300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CNY Hopeful View Post
    But the letter you receive if it ask you to go to the medical and you pass that your in?
    No you are not definitely in. Usually they process more people then they appoint to ensure the class is full. The medical is usually one month before the class starts. Then usually they send letters of appointment out two weeks later which gives you two weeks notice. Also there are back fills that are put on call so when someone quits the first week they can be replaced.

Comment

• I know the processed in sept about 4200 to 6200 any one know what rank the got down to for the dec class? Cause i was right around 6000 and wasn't eligible for the dec class but i am for the june
      Last edited by CNY Hopeful; 04-17-2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• I can tell ya I'm ranked 4900 and I didn't make that last class in jan after attending the final medical

Comment

• That does not bode well for me then... How many people do you think went to processing weekend im guessing around 800 in sept

Comment

• yea i think it was around 800 in september, and i heard there were 450 left on day 2

Comment

• Hey everybody... I spoke with a recruiter today... Albany has NOT sent out any DQ's or final medical invites yet... they are a little behind and they won't be sent until next week... Just wanted to let all of you know...

CNY Hopeful... I would think if you're around 6000 in rank, you would be considered for June class... They processed up to 8400 or so and thats for the December class too... However, as dirtyduce wrote above... they always process more than they need... Hang in there...

Comment

• Well at least i wont have to sprint to the mailbox tomorrow

Comment

• You guys currently in the hiring process, how long did it take for them to contact you to start the process? Curious to what you guys scored? High 8s?

Comment

• I was ranked about 6000 got a 88.52 ... Took the pat etc. sept12'12 started the background check process mid jan

Comment

• Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                      You guys currently in the hiring process, how long did it take for them to contact you to start the process? Curious to what you guys scored? High 8s?
                      I got high 80's... believe 88 something... took 4 years and 6 months to get contacted... granted there was a hiring freeze... if you score in the 80's expect it to take 2-3 years... you are definitely going to want to score in the 90's.... mid to high 90's to get a quick phone call... remember, veterans rightfully so receive 5 bonus points on top of their test score... so with that said, you're gonna get beat out by alot of guys if you don't score well... My advice, take the test and forget about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by GPF727 View Post
                        I got high 80's... believe 88 something... took 4 years and 6 months to get contacted... granted there was a hiring freeze... if you score in the 80's expect it to take 2-3 years... you are definitely going to want to score in the 90's.... mid to high 90's to get a quick phone call... remember, veterans rightfully so receive 5 bonus points on top of their test score... so with that said, you're gonna get beat out by alot of guys if you don't score well... My advice, take the test and forget about it...
                        And I would also suggest applying elsewhere; local agencies, federal out of state. Take as many tests as you can.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Medical invites are out. I just got mine in the mail. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• bh86 what part of the state are you in? just trying to see how close ya are to albany

Comment

• I am in central NY, about 1 hour and 45 mins from Albany. The letter was dated 4/22/13.

Comment

• I got my medical invite as well... Good luck to all... See you May 11th.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10528 users online. 392 members and 10136 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X