
                      Mini-Medical: no
                      BI: no

Comment

• Originally posted by gteachey View Post
                        Took the test this past weekend in Farmingdale. Like others said. Just make sure you have common sense and you'll do fine. And dress code, this isn't the NYPD test that's for sure! NYPD had you showing up in a suit and tie for the test. They(Troop recruiters) say casual neat, but people were showing up in all sorts. Make sure you don't wear a hat though. They were tearing into people standing in line with their hats on.

I'm personally still worried about the other two parts myself. I always wonder if my answering a question a certain way will shut me down. Hopefully I make it through the process without a DQ! I want to be a LEO badly!
                        I went in shorts and t-shirt to make my NYPD exam... i'll be in a polo for this one come saturday. I can't wait!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                          I went in shorts and t-shirt to make my NYPD exam... i'll be in a polo for this one come saturday. I can't wait!!
                          What makes this exam different from any other and why would you guys want to dress up for it? I'm not saying to go looking like a slob but there will be no one there judging you for later processing based upon appearance Lol.

Comment

• Hey everyone, no sarcasm or cynicism intended, quick question though; if everyone says the tests are so easy, why don't people taking these exams have higher ranks and get called for processing quicker? As I have posted before, this is my first LE exam so I'm not all that up to speed with how people are processed or ranked. Any feedback would be beneficial.

Those of you that have taken the test, any suggestions for preparation going forward?

Thanks a lot.
                            NYSP
                            Oct 19, 2013
                            Score: 96.XX

Comment

• We really cant go inside with cell phones? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by netsfan549 View Post
                                We really cant go inside with cell phones? lol
                                (Note the below is not directed at you but the general population)

Unfortunately "no", because too many times people with a similar sentiment bring them in anyways, left on full volume so that right in the middle of the test we get to listen to your latest Harlem Shake ringtone...

If its off and you don't take it out noone should knownits tbere (YMMV), or just live without the thing for a few hours and leave it in the Car.

More seriously just leave it in the car. Not like you're allowed to check your bookface in the middle of the rest anyways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12439 users online. 457 members and 11982 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X