300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SysOps View Post
    , but declined since I would not have been able to quit my job with <24 hours notice. I just hope that doesn't hurt my chances...
    what was it about your current job stopping you from blowing out of there like the wind if your # came up? Family or friend as your employer?

Comment

• I attended the final medical in december 2012 and was told by a trooper that there were 150 of us there. Now they hired 60 in January and used approx 25 as backfills, so that put them out to about 85...plus not everyone that attended the final medical passed so I'd say there are about 50 of us that attemded that are still eligible to get hired in June. But thats just my take on the numbers

Comment

• How far and often do recruits run in the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
          How far and often do recruits run in the academy?
          I've been told about 3 mikes daily. They use the loop around the university which is about 3 miles. That doesn't include windsprints or running around the gym whenn we are getting "smoked"

Comment

• what was the agenda of the dec 2012 final medical?

Comment

• Report to the academy building, fill out some medical paperwork, fill out a PT uniform sheet...you just pick sizes. you are not allowed to try anything on, then they take ya into a room and wait to see the dr. they review your file, do a quick physical and thats it. you're only there for an hour or so.

Comment

• When is the current list due to expire?
                NYPD
                Exam# 6011

Comment

• Originally posted by SysOps View Post
                  From what I've heard there were quite a few who attended the final medical late last year who missed the cut. I was contacted to be on the backfill list for the January class, but declined since I would not have been able to quit my job with <24 hours notice. I just hope that doesn't hurt my chances...

That being said I was contacted by my investigator recently and met with them for an updated BI. From what I was told they will just contact my employer, speak with my neighbors again, and the financial/criminal/DMV background will probably be looked at again. The State Police was my goal when I took the test in 2008 in my last year of college, and I imagine many that are being processed and attending would be leaving behind a career they have settled into more than four years later. Waiting is the worst part!
                  I too attended the final medical processing on Dec. 8th, but was not reached for the Jan. class. I have updated my background with my investigator. I was wondering if anyone knew if recruits in our situation will be requested to update our medical too?

Comment

• any idea what rank # they took up to for the january academy? any speculation as to what # they will reach for june academy?

Comment

• T-bear 85, I am in the same position you are in. Wasn't reached for the Jan academy and updated my background with the inv 2 weeks ago. I called the hiring unit in Albany and asked if I was required to update my medical and they said yes. The medical processing will be sat may 11th. I'd imagine we should be getting the invites within the next two weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by FC13 View Post
                        any idea what rank # they took up to for the january academy? any speculation as to what # they will reach for june academy?
                        To the best of my knowledge, they took up to around rank #4100 for the small January class (around 50-60 people).

According to some newspaper, NYS budgeted for roughly 300 more troopers so assuming a half split, June will require 150 recruits. Now I have no idea what rank that will mean, but presumably it'll get into the #6,000's at least, since they processed up to #8500 last month.

Again, these are all just broad assumptions based one a few reported numbers.

I'm sure someone else has more concrete data.
                        Last edited by jaguarshark; 04-07-2013, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Thank you jb19421! I was hoping not to have to make the 3 hour trip again for a 1 hour event, but I guess it's all a part of the waiting process.

Comment

• Yea I hear ya, I'm in western New York so I'm looking at a 3hr 45min drive to Albany plus getting a hotel room the night before. Not looking forward to it but in the end it will pay off

Comment

• I had to fly from California several times. It can always be worse😵
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Reils49...Ah **** yea you got us all beat haha. Were you border patrol out there? I have heard of a few guys flying in from the southwest border to process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10508 users online. 386 members and 10122 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X