Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question regarding being on the backfill list. Say you're on the backfill list for June and they call you, can you defer to the next class (December/January) or are you DQ'd because you are considered to reject it?

Comment

• You can defer, but I'd take a backfill spot over a guaranteed spot. Miss out on all that bs the first night...sounds like a good deal to me lol. Plus I'd be wanting to get in asap for seniority to switch troops and before tier 7 gets passed. My advise- take the backfill

Comment

• any idea when NYSP will start the notification process for the upcoming class?

Comment

• my guess is monday

Comment

• Originally posted by wolo2232 View Post
            any idea when NYSP will start the notification process for the upcoming class?
            At the final medical this past weekend they told us we would know within 2 weeks. It's going to be an agonizing wait

Comment

• sitting on pins and needles.... good luck all

Comment

• Heard two different start dates for the June academy from two different troopers. Does anyone know of the date?

Comment

• June 9th is the report date. Im hoping for a backfill spot to miss out on all the fun times that first night has in store

Comment

• What's your rank?

Comment

• Originally posted by jb19421 View Post
                      June 9th is the report date. Im hoping for a backfill spot to miss out on all the fun times that first night has in store
                      already taking short cuts....

Comment

• Originally posted by wolo2232 View Post
                        any idea when NYSP will start the notification process for the upcoming class?
                        Heard from a recruiter that Albany will be sending the letters out by the end of this week. That means either Friday or Saturday... So expect to see notification in your mailbox Monday or Tuesday... Of course, things come up... so that is most certainly not concrete news...

Since people are shouting out ranks out of curiosity... I'm ranked 5,5XX... i'm expecting to miss this academy in June... seems to me there were alot of education and military deferrals that showed up in March because it was announced that the 2008 eligibility list is going to expire... Of course i'll be bummed, but January will come quickly... These deferrals don't bother me too much... guys who risk their lives in the military day in and day out deserve to be ahead of me... those are the types of guys you want on your side wearing Grey and Purple.... Good luck all...
                        Last edited by GPF727; 05-15-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL-JAA View Post
                          Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and had a few questions that you all might be able to help me with and not give me the normal political agency response. I am planning on applying for the NY Troopers however I am from Florida. Anyone apply as an out of state applicant? How is the process? Also the initial exam in October, how difficult is it and what does it cover? I took an entry exam for an agency in Tampa, FL and it was pretty easy. Also where could I find a study guide? I know it is a long shot from now but how do they distribute Troopers after the academy? When I move to NY I will reside in Region E; how long will it take to get stationed in that area? Let me finish by saying thanks for any input and additional insight.
                          Lots of people are out-of-state residents when they take the test. The process is just the same as for in-state residents. Go to NYTrooper.com for all the details on the hiring process. The cost is minimal ($20.00, I think).

Nobody knows if you will get Troop "E" upon graduation (you haven't even been hired yet). But the current class, and the one before that, sent new graduates to Troop "E". So there is a chance.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by GPF727 View Post
                            Heard from a recruiter that Albany will be sending the letters out by the end of this week. That means either Friday or Saturday... So expect to see notification in your mailbox Monday or Tuesday... Of course, things come up... so that is most certainly not concrete news...

Since people are shouting out ranks out of curiosity... I'm ranked 5,5XX... i'm expecting to miss this academy in June... seems to me there were alot of education and military deferrals that showed up in March because it was announced that the 2008 eligibility list is going to expire... Of course i'll be bummed, but January will come quickly... These deferrals don't bother me too much... guys who risk their lives in the military day in and day out deserve to be ahead of me... those are the types of guys you want on your side wearing Grey and Purple.... Good luck all...
                            I heard that only several hundred showed up for the PFT and Psych exam in March. Plus if you think about it, even if those who deferred in the past came in March it would be hard to complete the background within the time frame for the medical last weekend. I am ranked mid 4,000 was processed for January class but rank wasn't reached for the piggy back class, so I am very hopeful I will receive a call sometime soon inviting me to the June 9th class. Keep your head up and have hope! Chances are good you will get reached. I heard the class size was going to be around 156.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I am new to posting on the forum. I found the forum a few weeks ago and have enjoyed reading all the post.

Does anyone know the current time line to transfer to the various troops?
                              Last edited by EDL78; 05-16-2013, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• There is no current time line, all depends on the new academy graduating, retireees, and needs of the agency. Those are never concrete numbers so you cant gauge transfer times

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8001 users online. 395 members and 7606 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X