Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on the G trooper that got stabbed yesterday? Or the mutt that did it?
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      I'm not positive about this, but I believe State Corrections time counts on the back end. That is, you have to do 20 years with NYSP (or other agency in the PFRS), then get your 6 years corrections time added in, for 26 years credit.
      Actually being an Ex DOCS employee, the retirement situation is different because in DOCS your a Tier 4, so when you have 2 different tiers the facts get muddied up a bit. You have to have a least 5 yrs to be vested into the Corrections Pension, and you can only draw it when you turn 55 and have to be retired from the NYSP. It doesn't go on the backend per say but if your 55 and retried from NYSP you'll get a separate check, at least that was what I was told last year by the head guy at state retirement. hope this helps. be safe all.

Comment

• Originally posted by reils49 View Post
        Any word on the G trooper that got stabbed yesterday? Or the mutt that did it?
        I heard he's out of surgery and expected to make a full recovery.

Comment

• Oh ok. I am vested so that will help. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by redzone16 View Post
          Actually being an Ex DOCS employee, the retirement situation is different because in DOCS your a Tier 4, so when you have 2 different tiers the facts get muddied up a bit. You have to have a least 5 yrs to be vested into the Corrections Pension, and you can only draw it when you turn 55 and have to be retired from the NYSP. It doesn't go on the backend per say but if your 55 and retried from NYSP you'll get a separate check, at least that was what I was told last year by the head guy at state retirement. hope this helps. be safe all.

Comment

• According go some quality sources, there will be an early June academy and December academy. Those will be the last 2 academies off the 2008 exam with a new NYSE exam scheduled for September so I would be on the look out for posters me announcements in the near future regarding that. Good luck to those in the process.

Comment

• Hey everyone, quick question regarding the eye exam. I had Lasik surgery done about one month ago. My uncorrected vision is better than the 20/100 minimum, but it isn't quite 20/20. It is still too early to get new contacts or glasses because my eyes are still slowly healing. Am I going to be ruled out because I don't currently have 20/20 corrected vision? If I was fortunate enough to make the June Academy, I would definitely have contacts or glasses by then. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Hello all! I'm new to this forum but I am glad I have found it! Just curious as to what to expect this upcoming processing weekend as I will be heading to Albany Friday night. I have been waiting a long time for this letter and I was wondering if anyone had details on what occurs the Sunday after the pt test as my information packet is a little unclear other than reporting to the academy at 730 am and dressing in business attire. Thank you.

Comment

• Sunday is the psych test that takes a few hours. Wear a suit. They will also be taking a hair folicle sample and a urine sample for the drug test. Then they will schedule you for the psych interview. Plan on getting out of there sometime around 2pm on sunday.

Comment

• Ok thank you for the response. I hope I'm not disqualified I have very little hair on my head and I shave my body. I know that sounds weird but my gf doesn't like hair and I don't mind. I hope ny doesn't penalize me for this if I had known I would have allowed by hair to grow. Do you think this will effect my processing? Sorry for these questions but I'm very eager to be a part of this organization. My dream since I was very young.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                      it wont be an issue, they should be able to get enough hair by shaving one of your eyebrows to do the testing.
                      Who knows... perhaps the person handling the razor will be nice and shave half of each eyebrow so you will have some symmetry to your face... missing one eyebrow could look weird

Comment

• Haha! They can have my eyebrow hair If that's what it takes as long as they draw me some new ones! My head isn't razor shaved however so they hopefully can get enough from my head! I got between an eighth and a quarter on there so hopefully that'll do the trick. Well good luck to everyone else heading up this weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                          Oh ok. I am vested so that will help. Thanks for the info.
                          Call the retirement office number listed in your calendar book for info regarding transferring into the NYSP tier 2. I'm not sure of your seniority date, but NYDOCCS does not have a tier 4 but rather 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. I'll assume since you have over 5 years on the job but still age eligible to become a Trooper that you're in tier 3. If you join the NYSP you can apply to transfer to their tier 2 and it will be accepted.

If you call the retirement office, make sure to verify with them the information they are providing since I had two people give me completely different information.

Comment

• Is it true NY state troopers about to start giving out test date? Thank you

Comment

• You are correct. I am a tier 3. I will call next week. I heard the time will count but on the back end. It would be nice to get the credit...thanks for the info!

Originally posted by Contributor101623 View Post
                              Call the retirement office number listed in your calendar book for info regarding transferring into the NYSP tier 2. I'm not sure of your seniority date, but NYDOCCS does not have a tier 4 but rather 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. I'll assume since you have over 5 years on the job but still age eligible to become a Trooper that you're in tier 3. If you join the NYSP you can apply to transfer to their tier 2 and it will be accepted.

If you call the retirement office, make sure to verify with them the information they are providing since I had two people give me completely different information.

Comment

• In case anyone did not get the heads up, tomorrow's PAT will be run indoors @ Siena.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5398 users online. 209 members and 5189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X