Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There shouldn't be any people left over from the August processing since they hired 60 people in January which all came from the September processing. Also, they brought in backfills which all came from the September processing group. There is a certain period of time that someone can defer, after that they pretty much forfeit their spot in rank. So I'd say that if you processed in September and made it all the way through the steps you should be pretty much guaranteed the June academy, but that’s just what I can draw from my sources. I don’t see the state police doing another PT weekend in March if they had the kind of numbers sitting around that would fill another academy class.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb19421 View Post
      There shouldn't be any people left over from the August processing since they hired 60 people in January which all came from the September processing. Also, they brought in backfills which all came from the September processing group. There is a certain period of time that someone can defer, after that they pretty much forfeit their spot in rank. So I'd say that if you processed in September and made it all the way through the steps you should be pretty much guaranteed the June academy, but that’s just what I can draw from my sources. I don’t see the state police doing another PT weekend in March if they had the kind of numbers sitting around that would fill another academy class.
      I completely agree with this. From what I've been told by many troopers is that candidates can only defer once and then forfeit the right to process unless they are deployed as military personnel. The January class contains mostly people processed in September and some who failed the previous academy class. It looks likely that those being processed inMarch will make up the December class unless the anticipated June class is large, but rumor has it that they will do another piggyback class like this past class did

Comment

There shouldn't be any people left over from the August processing since they hired 60 people in January which all came from the September processing. Also, they brought in backfills which all came from the September processing group. There is a certain period of time that someone can defer, after that they pretty much forfeit their spot in rank. So I'd say that if you processed in September and made it all the way through the steps you should be pretty much guaranteed the June academy, but that’s just what I can draw from my sources. I don’t see the state police doing another PT weekend in March if they had the kind of numbers sitting around that would fill another academy class.
        jb19421.... Thanks for this good information. I didn't know that the 60 people came from the September processing and the backfills came from the September processing... thats good news for us!! However, I do know for a fact that they are doing a March processing weekend. If you go to NYTROOPER.com and look under the recruitment officers from each Troop... many of them have information on processing weekend orientation meetings at the Troops that took place during the month of February... Just like the orientation meeting we attended or atleast had the opportunity to attend back in August prior to our September processing... Perhaps this will primarily be used for the December Academy or maybe alot of people from the September processing are failing out?? Who knows...

Comment

• Expect to get no breaks in the evening, you MAY get to use your phone once a week or less, phones are kept in your vehicle. Remember what may be an emergency to you may not be an emergency to the NYSP.

Comment

• GPF727...Yea all 60 came from the Sep processing and all of the backfills came from the Sep processing. I was told by a trooper that 140 showed up to the final medical in Dec....and they hired about 60 to start and went through 15 backfills. So my guess is 140 minus the class of 60 minus 15 backfills minus people who got a disqualification letter after the medical leaves about 50 of us left that are fully processed ready to go. Looks like they will need some people from the processing in March to fill the June academy, since they are shooting for 165 recruits in June, and there’s not nearly that many of us left. The only thing that could screw us over is that I know people who attended the PT weekend in September and failed, now they get another crack at it in march and if they originally scored higher than you and they come back and pass this time...then they resume their original rank in the processing and could get first chance at accepting the job offer if they pass the hiring process. Now as to how many of those that are out there and how many are willing to come back and give it another shot...who knows that’s a mystery as of now. If you have any other questions private message me I have quite a bit of "reliable" sources in this area.

Comment

GPF727...Yea all 60 came from the Sep processing and all of the backfills came from the Sep processing. I was told by a trooper that 140 showed up to the final medical in Dec....and they hired about 60 to start and went through 15 backfills. So my guess is 140 minus the class of 60 minus 15 backfills minus people who got a disqualification letter after the medical leaves about 50 of us left that are fully processed ready to go. Looks like they will need some people from the processing in March to fill the June academy, since they are shooting for 165 recruits in June, and there’s not nearly that many of us left. The only thing that could screw us over is that I know people who attended the PT weekend in September and failed, now they get another crack at it in march and if they originally scored higher than you and they come back and pass this time...then they resume their original rank in the processing and could get first chance at accepting the job offer if they pass the hiring process. Now as to how many of those that are out there and how many are willing to come back and give it another shot...who knows that’s a mystery as of now. If you have any other questions private message me I have quite a bit of "reliable" sources in this area.
              jb19421... much appreciated!

Comment

• My background investigator just finished my background check the other day he began in the beginning of January and i was part of the September processing as well. I wonder what the chance$ i make it to the june academy are?

Comment

• Id say your chances are very good, whats your rank?

Comment

• 6065 i believe give or take

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                      I heard the same thing from my investigator, and have recently heard, from a reliable source, what I posted above. As I am already a leo making an excellent salary, the ability to get back to the geographic location i'm hoping for, is of critical importance to me. So i'm pulling out all the stops to try and determine what my chances are.
                      Getting home after the academy is all relative...where is home? For example, I would estimate that should someone out of the next class want to go to L, the wait would be 8-10 years (I'm not joking). Those that live out West will have an extended wait as well. If you want shoot me a PM and I'll try to give some insight as to your chances of getting to the Troop you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                        Does that work the same way with a tier 3 who was a nys correction officer for 6 yrs? Or is it just on the back end?
                        I'm not positive about this, but I believe State Corrections time counts on the back end. That is, you have to do 20 years with NYSP (or other agency in the PFRS), then get your 6 years corrections time added in, for 26 years credit.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Ok...thanks for the reply. That's what I have heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Hopeful View Post
                            6065 i believe give or take
                            CNY Hopeful... There are alot more knowledgable people on this forum that could probably give you a better answer... But if you passed everything in the process... you should have a solid shot.

Does anyone on the forum have the inside scoop on when exactly in June the academy is slotted for?

Comment

• I hope so does anyone have an idea how many people are left from the September processing after the two classes from this winter

Comment

• Originally posted by CNY Hopeful View Post
                                I hope so does anyone have an idea how many people are left from the September processing after the two classes from this winter
                                Not sure if anyone will really know the answer to that... unless you speak with a recruiter. I know that there were over 2,000 people invited to the September processing... roughly ranks 4,000 - 6,200 or so (give or take)... I know when I showed up in September only like 1,250 (give or take) showed up and a few hundred failed out on PT.... Then I'm sure a lot of people were DQ'd in the later phases and I'm sure there are a lot of good candidates that made it through... so tough to tell. Now if you keep in mind what jb19421 stated above... all those candidates that failed the PT in September, will have another shot at it in March. So if they pass this time around, they could boot us down the list if they have a better rank than us... I don't believe guys who want this job "so bad" but fail out on pushups and situps should even deserve to get a 2nd shot... but its not me that calls the shots... it is what it is... our only goal should be just get through the processing... if you don't make the June academy, enjoy your summer and be ready for the December academy. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8269 users online. 458 members and 7811 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X