300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [
    In sure I will find out soon enough...thanks for the response slowdown..

QUOTE=SlowDownThere;3231692]Hmmm... good question. I don't know if there is a Police/Fire component to Tier 3. There is to Tier 1and 2, but I don't know about Tier 3.[/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
      Hmmm... good question. I don't know if there is a Police/Fire component to Tier 3. There is to Tier 1and 2, but I don't know about Tier 3.
      There is a PFRS Tier 3. If the OP is in tier 3 currently, then he won't be downgraded involuntarily. Pension benefits are constitutionally protected.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• the Academy is not too bad, when your done you can go to the mall or out to eat. The staff is super friendly. The only downside is there is no Wifi for the iPads.

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• I've been working 2 shifts for 3 1/2 years. Some people bounce around the schedule quite a bit. It depends on your station.
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Relis, where are the majority of new troopers going right out of the academy? Do you think there is any chance I would get troop A or E? Either way I'm fine with downstate, just thought I'd ask.

Comment

• I would say that A, E and L are probably not going to happen. Historically recruits went to B, K or F, however that didn't happen last class. So who knows.

Comment

• Ah ok. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by redzone16 View Post
                      the Academy is not too bad, when your done you can go to the mall or out to eat. The staff is super friendly. The only downside is there is no Wifi for the iPads.

Now thats funny...

Comment

• Couple more questions for the forum...

About when in the Academy do you find out where you will be stationed? Do you have a wish list? (I do know it depends on Division needs and the wish list probably means nothing)

The thing I love about the NYSP is the promotion potential and the vast amount of opportunities you have. In regard to promotions, do you pretty much have to relocate every time you want to go for a promotion?

Comment

• Yea I hear every thursday they have pizza and wings delivered for the recruits and some of the troopers bring in their ps3 and play games with the recruits. really laid back atmosphere, kind of like a college dorm room.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                            Thank you for the reply Reils.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb19421 View Post
                              Yea I hear every thursday they have pizza and wings delivered for the recruits and some of the troopers bring in their ps3 and play games with the recruits. really laid back atmosphere, kind of like a college dorm room.
                              I hope people who are anticipating attending the academy can read the sarcasm In this and a previous post.

Comment

• you mean its not really like that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5887 users online. 345 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X