Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Leap! No, news yet...oh well. Now go and kick some *** at the PT exam!

Comment

• Hello, I also got an email to attend the processing weekend in August. I have not received my info packet yet but I will be attending an orientation on July 2nd held in NYC, I hope to get more info there.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        KSE822, love the job. It's a great feeling the first time you make a traffic stop on your own, you realize how much you've been through and how far you've come.

(Yes, more people are satisfied then not)
        ...yea its a good gig.

Good luck to all the prospective 199th recruits.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• Just got the packet for August. Any troopers in here ever been to a Federal LE academy? If so, what are the major differences that you noticed?

Comment

• It's going to suck no matter what academy you've been too.

Comment

• Yeah...I'm debating whether or not I want to pursue another 6 months of hell only to be followed by another year or so of being the new guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                Yeah...I'm debating whether or not I want to pursue another 6 months of hell only to be followed by another year or so of being the new guy.
                "Another year or so of being the new guy"? How about 3 years or so....

Comment

• Yeah, guess i meant more along the lines of the hazing period. Probably just stay here and give someone else more of a chance.
                  Last edited by gun_slinger; 06-30-2012, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gun_slinger View Post
                    Yeah, guess i meant more along the lines of the hazing period. Probably just stay here and give someone else more of a chance.
                    Please define "hazing". If you screw up with 25 years on... it doesn't mean that you are untouchable. And if you are the junior guy... it doesn't matter that you have 12 years on... you better be taking the garbage out and shoveling the front steps.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Deletttttteeeeeeee
                      Last edited by tc05sti; 06-09-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• I received my packet and have started working through it to get everything in order. One issue I can already see is the driving record. I havent had an accident or a ticket in almost 10 years but before that I did have a few accidents and I think two speeding tickets. I read in previous posts that the DMV could help but their info didnt go back that far (they told me only 4-5 years). Any other suggestions? Thank you for any help.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigLeap View Post
                          I received my packet and have started working through it to get everything in order. One issue I can already see is the driving record. I havent had an accident or a ticket in almost 10 years but before that I did have a few accidents and I think two speeding tickets. I read in previous posts that the DMV could help but their info didnt go back that far (they told me only 4-5 years). Any other suggestions? Thank you for any help.
                          Sorry, forgot to post that I'm trying to find the dates and investigating agency for each one.

Comment

• Met with two troopers yesterday and they told a group of us that the academy will start in mid November or early December. Also said that they will not check height and weight at the PAT.

Comment

• November or December seems about right. This article I found from April stated there would be a class in October of 90. http://http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/State-s-long-gray-line-growing-again-3522195.php#photo-2880107

Comment

• Originally posted by CabeNYC View Post
                                Met with two troopers yesterday and they told a group of us that the academy will start in mid November or early December. Also said that they will not check height and weight at the PAT.
                                Are your sure? If you're concerned about making height/weight standards, do yourself a favor and make sure your good to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9068 users online. 375 members and 8693 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X