300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
    If you want OT you should look elsewhere.

As far as pay after the academy, it take 5 years to top pay as a Trooper. After that you get longevity pay or raises for promotions.

You get location pay downstate, NYC and LI.

We do not have shift differential or special duty pay. As I said earlier OT is hard to come by. There is no "collars for dollars" like some jobs.

At the end of the day we're paid we'll for what we do. If you're upstate, you're probably doing quite well. Downstate, you're doing good, but I know plenty of guys working side jobs.
    Thanks for your info. If u don't mind. R u a trooper already?? If so. What do you know about the new tier 6. And how it works in terms of years of service. I know the info is online but can you explain it without the technicalities.

Comment

• Originally posted by F_S View Post
      Thanks for your info. If u don't mind. R u a trooper already?? If so. What do you know about the new tier 6. And how it works in terms of years of service. I know the info is online but can you explain it without the technicalities.
      If you look up a few posts.... not even pages....just a few posts..you'd know that reils is a trooper.
      New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• If this is for me. I'm sorry, and I will get your advice.

Comment

Still driving it. 100,000+ miles and still handles like a dream.
          175,000 on one up by me in C

Comment

• Originally posted by F_S View Post
            I have no idea about tier 6 retirement. If the information is online, why not read it?
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citykid33 View Post
              175,000 on one up by me in C
              Do you know what year? Mine is a 2010, 105k as of Monday morning.

Comment

You have a good time at the Bronx Zoo? Wish you well!

Comment

lol damn 105k on a 2010??
                  New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• F S These guys are nice and have good info don't let them intimidate you. Just inform yourself as much as you can before you ask something or they will eat you alive... Speaking from experience here lol
                    PAPD
                    Tested: 5/18/13
                    Qualified

NYSP
                    Tested: 10/13
                    List: High 15k

Yonkers PD
                    Tested: 11/16/13
                    Eligible

PWCPD
                    Tested: 2/3/14
                    PT: 4/8/14 - Passed
                    Poly: May ?

Baltimore City PD
                    Test: 4/26/14

Comment

• Thanks!!! It looks like he got aggravated for my text writing style. And I'm not intimidated, it is just that I am the one looking for info, so If it was too bad the way I post my message which in part he is right I take his advice.
                      Last edited by F_S; 08-07-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• I'm not aggravated, I spoke as a matter of fact. If you plan on being successfull on the written exam, making it through the hiring process, academy, FTO and 20 plus years in this business start now. If you ask a question, ask it coherently. You don't have to be an English major, but please don't type like you're sending a tweet to youre BFF. Second, if the information is out there, tier 6 retirement for example, utilize that resource. That's a basic task of policing. Nobody here wants to spoon feed another adult, especially someone applying to be my 2 shift partner. Finally, thick skin. Grow it. In the words of a rather large and intimidating member, "it's nothing personal, just business".
                        Last edited by reils49; 08-07-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Reils49. Thanks!!! As I said before I am prone to any good advice.

Comment

• What book should I buy to study? thanks

Comment

• Here is a link that describes Tier 6:

http://www.osc.state.ny.us/retire/me...er-6/index.php
                              You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6629 users online. 383 members and 6246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X