Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no word. Starting to get worried

Comment

• 49xx here and got my packet yesterday. yea it all depends ive heard 2-5 years also. hopefully they hire a lot after us to push people around quick

Comment

• Originally posted by jb19421 View Post
        49xx here and got my packet yesterday. yea it all depends ive heard 2-5 years also. hopefully they hire a lot after us to push people around quick
        when did you process if I may ask?

Comment

• Just got my packet today for June academy ranked 60xx

Comment

• I can't believe the amount of whining on here. Worrying about where you will be working, not wanting to be there on the first night because you might have to do some PT or get yelled at.You all should be happy you may have the opportunity to be in the Academy. Myself and 87 others waited almost 4 years to get on this job and stayed the Jr. guy for 4 1/2 years because there weren't any classes being put through and we weren't worried about any of that crap. Just thankful to have a great job. The only things you should be worrying about is getting in shape for the fun PT and DT you will be doing for 26 weeks plus other extra curricular activities. If some of these posts are any indication of your work ethic, please don't be my 2-shift partner. Stay focused and Good Luck.
            Last edited by NYTPRF; 05-24-2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Well put NYTPRF. The feeling of accomplishment after those 26 week and walking across that stage and shaking the superintendent and governors hand is one of the greatest feeling ever. A little sacrifice for a rewarding career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Police2013 View Post
                when did you process if I may ask?
                initially sept 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by NYTPRF View Post
                  I can't believe the amount of whining on here. Worrying about where you will be working, not wanting to be there on the first night because you might have to do some PT or get yelled at.You all should be happy you may have the opportunity to be in the Academy. Myself and 87 others waited almost 4 years to get on this job and stayed the Jr. guy for 4 1/2 years because there weren't any classes being put through and we weren't worried about any of that crap. Just thankful to have a great job. The only things you should be worrying about is getting in shape for the fun PT and DT you will be doing for 26 weeks plus other extra curricular activities. If some of these posts are any indication of your work ethic, please don't be my 2-shift partner. Stay focused and Good Luck.
                  Alright guys....when i posted a while back about taking a backfill and missing the first night i was joking....thats what the lol meant. i wasnt being serious about that. so relax, and yes completing the entire academy including the first night should be everyones goal here

Comment

• Originally posted by NYTPRF View Post
                    I can't believe the amount of whining on here. Worrying about where you will be working, not wanting to be there on the first night because you might have to do some PT or get yelled at.You all should be happy you may have the opportunity to be in the Academy. Myself and 87 others waited almost 4 years to get on this job and stayed the Jr. guy for 4 1/2 years because there weren't any classes being put through and we weren't worried about any of that crap. Just thankful to have a great job. The only things you should be worrying about is getting in shape for the fun PT and DT you will be doing for 26 weeks plus other extra curricular activities. If some of these posts are any indication of your work ethic, please don't be my 2-shift partner. Stay focused and Good Luck.
                    197!
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Is it possible that someone who has a higher rank (5xxx-6xxx) would get in the June class before someone who has a 4xxx rank because they processed in September/October(higher rank 5-6000) vs March processing (4xxx).

Hope that made sense

Comment

• Anyone from troop A want to car pool

Comment

• Should we fire up a 200th session Academy email list? I can start the ball rolling if you PM your email addresses.

Comment

• Originally posted by AH3 View Post
                            Anyone from troop A want to car pool
                            I wouldn't car pool the first few weeks. If your car pool partner quits then someone may be stranded in Albany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Police2013 View Post
                              Is it possible that someone who has a higher rank (5xxx-6xxx) would get in the June class before someone who has a 4xxx rank because they processed in September/October(higher rank 5-6000) vs March processing (4xxx).

Hope that made sense
                              My rank is 19xx because of a deferment and I'm still waiting to hear myself. They wanted paperwork from a shoulder injury I had 7 months ago. I had a clear MRI 5 months ago and it turned out to just be tendonitis. Hopefully we'll both hear soon.

Comment

• Anyone know a good place to get Oxford shoes? All I can find online are ones that are patent leather (which is what they said not to buy)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8407 users online. 226 members and 8181 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X