Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nov Class will be same Class as January... Rumor is of another class in June and possibly another in December.

Comment

• Originally posted by nys 2012 View Post
      The Nov Class will be same Class as January... Rumor is of another class in June and possibly another in December.
      A class in June and December when the next piggy-back class has not even started yet? I would be curious to hear who told you that rumor.
      "Cowards die many times before their deaths,
      The valiant never taste of death but once." - Shakespeare (Julius Caesar)

Comment

• Any idea if those who were processed in August and successfully completed all stages will have to reprocess for the next class that rumor has to be approved for June/July?

Comment

• Got the call, see some of you wed night

Comment

• Originally posted by FCD528 View Post
            Got the call, see some of you wed night

Congratulations. Is this a backfill position, or is the sceond half of the class starting?
            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Thanks! I was on the backfill list for the second half of the class, and since there were only 55-60 invited, I thought I might have to wait until a few people quit the first day or two, but it looks like some may have declined the offer.

Comment

• I am also on the back fill list and still waiting they wouldn't give me any indication of what place i was in my rank was 42xx hopefully its close to yours. good luck hope to see you there.

Comment

• Maybe I missed it a few posts back but when did the piggyback class start?

Comment

• Wednesday.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• yes it started Wednesday arrival time between 8 and 10pm.
                      Last edited by rotarymagic; 01-03-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Update

Originally posted by t-bear85 View Post
                        Any idea if those who were processed in August and successfully completed all stages will have to reprocess for the next class that rumor has to be approved for June/July?
                        I talked with my recruiter and she said those who didn't get called for the January start date will be contacted to redo PFT and Psych test in March form the June class. All we will have to do is an updated interview with our background investigator and we will be all set and wait for our rank to be reached. Hopefully this helps those still waiting like I am.

Comment

• when did you all start your hiring process? as in the written exam and all?

Wondering how many years it took to hire, and if i should even bother waiting anymore for the opening of new examinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by StrongHearted View Post
                            when did you all start your hiring process? as in the written exam and all?

Wondering how many years it took to hire, and if i should even bother waiting anymore for the opening of new examinations.
                            Most of us involved in the current process took the exam in January of 2008. While I think it's a great idea to try the exam, it's probably fruitless to think about it until the next exam is actually announced.

Keep in mind the long wait this time is mainly due to Gov Patterson's budget/hiring freeze. It could be better next time... or worse. The last Nassau PD exam hired practically nobody and they just held another.

Comment

Getting hired on this job, or any police job, is all about waiting. I tested in March '06 and got hired in December '08. It was well worth the wait.
                              Last edited by reils49; 01-06-2013, 07:08 PM.
                              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Like I said before, things appear to be gearing up for a new exam. If our staffing levels are presently at the level that they want us at, the State will have to continue to put small to medium sized classes through just to make up for retirements and separations without the large gap in hiring that we saw before. There are always the unexpected things that can cause larger sized classes as well (i.e. if Federal funding allows additional hires or SROs become a priority again). Only you know if it is worth it to bother waiting for you... but it's not like waiting costs you anything but maybe a bit of mental anguish.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9962 users online. 451 members and 9511 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X