Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Troop D and Just got a call today from the Member Hiring Unit! They told me that some letters have been delayed. FYI, I am ranked 65XX. Good luck to those still waiting and looking forward to the academy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ant-824 View Post
      Can you go from NYPD to NYSP?
      Sure, just apply and get hired like everyone else. Good luck.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by GPF727 View Post
        Anything is possible... but as I stated in a previous post, if you want to get called that quick you will have to score HIGH 90's without a doubt... you're talking about taking a test in October 2013 and going into the June 2014 academy... that would mean you would have to be among the top 1,000-1,500 guys on the list out of 20,000+ guys... Plus, who says there is going to even be an academy in June 2014. Only academies scheduled are June 2013 and December 2013... My advice... take the test and forget about it...

I as many others on here took the test over 5 years ago... Within that time frame I got engaged, married and had a child.... just forget about the test... law enforcement is SO difficult to get into, especially the NYSP and i'm proud to say, I'll be joining these other guys on June 9th... It's an honor... Longest, most rewarding wait of my entire life... I know others will agree.

Anyway, best of luck to you in the process.

Thanks GP, I'm pulling for everyone. I'm really excited to start the process whether it takes 6 months or 5 years.
        NYPD Exam #1309
        List Rank: 3xx

Comment

• Originally posted by JCPD2246 View Post
          Congrats guys, I just applied for the new test in October. Do you think it possible to get a call for the 2014 June academy?
          Somebody is going to be in that class. It may very well be you.
          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CabeNYC View Post
            199 this is OUR TIME!!!
            Congratulations. But YOUR time just became MY time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
              you guys are asking for trouble by asking for the packing list. all you are going to get are suggestions on microwaves and what types of popcorn to bring, which you would have noticed if you've read this thread thoroughly. I would be very cautious about accepting suggestions from people on here, they may just be the man in grey laughing at you while you're doing 200 burpee's for showing up with some of the nonsense they told you about. The only information I can share that I know is accurate, is to pack extremely light.
              That list comes from me normally. I have given it up though. One of the guys in my Zone actually thought I was serious. If he didn't know some guys on the job, he might have taken the advice. I've given it up.

Comment

• I just called Member Hiring to inquire about the status of my letter and was told that one will be mail out sometimes next week to explain the status of my application. I figure if it's this late in the process and I have neither received a packet nor a phone call from them then there's little hope left. Please advise!

Comment

• Originally posted by bala.boluk View Post
                  I just called Member Hiring to inquire about the status of my letter and was told that one will be mail out sometimes next week to explain the status of my application. I figure if it's this late in the process and I have neither received a packet nor a phone call from them then there's little hope left. Please advise!
                  I'm in the same position as you. I'm still hoping to get a letter for the June academy, but I think the chances are slim at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if I do not make the June class, I will be looking forward to the December one!

Keep your chin up.

Good luck to all who have received a letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim21 View Post
                    I'm in the same position as you. I'm still hoping to get a letter for the June academy, but I think the chances are slim at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if I do not make the June class, I will be looking forward to the December one!

Keep your chin up.

Good luck to all who have received a letter.
                    Same here... Hoping to make it at least as a back fill... If not then next class it is... Good luck all

Comment

• Are the oxford shoes they require us to bring to the academy the shoes we are going to wear with our uniform or are they only for when we're wearing suits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                        Are the oxford shoes they require us to bring to the academy the shoes we are going to wear with our uniform or are they only for when we're wearing suits?
                        We will wear oxford dress shoes for the first 3-4 weeks with our suits... then boots will be issued to wear with our BDU's and polos....

Comment

• I'm registered for the test this Fall (have been waiting since leaving the service in 08') They provided a Study guide for the LEAB exam by EB Jacobs. It's pretty short and really not of great use after going through it a few times. Any suggestions for additional study resources out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                            I received my offer last week, however I have declined. Hope that gives one of you guys a chance.
                            any reason why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Police2013 View Post
                              any reason why?
                              +1

Comment

• Anyone have any new on if they plan on doing another August processing for the January class?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5910 users online. 340 members and 5570 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X