300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post
    F S, can you please offer any insight as to how you prepared for the initial exam? I trying to come up with a plan to perform well but am not sure exactly what to do besides the packet we received after registration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Are you located on the island or upstate? Pm me

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
      F S, can you please offer any insight as to how you prepared for the initial exam? I trying to come up with a plan to perform well but am not sure exactly what to do besides the packet we received after registration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. &&&&&

Are you located on the island or upstate? Pm me
      To be honest with you I didn't prepare for it, but I didn't score bad either. I scored 88. I can't really remember how the test was. It was taken in October 2007 or 2008. I'm not sure. The only thing that I can remember is that at that time I was in college and that probably kept me active and helped me out in certain knowledge like math writing reading and logic. As I said before if I would've had military experience that is a plus because I believed they add 10 more point to the final score and for New York residency they added some other points.

I am from the Bronx.

Comment

• Originally posted by F_S View Post
        To be honest with you I didn't prepare for it, but I didn't score bad either. I scored 88. I can't really remember how the test was. It was taken in October 2007 or 2008. I'm not sure. The only thing that I can remember is that at that time I was in college and that probably kept me active and helped me out in certain knowledge like math writing reading and logic. As I said before if I would've had military experience that is a plus because I believed they add 10 more point to the final score and for New York residency they added some other points.

I am from the Bronx.
        got it, makes sense.

the pm was directed towards CPA. Didnt know NYSP gives a residency credit, lol. Being from Suffolk I am used to the local exams not giving us those and not being able to qualify for any NYC/Yonkers/Westchester res credit hah

Comment

I am from the Bronx.
          Okay sounds good. There isn't any math this time around though...at least I don't think there is. That handbook they gave us, didn't have anything about math in it. Is there usually a lot of non-NY residents applying for this exam? is that why they give residency credits?
          NYSP
          Oct 19, 2013
          Score: 96.XX

Comment

• Originally posted by e82///m View Post
            got it, makes sense.

the pm was directed towards CPA. Didnt know NYSP gives a residency credit, lol. Being from Suffolk I am used to the local exams not giving us those and not being able to qualify for any NYC/Yonkers/Westchester res credit hah
            I believe they give NY residency credit. Anyway my only advice is that don't over think this test. You should Prepare for it if you want but just remember that there is always a time frame and the usage of guessing is required. As well as if you have left 20 questions and don't have time for answering them just stick with one answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CPA SA APP View Post
              Okay sounds good. There isn't any math this time around though...at least I don't think there is. That handbook they gave us, didn't have anything about math in it. Is there usually a lot of non-NY residents applying for this exam? is that why they give residency credits?
              As I said I took the test a lot time ago. I have taken many civil test in many agencies and some of them test you in logic, math, and mechanics all basics. But the most common test are reading comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary

Comment

• Thanks a lot F S. Good luck with everything.
                NYSP
                Oct 19, 2013
                Score: 96.XX

Comment

I heard that too. To be honest with you. I, just by passing the PT, felt like a winner. I am not a military or law enforcement person type with physical strength. So when I passed the running part I didn't believe it. The proccessing officers were nice and communicative. They answer any concern with respect of a trooper's job. And they show willing that everybody go to the academy. Even when one of the officers ask me where I work and what I do, he said: This job is better, we are family.
                  Enjoy that kindness while you can my friend. Good luck to all the processing candidates!

Comment

• 26,883 applicants applied to take the test.... here we go

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                      26,883 applicants applied to take the test.... here we go
                      Crazy to think that is for the whole state and (at least from what I recall in the past few years) it is approaching/at Suffolk County test applicant territory!

Cant wait to get things going with the test "next" month, good luck everyone!

Comment

• Eh not that many, i have more people in my town….Good luck yall
                        NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                        Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• I know Nassau County Sheriff exam is being held on Oct 5th same as NYS Police exam, so lets see the turn out for that exam lol

26, 833 is really not a lot... lets see who actually shows up and then you have people that fail the examination. This might be small, how did the previous list look?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJAM58 View Post
                            26,883 applicants applied to take the test.... here we go
                            I'm shocked, that's not very high when you consider 22,000 "qualified" for the PAPD; and over 40,000 took that exam. Also it's 26,882 because my buddy decided he didn't want to be a trooper.

Not sure how many took the old exam but I know 15,700 passed the examination, and they processed to 8,414( about mid 80s).

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post

Not sure how many took the old exam but I know 15,700 passed the examination, and they processed to 8,414( about mid 80s).
                              From the people I know who took the last test, they said it was roughly around 25,000 that took the test.

Comment

• Im taking the test on October 19,2013 kinda of nervous...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7633 users online. 405 members and 7228 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X