Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the BI's consider too many tickets and/or accidents?
    Last edited by ALbanyBound; 07-06-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CabeNYC View Post
      Met with two troopers yesterday and they told a group of us that the academy will start in mid November or early December. Also said that they will not check height and weight at the PAT.
      I think for about 5 minutes 2/3rds of the way thru the academy I met height and weight. I never did prior to entering. If you are over be prepared for a body fat measurement. I lost 20lbs getting ready for the academy and another 18 during. I also don't think they measure until the medical but it was 8 years ago for me so I'm a little fuzzy on details.
      When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• There is an upcoming orientation or information session (not sure what they call it) on July 10th regarding the processing weekend in Albany. Should I be wearing a shirt and tie or just be presentable, khakis and a polo?

Comment

• Khakis/polo or slacks/button down shirt would be sufficient.
          I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• When is the new class set to graduate?

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
              When is the new class set to graduate?
              Depends on the Governor but I think it is the last week of October.
              sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Any firearms instructors around?

Comment

• I was relieved that the height and weight requirements will not be checked on August 4th, but being that I am 200lbs and 5'9 do any troopers on this forum believe I will have problem passing the PAT? I can do the Pushups and Situps at the 70th percentile and I can run the 1.5 mile at the 50th percentile. Any comments will be helpful.

Comment

• Quit shooting for the minimum requirements!!!

Originally posted by CabeNYC View Post
                    I was relieved that the height and weight requirements will not be checked on August 4th, but being that I am 200lbs and 5'9 do any troopers on this forum believe I will have problem passing the PAT? I can do the Pushups and Situps at the 70th percentile and I can run the 1.5 mile at the 50th percentile. Any comments will be helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
                      Quit shooting for the minimum requirements!!!
                      You don't want to go to Albany and fail.

Comment

• Nothing less than 100%

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• All you can do is give it everything you have. I always ran by myself while doing manual labor for 50hrs a week and never met the run time when I was training. I run with the group during the PT test and I beat the time requirement by 30 seconds. Train as hard as you can until the PT and give it everything you have. If you want to be on the job then you will find the time or extra reps. You aren't shooting for the minimum if its the best you can do.
                            When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

• Thanks for the input guys. I am working hard to get ready for the PAT, and I feel confident I will surpass the minimum requirements.

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                                Yeah...I'm debating whether or not I want to pursue another 6 months of hell only to be followed by another year or so of being the new guy.
                                I did it and it sucks, no doubt. It's really about keeping your eye on the long road here...
                                I left a dead end agency to do this and made a lot of sacrifice in doing so, both personally and professionally, but it is definitely worth it. You have to strongly consider where you want to be in LE 5,10,15.... years from now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10590 users online. 450 members and 10140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X