• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got mine too. located in Troop K

Comment

• Originally posted by nys 2012 View Post
      got mine too. located in Troop K
      Troop K is Millbrook NY area? My buddy works there lol...

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
        Troop K is Millbrook NY area? My buddy works there lol...
        Troop K is all of Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess & Columbia counties. Troop K HQ is located just outside of Millbrook.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• I've been reading through the thread for quite some time and I know usually the class that graduates from the academy gets placed into B/F/K. Is that still going to be like this time around?

Also, depending on where you live does it matter where they put you? Such as are they going to move a guy from say downstate to troop B or will they place him "somewhat" close to home in F/K and vice versa, a guy from upstate getting placed in F/K.

Recently bought a house (a little over a year) and if I do get placed far away I'm still unsure on what I would do with my house. I read a while back that the top 5% of the class gets pick but I'm assuming that has been disbanded.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys, stay safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Police2013 View Post
            I've been reading through the thread for quite some time and I know usually the class that graduates from the academy gets placed into B/F/K. Is that still going to be like this time around?

Also, depending on where you live does it matter where they put you? Such as are they going to move a guy from say downstate to troop B or will they place him "somewhat" close to home in F/K and vice versa, a guy from upstate getting placed in F/K.

Recently bought a house (a little over a year) and if I do get placed far away I'm still unsure on what I would do with my house. I read a while back that the top 5% of the class gets pick but I'm assuming that has been disbanded.

Anyway, any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys, stay safe
            There is no guarentee that you will get close you the house you now own, but there is a chance. The current class will be spread all over the state, except for 3 Troops. The next class, who knows. Feel free to PM me, and tell me what part of the state you are in. I'll share my opinion privately.

They certainly do not put a guy from LI in Troop B, just to spite him. They will keep you as close to home as possible, given operational needs. But operational needs come first.
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thank you for your quick reply, I can't send PM's until I have 15 posts so I'm going to have to go whore myself around the forum a little lol. Thank you I will PM you as soon as I can.

Comment

• Just finished reading all 321 pages of posts. It was very informative so thanks to all who have contributed to the discussion over the years.

I was just wondering if anybody had any info on the upcoming academy, such as class size or start date? I am going to the final medical next week, and am trying to not get overly excited. I deferred for a couple of years for education reasons so my list number is under 1000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Merchaldo View Post
                  Just finished reading all 321 pages of posts. It was very informative so thanks to all who have contributed to the discussion over the years.

I was just wondering if anybody had any info on the upcoming academy, such as class size or start date? I am going to the final medical next week, and am trying to not get overly excited. I deferred for a couple of years for education reasons so my list number is under 1000.
                  I heard mid to late June. Not really sure about the class size. I remember reading a few pages back it might be the usual 180 but that there are also 50 people left over from January.

Comment

• I think there will also be a December/January 14 class once the June class graduates.

Comment

• Have at it, Ladies and Gents. The application process for the October exam has opened up. This thread shall forever live on.

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                        Have at it, Ladies and Gents. The application process for the October exam has opened up. This thread shall forever live on.
                        Gonna deff take this exam
                        Last edited by republicangopmh; 05-03-2013, 05:20 AM.
                        NYC Corrections Exam: 2322
                        Academy: March 2015 (Got the call!!) NYCDOC

Comment

• They give you 5 different times to take it, oh boy. If you live in the Poughkeepsie area where would I take it? When I took Park Police I had to go up to Albany would it be the same thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                            They give you 5 different times to take it, oh boy. If you live in the Poughkeepsie area where would I take it? When I took Park Police I had to go up to Albany would it be the same thing?
                            When you are asked for preference in testing location, you can choose a county or town that your closest to. Then a list of available locations will pop up. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHINYBADGE View Post
                              When you are asked for preference in testing location, you can choose a county or town that your closest to. Then a list of available locations will pop up. Hope this helps.
                              Thank you sir! "
                              I'll be at Pine Bush H.S 8:30AM 10/12/2013! Anyone else going to this location?

Comment

• I'm taking it at Lehman college october 5th! I'm excited. I waited YEARS for this exam! as we all have. haha

I hope me having 4 points on my license (stemming from one moving violation) won't disqualify me down the line...
                                New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11097 users online. 419 members and 10678 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X