Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was told the testing on march 9 is for the upcoming June academy. I've never taken a physical with them yet. The class size is expected to be around 160 from what I have heard from several people in the nysp.
    My rank was also 71xx.. Scored an 88 on the 2008 exam

Comment

• Have u received anything from them in the mail? My rank was 6863...I haven't been processed at all.

Comment

• I was told I will have my packet by next week.

Comment

• is anyone on here from troop a? if so, who was the person that called you and informed you of the pft weekend in march?

Comment

• I'm so confused right now.

The recruiting process was so simple in the past. Class every January / August (approximately).

So correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is there are 2 classes in right now and there is a 3rd about to start?

Comment

• The next one is rumored to start in June, which should be just after the late Nov2012 one ends.

Comment

• I have a good friend who entered the academy on January 3rd as a part of the piggy back class. He was told the whole 199th session (those who enterd in Nov. and Jan.) will walk in the graduation ceremony in May, but those who entered in Jan. will have to return to finish the 26 week academy and those who entered in Nov. will go on to their FTO phase. Then the next class will begin in June. I haven't heard when, but I've heard the division is planning on and have approved putting at least two more larger classes through. Lets hope we hear some good news soon. This waiting in the dark stinks , but I am sure it's worth it.

Comment

• I know someone who was around 6000 in rank and completed the PFT weekend and psych interview. After that they were not contacted for a background interview, polygraph, or final medical exam/uniform fitment. They got a call tonight from a background investigator and will be meeting with them this week. So if anyone is out there in the same situation be ready to take a phone call and meet with your background investigator.

Comment

• Originally posted by frontier5686 View Post
                    What did you friend rank if u don't mind me asking approximately...
                    My friend told me it was in the low 8,000's.

Comment

• why did i think the troopers cut off at 30 yrs old? i just looked again and it says 36. looks like i will have to keep my eyes open for that test in a year.

Comment

• Not quite sure yer friend is being honest with you. If they were going strictly by civil service rules, I would have recvd a call before him/her. So far I have not recvd either. Just saying...

Originally posted by unidentifiedperson View Post
                        My friend told me it was in the low 8,000's.

Comment

• http://publications.budget.ny.gov/eB...ivisionof.html

The Executive Budget recommends $732 million for the Division, an increase of $42.9 million from the prior year. This reflects new funding to implement the recently enacted New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement (NY SAFE) Act. A total of $3.2 million and 25 FTEs will support the required recertification of all pistol licenses every five years, new enforcement activities, and school safety improvement teams. Another $32.7 million in capital funding is provided to develop a gun permit database, which will allow the State to identify, on an ongoing basis, any current license holder who has become disqualified from possessing a gun, according to Federal law.

The Executive Budget recommends a workforce of 5,408 FTEs for the Division, and assumes two recruit training classes. The new recruits and critical civilian hires will offset anticipated attrition and grow the overall workforce by 176 FTEs from 2012-13.

Comment

• For any of you that had your pft weekend in September like I did and went through the psych interview, background interview, polygraph, and final medical in December 2012 you won’t be going to the pft weekend in March like the rumor was. I talked to member hiring today and they said we would be getting a call in March to do an updated background and then plan on going to the final medical sometime in May. It doesn’t sound like they're going to make us do the pft again.

Comment

• Got the call this am...see u all in March!!!

Comment

• Deleted post.
                                Last edited by NYSP61; 01-26-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4597 users online. 247 members and 4350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X