Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C_Dona89
    commented on 's reply
    Would anyone know if they call you for an academy by your rank number or when you processed. For example I processed in may and failed the pushups but went back in September and passed everything I’m ranked 72xx but when I processed in September I was processing with people who scored lower than I did. So I’m curious as to if they will call someone to an academy by their rank or by when they processed. Anyone know the answer to this?

• 845Trooper
    replied
    Yup.Staying in the gym now waiting for that call .

Leave a comment:

• dutchessNY89
    commented on 's reply
    A month is too soon. I'd say they would need until May to reset for another academy. Either way, they'll definitely be other classes in line for that 2017 exam. To put things into perspective, they reached 14k for our class. Keep in shape, you'll get called.

• C_Dona89
    commented on 's reply
    For sure I think there will be 2-3 more classes from this test easily this current class graduates in March chichi means a new class in April then they would graduate in November which means aNother class will start in nov/dec and then the results for the 2020 year will be out that spring and they’ll start using that list

• Buffalo_17
    commented on 's reply
    Oh gotcha, but you do think that there will be at least one more academy class after this one right?
    Last edited by Buffalo_17; 11-20-2019, 11:00 PM.

• C_Dona89
    replied
    I am hearing mixed things about it but from a letter a friend got it sounded like they weren’t taking anymore then I also heard they’re trying to shoot for possibly one more processing. They’re having another exam in fall of 2020 I hear so they don’t wanna overprocess and not be able to use the people they process it takes time and a lot of money to process and do psych exams and psych interviews and backgrounds and pollys it all adds up.

Leave a comment:

• my93rx7tt
    replied
    Maybe they have enough candidates for another class or two already through the initial process but I did hear a few months back from a guy that works at the academy that they were hoping for another processing weekend in the spring. Things change though so who really knows. Heard another exam will be fall 2020.

Leave a comment:

• 845Trooper
    replied
    Why wouldn’t they take anymore ?

Leave a comment:

• 845Trooper
    replied
    Hopefully there’s another processing weekend soon.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog2020
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed, thankfully the state does compensate age for military service.

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    Way too many variables for anybody on a public message board to have meaningful comment on. You can always try again next year, assuming you aren't aged out.

• MadDog2020
    replied
    Hello everyone, I just joined this forum several weeks ago after I discovered it existed. Just a quick run down of what happened to me three years ago when I was undergoing my background investigation and why I was voluntarily removed for further processing. I had just separated from the Active Army less than 90 days prior to my polygraph and was told by the Investigators that due to my family's background that I was to voluntarily remove myself from further processing. My family does make poor decisions and do not think about there future while I have served in the Army for 14 years, two combat deployments, a degree in criminal justice and a squeaky clean record with never as much as a parking ticket. But because my family is messed up I was told to re-apply if I ever want a career with the NYSP. Unfortunately I missed the 2017 test as I was deployed yet again in support of Operation Inherent Resolve in Syria and Iraq. My question?? Is this typical of what to expect or is this just my rotten luck from this one particular investigator?
    Thanks for any replys and good luck everyone!

Leave a comment:

• jaguarshark
    commented on 's reply
    You shouldn't have to re-do processing if you've already passed. But obviously contact member hiring to restart your admission.

• Abram0710
    replied
    Hello everyone,
    I processed in March 2019 and got all the way through psych. Member hiring didn’t entertain conducting a background due to military obligation so I had to defer. My questions is- do I have to go to another processing weekend, or do I start where I left off? Appreciate the response, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Harleyriders
    commented on 's reply
    Gotcha. Thought they might of told you a date. But obviously thats 6 months away. Anything can change

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6316 users online. 342 members and 5974 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X