Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question that maybe someone here can answer for me. Does the state academy accept recruits from outside agencies. I'm hearing that a certain local village pd on Long Island is considering sending their new hires to your academy.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevie b View Post
      I have a question that maybe someone here can answer for me. Does the state academy accept recruits from outside agencies. I'm hearing that a certain local village pd on Long Island is considering sending their new hires to your academy.
      No.

Comment

• Yeah, there will be a lot of both DIRs and DORs...

Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
        I always misspoke and said DIR instead of DOR with my recruits. They could never figure out why I was doing a domestic report on them...

Comment

• does anyone know if they do a vehicle inspection at the final medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by nyj2012 View Post
            does anyone know if they do a vehicle inspection at the final medical?
            No. Just remember that if you're driving around in an un-sat vehicle and you get a ticket, you're going to have some explaining to do.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Why is this such a popular question?

Re:

"does anyone know if they do a vehicle inspection at the final medical?"
              Last edited by Fenwickangler; 10-18-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• my window tint is a little dark. not sure if its considered illegal but i dont want to take a chance

Comment

• cancel post
                  Last edited by Mcheeks23; 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcheeks23 View Post
                    If you receive an invite to the medical this saturday a few weeks ago and receive a call today advising you to not to attend and that you will be receiving a letter within 3-4 weeks with no further explanation.....should one be expecting the letter to be a thanks but no thanks disqualification letter or is it possible the medical is being pushed back to process for the academy after next????
                    Doesn't sound promising. Apply elsewhere. Good luck.
                    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
                      haha trust me i'm not looking to sand bag it, the reason i'm interested in NYSP is to go to a more active agency, I just wouldn't want to leave my job (in the event I receive an offer), tear my rotator cuff or something similar, and be without employment or health insurance.
                      If you get injured during training, it is considered an on-the-job injury, and covered by Worker's Compensation.
                      You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• It's good to see some new faces at the stations.
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Anyone get "the call" yet?

Comment

• Not yet still waiting. Hopefully soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcheeks23 View Post
                              Anyone get "the call" yet?
                              If I was a betting man I would bet that letters will start arriving in the next week.

Comment

• any chance academy could get delayed or cancelled because of how much money the state is spending on the hurricane cleanup?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7532 users online. 403 members and 7129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X