Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am ranked low 5000 and another person i know who is high 3000's, are also attending the medical this Saturday...

Comment

• Originally posted by bh86 View Post
      Frontier, are you going to the medical on Saturday? I am just trying to gauge where they made the cutoff by rank.
      I am ranked low 5000 and another person i know who is high 3000's, are also attending the medical this Saturday...

Comment

• I know not everyone that was processed is going to the medical, so I wanted to see how far at the end of the line I am. I am mid 6000's and I feel I am not going to make the academy in June, which would be a major disappointment.

Comment

• Thank you..
          New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

• how hard or easy is it to get into Troop G, or in the general Albany area? any possibility after the academy?

Comment

• i'm attending the medical on satuday, ranked in the mid 6000's...

Comment

• Originally posted by TprBrownie View Post
                Not likely. Troops L and NYC are out of the question. Troops K and F are a little more likely but the majority of the last few classes have been shipped up North. Chances are you'll have to do some commuting for a few years.
                Well that was a heart breaker lol
                NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• Originally posted by emaichbe03 View Post
                  how hard or easy is it to get into Troop G, or in the general Albany area? any possibility after the academy?
                  G is pretty much the same situation as Troops A and L...there is a wait...a lonngggggg wait lol.

Comment

• i still do not understand how this NYS troopers process works, how many people are they trying to hire with so many getting processed now.

Comment

• Considering they process 100 people to hire 10 in the end they need to process a ton of applicants because there are so many people out there that cannot make it through the hiring process. they are picky, they don’t want you if you have a criminal record, tattoos below the elbow,bad references from previous employers, have tried every drug out there even if it was when you were “experimenting”, and just in general are not someone that they can get squared away in the academy. The job is no joke and neither is the application process or the background investigation and the academy is probably the toughest in the country. that’s why a lot of people can’t hack it and they need to go through thousands to hire a few hundred. It’s a 100k plus a year job and should be treated as such. I think that pretty much sums it up for ya NYJAM58
                      Last edited by jb19421; 05-10-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Amen brother!!!!

Comment

• yeah that makes sense, i just wonder how soon will they start processing after the upcoming 2013 exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb19421 View Post
                            Considering they process 100 people to hire 10 in the end they need to process a ton of applicants because there are so many people out there that cannot make it through the hiring process. they are picky, they don’t want you if you have a criminal record, tattoos below the elbow,bad references from previous employers, have tried every drug out there even if it was when you were “experimenting”, and just in general are not someone that they can get squared away in the academy. The job is no joke and neither is the application process or the background investigation and the academy is probably the toughest in the country. that’s why a lot of people can’t hack it and they need to go through thousands to hire a few hundred. It’s a 100k plus a year job and should be treated as such. I think that pretty much sums it up for ya NYJAM58
                            Good post...

Comment

• Originally posted by emaichbe03 View Post
                              how hard or easy is it to get into Troop G, or in the general Albany area? any possibility after the academy?
                              Nope!
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and had a few questions that you all might be able to help me with and not give me the normal political agency response. I am planning on applying for the NY Troopers however I am from Florida. Anyone apply as an out of state applicant? How is the process? Also the initial exam in October, how difficult is it and what does it cover? I took an entry exam for an agency in Tampa, FL and it was pretty easy. Also where could I find a study guide? I know it is a long shot from now but how do they distribute Troopers after the academy? When I move to NY I will reside in Region E; how long will it take to get stationed in that area? Let me finish by saying thanks for any input and additional insight.
                                Last edited by FL-JAA; 05-14-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11108 users online. 429 members and 10679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X