300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ATrooper2b View Post
    They also said the last class of each list is always the biggest and should easily have 200+ people.

Keeping my fingers crossed on that

If you deferred like me you should be pushed ahead of most of the people in overflow for the Jan class.

I really wish I had taen my PAT back in June of '06 like I was supposed to but it is what it is I guess.

But who knows what the real story is. Hopefully you will hear something soon regardless. Atleast your up to the medical, I still have another 6 months of waiting/hell ahead of me.
    Right there with you on the grueling wait but hey, its only been a little over three years now so what's a few more months

Comment

• You can now apply to take the next State Police teast on the Web site. Link Below.

https://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Exam-Internet/

Deadline to apply is 1 December 2007
      Last edited by dirtyduce; 06-04-2007, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• My invite came today!! See you guys up in Albany.. Good Luck!

Mike

Comment

• Congrats NYPDTROOPER! (What was the date of the letter?)

Comment

• Glad to here that NYPDTROOPER. Good to know some are still being sent out.

Comment

• The letter was dated May 21. The envelope was mailed June 1. It seems invites were sent out over a week or so.

Mike

Comment

• Just signed up for the 08 test. Hopefully I'll be in one of your's shoes in a coupe years. I'm working my arse off to score high, I seem to be pretty solid 90-95 scorer. However, I know the NYSP test is different and much harder.

Comment

• got my letter today also.......

anyone who's gone in the past, how do i dress?

Comment

• just curious, what kind of questions do they ask on the NYSP exam? is it a similar format to like NYPD or NYS Park Police, or is it a lot different? I bought one of those Arco state trooper study books, but some of the questions are just ridiculous and have absolutely nothing to do with police work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                      got my letter today also.......

Just go in your birthday suit. You won't sweat as much as the others.

Just kidding, that's a question for the made men on this thread.

Congrats on your invite though.
                      sigpic
                      IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

• Originally posted by RicoDeElite View Post
                        just curious, what kind of questions do they ask on the NYSP exam? is it a similar format to like NYPD or NYS Park Police, or is it a lot different? I bought one of those Arco state trooper study books, but some of the questions are just ridiculous and have absolutely nothing to do with police work.
                        I recall alot of mathematics. If it didn't change you will need to brush-up on your basic math skills. The rest was standard reading comprehension and writing. That you can't learn at this point. The math part is where they get you because all of the answers choices are close. I've taken the NYPD test and it is a joke compared to the NYSP test. Believe it or not, most police tests today ask very little LE related questions. Most tests measure your reading/writing skills. There's alot of people out there that can't fill out a simple report without mispelling words or putting the wrong info in the wrong spaces. These errors can mean the difference in a criminal being let go.
                        sigpic
                        IT'S A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD!

Comment

Wear conservative business attire, you can't go wrong.
                          Also, read the letter carfully, to make sure you follow all of the instructions and bring everything you need.

Good luck.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Got my ticket to the dance yesterday...

Comment

In the Letter it says to dress in athletic clothes. We have to do the pushups and sit-ups again.

Also Congratulations mleggio and everyone who got there letters this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by mleggio View Post
                                Got my ticket to the dance yesterday...
                                Congrats mleggio & Dr. Peebody. See you on the 30th!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12186 users online. 424 members and 11762 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X