300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dirtyduce View Post
    In the Letter it says to dress in athletic clothes. We have to do the pushups and sit-ups again.
    A certain person told me to read the 1st sentence in the 2nd last paragraph...I'm not saying who, but he goes by the name dd. "Candidates should report to the processing dressed in gym clothes". (I bet at least one or two will be in suits though)

Comment

• wow......didn't even realize there was more on the back of the letter. thanks for the heads up. whadda dope.

Comment

• Great attention to detail folks.

When I processed everyone wore PT gear...

http://www.nytrooper.com/

Comment

• When I went for the medical in November everyone was in gym clothes. You do have to redo your pushups and situps so it would be wise to wear gym clothes. For many of us this will be our second time for the medical. I believe there are about 200 waiting left over who didn't make it into the January class but I have also heard of a couple guys getting a Disqual. letter after doing an updated background and a couple guys who took other law enforcement jobs so that number could be significantly down. Good look to all and get plenty of rest the night before because you will be there standing for a couple hours.

Comment

• I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this...I think I'm the only one left still waiting for the medical letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhs9909 View Post
              I believe there are about 200 waiting left over who didn't make it into the January class.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that those 200 are grouped with everyone else and chosen for the academy based on their rank.

Comment

• Congrats! Mleggio. Good Luck @ the academy.
                sigpic
                IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                  Also, read the letter carfully, to make sure you follow all of the instructions and bring everything you need.
                  Let me emphasize this part then , LOL.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that those 200 are grouped with everyone else and chosen for the academy based on their rank.
                    You are correct, everyone going to this medical will be in the same boat, regardless if you went to a prior medical. Although, if you went to a prior medical your rank is most likely better than if you didn't, except for those who deferred. So the people who deferred for whatever reason can knock out someone who processed for the last class. It's all based on rank from this point on. Even when you graduate the academy your seniority is still based on that same rank, so someone you graduated with that has a higher number rank than you will be junior to you, regardless of how you do in the academy. This comes into play for transfers, post/car assignments, vacation picks, etc. Your academic score from the academy determines if you get your initial Troop, so make sure you study hard. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by WishIKnew View Post
                      You are correct, everyone going to this medical will be in the same boat, regardless if you went to a prior medical. Although, if you went to a prior medical your rank is most likely better than if you didn't, except for those who deferred. So the people who deferred for whatever reason can knock out someone who processed for the last class. It's all based on rank from this point on. Even when you graduate the academy your seniority is still based on that same rank, so someone you graduated with that has a higher number rank than you will be junior to you, regardless of how you do in the academy. This comes into play for transfers, post/car assignments, vacation picks, etc. Your academic score from the academy determines if you get your initial Troop, so make sure you study hard. Good luck.
                      Very good information. Thanks

Comment

• Thanks for the info!!

Comment

That actually clarified a lot, thanks WishIKnew.

Comment

Probably a silly question but, this would only apply to those with whom an individual attended the academy with right? It wouldn't apply to those who are currently in the academy or already on the job but may have had a higher list # than me but didn't have to defer would it?

Comment

• Correct VZMan. Boy, that would be a bummer to finally get some seniority over someone and then find out they are senior

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayState View Post
                                Correct VZMan. Boy, that would be a bummer to finally get some seniority over someone and then find out they are senior
                                Thought so Yeah that would be a bummer. I know how seniority can be a blessing at times if you are on the right end of the list, or if you are like me it can be tough. I have been at my current employer for roughly 8.5 years and its pretty easy to pick my vacay weeks because by the time it gets to me, there aren't any good weeks left. So needless to say, I wouldn't want anyone that came on after me to get my "good" weeks of vacay or any of the special assignments. Hey just have to look at it like there's no where to go but up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8549 users online. 436 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X