300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mikey View Post
    How do you guys feel, the candidates from the August 4th processing weekend, that you now have to compete against 3,000 new applicants?
    I feel that it doesn't matter all that much. If I make it through everything my rank is still a lower number than the next batch....

Comment

• just got a call about processing on the 22nd of september, how many more of us are there on here. guys who did it earlier this month what can we expect?
      NYPD Exam # 6093-List # 15xx
      NYS Trooper exam passed 90% List # 14xx
      Westchester County Police Exam # 60-003 List# 2xx

Comment

• I was also notified to report Sept 22. It's been over a year since I even thought about this test. I was hired by NYC first and pretty much forgot where I stood on all the other tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb2257
          If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by 3,000 more? do you mean 3,000 people have been invited to process on the 22nd for the first time? secondly, what is your source on this?
          Nytrooper.com has an updated posting on the September processing

Comment

• For the August 4th processing, 1,500 of us were notified by mail/phone/email near the end of June. 452 candidates, including me, were present for the PAT. 100 or more of us were disqualified due to lack of sit ups. I am not sure how many more were not able to do the push ups or running but I think the number is close to 250 who passed the PAT. I was one of the candidates called out on sit ups missing them by not much. During the exit interview I was asked if they hold another PAT if I would be willing to come back and retest. I chose the option to retest when the next PAT is held. Two weeks after the August 4th PAT I received a call from my recruiter informing me to come back on September 22 for another PAT. I checked the website and realized they were calling up to rank 6,196 for the September 22 PAT. I believe for the PAT on August 4th they called up to rank 3,600. So really its around 2,500 more candidates being processed for the November/December class. I am actually happy that I have another 5 weeks before the test because I am already at a really good fitness level from training for the last one.

I don't really know what I am allowed to say on here about how the processing weekend went... if a current trooper has any suggestions on this feel free to say but I don't really want to go into detail unless they would think it is ok to post...
            "Liter is french for gimme some F* cola!"
            -Super troopers Farva-

Comment

• Expect a lot of waiting. Bring what they tell you to bring. And if you have the time to, get the official school transcripts.

Comment

• In response to the processing weekend being held on september 22. It is my understanding from other troopers whom i know have intel, that beside the class that is going to be held in Dec. there will be another class being put in directly after decembers class graduates. They are looking to put a big class. So if there was not enough canidates for our processing weekend then yes they will pull from September's processing weekend and whomever is left over would go into the next class after

Comment

• Originally posted by NYSP803605 View Post
                  In response to the processing weekend being held on september 22. It is my understanding from other troopers whom i know have intel, that beside the class that is going to be held in Dec. there will be another class being put in directly after decembers class graduates. They are looking to put a big class. So if there was not enough canidates for our processing weekend then yes they will pull from September's processing weekend and whomever is left over would go into the next class after
                  Thank you for this information. I am guessing they are still going to allow us to take a small backpack that we can put energy bars and water into. If you are parking at the academy make sure you pay attention to the troopers instructions in the parking lot and be very respectful to them, watch their hand commands for stopping and going, if you mess up, they will let you know. Don't bring anything with you except the SMALL backpack and necessary paperwork/documentation, a ton of guys were getting sent back to their cars for bringing earbuds, iphones, and ipods. Once you get in the first station you go to is to check in valuable items. I didn't have anything valuable so I didn't even use the station. They then check your social security card and you move on to the college transcripts section. Make sure you have the official transcripts because they need those. They give you extra time to mail them in but they want them immediately. The women asked that I mail mine to them on Monday. You then go to a station where you get a new manila legal size envelope to put all of your paperwork into and they file it. You are left with a checklist sheet that you bring into the gym with you for the PAT. I waited in line for about an hour and a half before entering the gym with 20 other guys to complete the sit ups portion on the PAT. Everyone had to get a partner and the first set of sit ups commenced. Those who were unable to do the correct amount of sit ups in time were sent to a corner to rest for one last attempt. Following their last attempt was the exit interview. I sat in the hallway for approximately 30 minutes for the exit interview. The trooper I spoke with was very nice and professional and I did not feel ashamed or anything. I was excited to be given the opportunity to come back for the next PAT.

I hope this helps anyone going in to the test to be more prepared. Just remember the moment you drive up to the academy you are being "interviewed" and you must act in a professional manner.
                  "Liter is french for gimme some F* cola!"
                  -Super troopers Farva-

Comment

• I guess shooting for the minimum didn't work out that well for you... In the past those who failed were not afforded the opportunity to come back at the next processing to shoot for the minimum again...

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    All you have to do is meet the minimum requirements to be considered for candidacy. It's actually a good idea to stick near the 50% mark because you might over exert yourself and burn out all your energy for the other parts of the PAT. There is no benefit to out doing yourself during the PAT, if you want to prove yourself then do it at the academy, not at the PAT. Bottom line is just do one or two reps more than the minimum in case you did one wrong.

FYI: I received this information from the recruitment officer of troop K.
                    Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                    For the August 4th processing, 1,500 of us were notified by mail/phone/email near the end of June. 452 candidates, including me, were present for the PAT. 100 or more of us were disqualified due to lack of sit ups. I am not sure how many more were not able to do the push ups or running but I think the number is close to 250 who passed the PAT. I was one of the candidates called out on sit ups missing them by not much.

Comment

• Classic!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't really know what I am allowed to say on here about how the processing weekend went... if a current trooper has any suggestions on this feel free to say but I don't really want to go into detail unless they would think it is ok to post...
                        Hey, it's a free country. Say what you want. I would keep in mind, however, that if you get hired, you may be asked to explain what you said.

Are we going to know who Mikey is?
                        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• I heard yesterday, that they are considering overlapping classes (i.e. one starting in Novermber,one starting in January). I suppose it could be done, but it would be awkward.
                          You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Thank you for this information. I am guessing they are still going to allow us to take a small backpack that we can put energy bars and water into. If you are parking at the academy make sure you pay attention to the troopers instructions in the parking lot and be very respectful to them, watch their hand commands for stopping and going, if you mess up, they will let you know. Don't bring anything with you except the SMALL backpack and necessary paperwork/documentation, a ton of guys were getting sent back to their cars for bringing earbuds, iphones, and ipods. Once you get in the first station you go to is to check in valuable items. I didn't have anything valuable so I didn't even use the station. They then check your social security card and you move on to the college transcripts section. Make sure you have the official transcripts because they need those. They give you extra time to mail them in but they want them immediately. The women asked that I mail mine to them on Monday. You then go to a station where you get a new manila legal size envelope to put all of your paperwork into and they file it. You are left with a checklist sheet that you bring into the gym with you for the PAT. I waited in line for about an hour and a half before entering the gym with 20 other guys to complete the sit ups portion on the PAT. Everyone had to get a partner and the first set of sit ups commenced. Those who were unable to do the correct amount of sit ups in time were sent to a corner to rest for one last attempt. Following their last attempt was the exit interview. I sat in the hallway for approximately 30 minutes for the exit interview. The trooper I spoke with was very nice and professional and I did not feel ashamed or anything. I was excited to be given the opportunity to come back for the next PAT.

I hope this helps anyone going in to the test to be more prepared. Just remember the moment you drive up to the academy you are being "interviewed" and you must act in a professional manner.
                            What is this energy bars and water ****. We were never allowed to bring anything to the PT testing. If you need energy bars and water to make it through PT testing then you are in for a big shock if you get in the academy. Also, any idiot that brings in a ipod/ear buds or anything else should be booted out the door. Apparently some of you do not know what you are getting in to or think you will just roll right threw this. You are not even a recruit and this is how you show up at the academy. Also, this bare min PT is crap. You think everhing you do is not going to be documented????? You are givin the opportunity that hundreds or thousands of others would do anything to be in your spot that day. Then you show up do the miniumn (as if you were working at chotchkies - office space) and flunk that none the less. I was in the academy 12 years ago and still ran 5 miles today in 40 min. It seems some of you are in for a real eye opening shock on day one.

Comment

• Hey guys I had my oral interview last week and haven't heard anything back yet. I was wondering if anyone heard anything yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by BryanM404 View Post
                                Hey guys I had my oral interview last week and haven't heard anything back yet. I was wondering if anyone heard anything yet?
                                I had the pysch interview last week and have met with my background investigator for the first time this week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9736 users online. 442 members and 9294 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X