• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone received anything regarding entrance into the june academy

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Hopeful View Post
      Has anyone received anything regarding entrance into the june academy
      In regard to the June academy... all individuals that have passed every aspect of the selection process so far.... will be getting an invite to attend the final medical exam. From what I hear from others on this forum, the medical will take place in mid-may which means we will get invites by end of April. You will either get a DQ letter or an invite to show up at the medical within a month, so you will know where you stand relatively quickly.

Comment

Last edited by FC13; 03-29-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone from the 9th and 10th processing received any word about the next stages of the process yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by fingerscrossednysp View Post
            I processed in Albany in September but had to attain a few more credits. I got them and finished processing in February. The psychological interview went seemingly well as he didnt bring up any red flags from the written test, poly went good, background investigator said everything looked ok on the background investigation. In my opinion i have a very favorable disposition and background except for one screw up in Sept. 2010. I was stopped at a dui cneckpoint in PA after attending a benefit dinner one evening. I was not arrested but subsequently charged with dui for refusing a breth test. I was never convicted of the dui as i was accepted into the PA ARD program similar to NYS ACD and is a one time break for people with no prior record who mess up in PA. My case has since been expunged and nothing ever went onto my criminal or driving record. I know its in Albanys hands now but Im just looking for honest opinions as to my chances on gettin an acceptance letter for the next academy or a dq letter given everything was favorable besides this screw up. I have heard of troopers who have had a dwi conviction in NY but they were younger and my situation was more recent.
            How are you "not arrested, but subsequently charged for DUI"?
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Last edited by FC13; 03-29-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• The troopers are one of the most picky agencies out there when it comes to hiring. Don't want to get your hopes up but I could see them pulling the same line of thought they do with marijuana experimentation. They could say, post 2008 when you took the test to be a nys trooper you shouldn't have been doing things that were illegal since you already took the initiative to take the test. I wouldn't be surprised if ya get a dq letter and are told to retest this fall with them. I know the agency is big on staying clean from the test date-getting hired

Comment

• Originally posted by fingerscrossednysp View Post
                  In pa it starts as a civil offense then then bring charges against you. So on paper you can say it was an arrest but I was never taken into custody at any point. But that's besides the point, I detailed my situation and am looking for input on the end result of everything as explained
                  I don't think it will help that you were a refusal.
                  I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    The most recent test was quite some time ago. I would expect another test this year.
                    I contacted a recruiter for information and they said to look for a test to open for filing around June. Do the NYSP hold the written test on the same day as the Physical/ Psych, or are all of the parts of the process held separately?
                    "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

• Originally posted by Next3Exits View Post
                      I contacted a recruiter for information and they said to look for a test to open for filing around June. Do the NYSP hold the written test on the same day as the Physical/ Psych, or are all of the parts of the process held separately?
                      That would be great if they give the test this year.

Comment

• Applicants...the final medical and uniform fitment is may 11th so plan accordingly

Comment

• People are getting their acceptance letters ?

Comment

• no, i just have a reliable source

Comment

• From what I've heard there were quite a few who attended the final medical late last year who missed the cut. I was contacted to be on the backfill list for the January class, but declined since I would not have been able to quit my job with <24 hours notice. I just hope that doesn't hurt my chances...

That being said I was contacted by my investigator recently and met with them for an updated BI. From what I was told they will just contact my employer, speak with my neighbors again, and the financial/criminal/DMV background will probably be looked at again. The State Police was my goal when I took the test in 2008 in my last year of college, and I imagine many that are being processed and attending would be leaving behind a career they have settled into more than four years later. Waiting is the worst part!

Comment

• Does anybody know what number they plan on reaching for the June class? I know they called up to 8410 for the March processing, but with the amount of people left over from last processing I am guessing they won't reach anywhere near that number

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5322 users online. 243 members and 5079 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X